Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was Al Gore right all along?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...html?ref=world

Surely, we all owe Al Gore an apology for doubting his search of pigbearman, though the article and villagers got it wrong, there is no dog, it is half man, half bear, half pig!

But in all seriousness, what a weird article, and what an odd story, I wonder if it is a hoax?

""We followed them but they walked until a spot where they just vanished," Fonesch told New Era. "It’s difficult to explain what happened to those footprints because they looked as if they climbed onto something but it was in an open space, so we don’t know what happened.""

Pretty sure nothing can just vanish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The portal from imagination land must have opened up.

Waaaaah! That was scary D:, when I saw that and i nearly flipped, I really hope that doesn't actually exist Nightmares inc!
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

"This is an alien animal that the people have not seen before. We don't have a forest here, only bushes. So, this must be black magic at play," Andreas Mundjindi, a Namibian official..... black magic, really? ffs...

imo, it sounds like it could be one those huge white dogs they use to scare lions. they're built rather big from what i've seen, and a dog with bad mange can look a little scary.

Deleted
    Big dog who got in a fight with something larger and lost. Add mange or some other skin disorder.

I'm super serial

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdriWar View Post
    when I saw that and i nearly flipped, I really hope that doesn't actually exist
    Are you referring to the movie in the link? cause that simply looked like an Elephant traveling through shallow water to me. Or some other common situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AdriWar View Post
    Waaaaah! That was scary D:, when I saw that and i nearly flipped, I really hope that doesn't actually exist Nightmares inc!
    i would hope something like that does exist, makes life more exciting ;D

Deleted
    So someone let loose a hyena in Namibia - one of the most supersticious regions of the world - and the Namibians decided it must be a creature of black magic, a warlock, or a witch docter.

The sad part is "respectable" news-sources picking this up.

Deleted
    So with all the technology we have nowadays we can't catch a single monster.....Yeah.....

I figure if a venomous duck headed beaver tailed gopher footed creature can exist, then anything is possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I figure if a venomous duck headed beaver tailed gopher footed creature can exist, then anything is possible
    The platypus, one of the most fascinating mammals in existance:
    "The platypus needs to eat about 20% of its own weight each day, which requires it to spend an average of 12 hours each day looking for food."
    "The average sleep time of a platypus is said to be as long as 14 hours per day"

Can you see the dilemma? Every day they must chose between being a little hungry or a bit sleepy .

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The platypus, one of the most fascinating mammals in existance:
    "The platypus needs to eat about 20% of its own weight each day, which requires it to spend an average of 12 hours each day looking for food."
    "The average sleep time of a platypus is said to be as long as 14 hours per day"

Can you see the dilemma? Every day they must chose between being a little hungry or a bit sleepy .
    Obviously the answer is to continue eating even while sleeping

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Obviously the answer is to continue eating even while sleeping
    I wonder with which (eating or sleeping) he combines pooping and mating .

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I wonder with which (eating or sleeping) he combines pooping and mating .
    Hmmm that's a tricky one. You really shouldn't poop where you eat, bad things could happen! But bad things could also happen if you try to poop while sleeping!

I think mating can be mixed with either activity. Although mating while eating is probably the best combination out of the two

10+ Year Old Account
    Belief in black magic is still very strong in Africa. There are people I worked with down there who swore up and down that they knew a witchdoctor who killed a man, then when confronted by the police, he turned himself into a dog and ran away.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Belief in black magic is still very strong in Africa. There are people I worked with down there who swore up and down that they knew a witchdoctor who killed a man, then when confronted by the police, he turned himself into a dog and ran away.
    Meh

I have also meet people in the US that swear that it is possible to part the red sea, walk on water, come back from the dead, and turn water into wine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Meh

I have also meet people in the US that swear that it is possible to part the red sea, walk on water, come back from the dead, and turn water into wine...
    Yup, I'm not claiming that any one religion is any less crazy than another. Thought the Black Magic believers think it's something that happens all the time in the current world. At least other religions tend to claim that magic stopped happening a few hundred years ago.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yup, I'm not claiming that any one religion is any less crazy than another. Thought the Black Magic believers think it's something that happens all the time in the current world. At least other religions tend to claim that magic stopped happening a few hundred years ago.
    It still happens, they just call the occurrences "miracles" instead of "black magic"

And as usual bad, inconclusive filming.

I stopped reading where it said that the animal could belong to a Warlock or something like that.