10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They're designed for foreveralone guys. Nuff said.
    I am actually offended at that. I am not a foreveralone guy, and I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Improvising is always a good DM trait, but if you are just starting out or want to make sure you are being fair to everyone having those rules in the book helps. Roleplaying stuff is normally improvised, but when there should be things that should be in the book like being attacked while you climb up a straight surface, that should be in there somewhere, or at the very least the increased DC of just climbing up a straight surface. The lack of those rules in 4E compared to 3.x was quite the downer.

I have been interested in trying it out, but I don't have enough green rectangles and few folks to play with to do that.
    Being attacked while climbing a straight surface? You're flat-footed barring feats and special abilities. So you'd lose your dodge.

DC is usually, even when in the books, a subjective thing. It's up to the DM to determine just how difficult this climb is. If it's a smooth completely vertical surface, you're look at something nearly impossible to climb without special abilities. Tools might not even help if the surface is made of a material that is difficult to manipulate, like hammering spikes into it and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Are you hitting on me?
    You'd like that, wouldn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I think he does

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruomlig View Post
    I don't like slow classes in general. The soldier is alright, because he's not that slow and has a decent range, but I much prefer classes with some speed to them. The heavy's not bad, but playing him is like trying to wade through pudding.
    Then it is understandable why you play the scout :P Lill' fast bugger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen more than one strip. I had a female friend in college who was really into it and would read it sometimes during class. They all appeared to be the same sort of thing. One doesn't need to read all of the thousands of strips just to make a judgement on the comic as a whole. Just like you don't have to own a band's entire discography to make a judgement about the band as a whole.
    About the last sentence, I actually have to listen to a variety of their music to know whether or not it's worth it. Let's say that the first song by Dying Fetus I was instead of Shepherds Commandment, was Atrocious by Nature. Same band, similar style, but I like the first one and not the last. If I had listened to Atrocious by Nature first, and judged the entire band on that, I wouldn't have their CDs now, which would be bad, because I rather like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They're designed for foreveralone guys. Nuff said.
    Well, based on my track record, I'd say I'm a foreveralone guy. I think they're more designed for nerdy and "nerdy" girls. The webcomic centers around relationships, romantic ones especially, and throws in the occasional video game or science reference. That's why I say it's a soap opera for nerds. Will Jack and Jill admit their love finally? They had some tense moments at the SSB:B tournament! Tune in next time for The Days of our Questionable Content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Goblins is designed for DnD nerds, it's still the best webcomic out there.

And Better Days is designed for furry lovers, it is the only one who can get on Goblins' level of awesomeness.
    Better Days is awful. If you want a good anthro web comic, read Lackadaisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That is something they will have to keep track of. Unless you are a monk or rogue, your options as melee are just decide what you will hit and how many times you want to swing at it. Unless you used Complete Warrior feats that made you do stuff with certain weapons to pull them off you just sat there and rolled some dice.
    3.5 monks got the shaft. Ask about them on any number-crunching forum and they'll laugh at how pathetic monks end up being in normal play. On a scale of 1 to 6, 6 being commoner power level, monks are typically rated a 5. Rogues are a bit better, but there are so many things immune to sneak attack that they lose a large chunk of power. It's a shame really, but at least splatbooks increased their viability. Of course, splatbooks also made some casters absolutely insane.

As I said earlier, I hope 5E balances things out better than 3.X, but isn't so boring as 4E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

I am the worst spy in the history of existence. It always takes me a million years to set up a kill, and then I have to do it all over again. I'd much rather be a class that can either contribute to the team winning games directly, or just get those kills without the ridiculous amount of setup time.
    Yea spy is a pain to master but once you know proper escape routs and good hiding / jumping spots its so much fun.
    And taking out a heavy / medic combo in a dual back stab is so much fun.

But demoman sniper and heavy is also fun i play a bit of Scout and soldier as well i dont like the pyro that much.
    It feels like a cheep class you can to easly destory the enemy team with like the back burner.

Or the new flam thrower that got added during X-mas i dont remember the name of it but its really OP.
    But i cant say its not fun to light every thing on fire at times tho.

10+ Year Old Account

And Better Days is designed for furry lovers, it is the only one who can get on Goblins' level of awesomeness.
    I'll avoid those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    I am actually offended at that. I am not a foreveralone guy, and I like it.
    You don't have to be foreveralone to like it. I'm just saying thats what they are appealing to.

Better Days is meh. If I'm gonna read Naylor's stuff I'd rather be fapping to it. But it's not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you hitting on me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    fight, fight, fight, fight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, based on my track record, I'd say I'm a foreveralone guy. I think they're more designed for nerdy and "nerdy" girls. The webcomic centers around relationships, romantic ones especially, and throws in the occasional video game or science reference. That's why I say it's a soap opera for nerds. Will Jack and Jill admit their love finally? They had some tense moments at the SSB:B tournament! Tune in next time for The Days of our Questionable Content.
    That sounds nothing like it... You do realise it started as a comic that was based around hipsters, right? Not nerds. It is not centred around relationships, even though they may be a large part of it. I can't think of what to say here.

10+ Year Old Account
    This conversation has gotten interesting quickly

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Yea spy is a pain to master but once you know proper escape routs and good hiding / jumping spots its so much fun.
    And taking out a heavy / medic combo in a dual back stab is so much fun.

But demoman sniper and heavy is also fun i play a bit of Scout and soldier as well i dont like the pyro that much.
    It feels like a cheep class you can to easly destory the enemy team with like the back burner.

Or the new flam thrower that got added during X-mas i dont remember the name of it but its really OP.
    But i cant say its not fun to light every thing on fire at times tho.
    Really? I think pyro is a pubstomper class. You only die to it a lot if you're bad. Although, yes the phlogistonator is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay OP.

Like, it's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better Days is awful. If you want a good anthro web comic, read Lackadaisy.
    How can you not like Better Days?!?!?!!?!???

No, seriously, what is it you dislike about it? I haven't seen people in here discuss it that much, and when I did, no one was negative about it. So, a real question, why do you not like Better Days?

Time for this guy to hit the hay. You may not see me again for a while as I half half of the project left and I want to try and do something extra with it. It will definitely be the worst best thing I have ever done.

Being attacked while climbing a straight surface? You're flat-footed barring feats and special abilities. So you'd lose your dodge.

DC is usually, even when in the books, a subjective thing. It's up to the DM to determine just how difficult this climb is. If it's a smooth completely vertical surface, you're look at something nearly impossible to climb without special abilities. Tools might not even help if the surface is made of a material that is difficult to manipulate, like hammering spikes into it and such.
    Well I know about the armor, that wasn't a big deal, but I would have liked for more DC information. The lack of it all was surprising.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Better Days is meh. If I'm gonna read Naylor's stuff I'd rather be fapping to it. But it's not bad.
    I like how some of Naylors fappable stuff ties into Better Days and Original Life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    Oh Isi... You and your stealth links.