A Couple Last Minute Questions Before Buying My Upgrades Tonight

I was thinking something like this based on recommendations/few changes.

The parts in this picker list are the parts im upgrading, im keeping my old 650W PSU/1TB Seagate HD/GTX 570

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/5c9l

Look good? Thumbs up for the buy?

P.S. Yes I know 16GB of RAM is Overkill but its like 40 more $ for another 8gigs i figure why not, question i have is will the cooler i have selected cover a slot so i cant use 16GB? IF not great. IF SO what do you think about switching cooler out for one of those little internal watercooling ones that have a fan you mount with two tubes going to a disc that sits on top of the CPU?

Deleted
    Pretty bad moment to buy Hardware (imho)
    New one coming out soon

get a i7 btw

Deleted
    I suggest you just to wait until Ivy Bridge come out. However, if you just can't wait, that is a solid build. You could downgrade to the extreme3, imo the extra stuff on Extreme4 isn't worth $60.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm purchasing my parts in 1 hour, would really love it if someone knew if the Ram slots would be covered by that CPU cooler? If so i need a new cooler suggestion pretty please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time you have room (I've yet to see a CPU heatsink overlap the ram so much that you cannot place the sticks in there.

Though I dont understand why you ned 16GB or RAM.

Unless you are doing/running the following.

Engineering/Architecture/3D Design CAT Programs
    Editing, splicing HD video.
    Hosting a server for Minecraft, even in that case, your CPU would choke the RAM

Other than those, you will most likely never use 5 or 6 GB oof RAM.

I currently have 8.

I have tons of web pages open when I game
    I am usually streaming or playing a video whether from an vid file or DVD

With those, I have many programs running int he background (Antivirus included)

I an still play skyrim on ULTRA and most time I have WOW and Skyrim open. Or WoW and Minecraft open at once.

16GB is overkill.

I was told by my local computer store that if im frapsing alot, as well as multi tasking i should at least get 12 but 8 would work "he guessed" that and its cheap so i figured heck why not.

oh and the only thing im doing with this PC is Gaming at max settings/streaming/frapsing. (would like to be able to dual box possibly even triple box if needed without lag.

Deleted
    Not sure if I'm too late but either, if not I suggest switching to some low profile RAM to easier fit with the CPU heatsink, something like these:

RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz (x2)
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz 1.35v (x2)

Last set comes in black or blue as well but at 1.5v

The rest of your build looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Not sure if I'm too late but either, if not I suggest switching to some low profile RAM to easier fit with the CPU heatsink, something like these:

RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz (x2)
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz 1.35v (x2)

Last set comes in black or blue as well but at 1.5v

The rest of your build looks great.
    I actually ended up going with this low profile ram here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233198

I hope this was an ok choice.

Deleted
    Yes I actually meant to link those earlier, great choice. Maybe the Quad Channel gimmick had me deselect them for a moment lol
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-02-29 at 04:27 AM.

Yes I actually meant to link those earlier, great choice. Maybe the Quad Channel gimmick had me deselect them for a moment lol
    not sure what quad channel even means really, i didnt do any research into that, i hope it works with the board :O

Deleted
    Yes it works fine. it's just a 4 stick kit running at dual channel speed.

Yes it works fine. it's just a 4 stick kit running at dual channel speed.
    awesome, excited, cant wait!