Finalizing My Gaming PC

I'm not only playing MMOs, but also plan on playing ME3 and finally getting my hands on Skyrim, and I want to play them maxed at 1980x1200.
    So here are the specs I think I'm going for:

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T
    Power: 750W ActivePFC
    Watercooling: Corsair H60 120mm

MB/P: Z68 / i7 2600k ~4.2GHz
    RAM: 2x4 DD3 1600Mhz Corsair
    Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 580 772Mhz PCI-E 2.0 3072Mb 4008Mhz 384 bit 2xDVI Mini-HDMI HDCP

120GB Intel SATA 2.5 SSD/ 1TB 7200 SATA 3.5 HDD

All in all this will be $2317 with three-years warranty.

Does this look good for its price? Can I get something even better around the same price?

And what the hell is that Video card, i've never heared of Zotag but they offer 3GB insted of 1.5GB one with only $30 difference.

TBH, this is a horrible waste of money for $2317. Can you list individual prices and where your getting this from? It seems everything is overpriced and your not buying the right quality parts. Your power supply is the most important part of your computer, I don't see a brand there. If you live in NA use newegg or ncix to make a custom pc build where you can use sales and price match the parts. Also, is this only for gaming? A 2600k will give 0 performance increase for gaming vs a 2500k which is $100 cheaper. Also new intel chips are coming out in 1-2 months if you want to wait. Either way DO NOT BUY THIS.

Edit: Give me 20 minutes and ill show you what an estimate of that pc should cost.
    Last edited by Esg; 2012-02-28 at 12:23 PM.

i live in russia. there is no way i can get anything as cheap as you NA get (actually you get everything for free to my opinion, considering your wages vs prices ratio), so i shouldnt have listed the price at all.

if 2600k does not give performance lift, then where is it helpful? Photoshop?

Yes, 2600k is utilized for video/photo editing. Anyway since your not in NA, you want to get a company that offers lifetime warranty on video cards, I know XFX does although they only make ATI cards and only if you register online, and make sure its a legit lifetime warranty, some companies have lifetime only as long as the card is being produced (2-5 years). Your powersupply should be from Corsair, Xfx, which are mostly rebranded Seasonic PSUs, Antec is also good. Either way google the specific model you are choosing to check for issues before you purchase it.

thanks for the comment. i will make sure ill get corsair power supply

I always go for PC Power & Cooling PSU's. They're a bit pricier but run very clean and the power rating is real even under heavy loads.

If you ever want to do anything other than gaming I think the 2600 is the right choice. The other posters are correct about the 2500's and their impact on gaming but if you're going to spend the dough an extra hundred bucks may be worth it if you want to install Premiere, After Effects or Avid.

My philosophy has always been to either build the best of the best so it lasts or build the best from last years parts so I get a great system for a steep discount.

My 2 cents.

Deleted
    Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK-140 90.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($137.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($162.95 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($479.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($18.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1508.72
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-02-28 23:06 EST-0500)

okay so a few words along with this build. As I obviously(?) have no idea about prices in Russia or where ever you buy it from I used a US part picker just to give you links to all the parts.

CPU - stick with the i5-2500k
    RAM - Get some low profile similar to the ones i linked to better fir with the CPU heatsink
    CPUHS - if the one I linked isn't there, I suggest Corsair A70, Cooler Master Hyper 212, Xigmatek GAIA or Noctua NH-D14 (Noctua being the best but also the most expensive

MB - If the Extreme3 Gen3 isn't there or you want USB 3.0 connector to your front panel on your case go with Extreme4 Gen3
    PSU - Corsair HX/AX/TX 650/750 are all godd, depends if you want something modular, slightly higher quality etc. Another choice but also expensive is Seasonic X660 Gold

SSD - Similar quality to the Intel drives and both very reliable and great performer (get whichever is cheapest)
    GPU - I suggest 7950 because (at least in the US) it's similar price but performs better, less power/heat and is a great overclocker. In this case new tech > old tech

Hope that covers all your questions/concerns

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    Yes, 2600k is utilized for video/photo editing. Anyway since your not in NA, you want to get a company that offers lifetime warranty on video cards, I know XFX does although they only make ATI cards and only if you register online, and make sure its a legit lifetime warranty, some companies have lifetime only as long as the card is being produced (2-5 years). Your powersupply should be from Corsair, Xfx, which are mostly rebranded Seasonic PSUs, Antec is also good. Either way google the specific model you are choosing to check for issues before you purchase it.
    why would you need a lifetime warranty on a card that you wont keep a lifetime? 2 year warranty is enough for me, 3 years would be generous imo, i think most have a 2 year??
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga