Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There isn't so much new in the game. New locales, weapons, a new character, etc. Personally I think it looks and hopefully will feel different enough to feel like a sequel rather then another stagnant expansion of AC2.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    From the top of my head...

-They revamped stealth
    -You can climb trees
    -DW weapons
    -You can hunt wild animals

Think thats all the major changes I can think of.
    Climbing trees seems to look exactly the same as climbing buildings, premade paths etc. And how does dual wielding change the click click click combat?

Also hunting wild animals doesn't really interest and I would like to hear how did they revamp the stealth?

They didn't... theres a few new things to hide in, you can look around corners, etc. All good but nothing really major.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't their something about the "frontier" zone being more RDR like instead of zone hopping like it was in the previous AC's?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Climbing trees seems to look exactly the same as climbing buildings, premade paths etc. And how does dual wielding change the click click click combat?

Also hunting wild animals doesn't really interest and I would like to hear how did they revamp the stealth?
    Well in the video you can see Connor hiding in the bushes, think thats one of the new revamped stealth they were talking about. There really isn't much information about it as of yet.

Oh yeah another thing they are adding is the weather in game. For example in snowy conditions soldiers tend to move slower in the heavy snow.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wasn't their something about the "frontier" zone being more RDR like instead of zone hopping like it was in the previous AC's?
    Yeah The Frontier zone is like the Kingdom from the first game except, it will have a useful purpose then just traveling in between towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    You're making it seem like the entire storyline in AC games centers around of a single premade path you have to follow. The strength of the games was always that there were always many ways to get to a target. Of course some 'paths' will be there so you can conveniently navigate around the city/frontier without touching the ground too much, but what did you expect? If they didn't do this the game would be boring and annoying since you'd have to break up your free-running all the time when the next building was just a tad too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    There isn't so much new in the game. New locales, weapons, a new character, etc. Personally I think it looks and hopefully will feel different enough to feel like a sequel rather then another stagnant expansion of AC2.
    This claim annoys me a little bit. It just shows that some people will never be pleased.

The series is adding a whole new chapter, with a new protagonist in a new place and era. Combat is completely revamped to encourage more agressive playstyles, they added a cover system, there's the addition of naval combat, free-running in natural environments, changing seasons which will affect gameplay, the quest system is redesigned and so is the economy system.

Now, I can see that AC:B and AC:R mostly just expanded upon the tone AC2 had set, but to make that claim for this game is, even from the little footage we've seen so far, a bit unfair.

Only AC game thats gained my interest back after #1

Honestly can't wait, The entire theme of it just wins me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Only AC game thats gained my interest back after #1

Honestly can't wait, The entire theme of it just wins me over.
    If you haven't played AC2, AC:B, and AC:R, I highly recommend you do so. They're a real treat!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    This claim annoys me a little bit. It just shows that some people will never be pleased.

The series is adding a whole new chapter, with a new protagonist in a new place and era. Combat is completely revamped to encourage more agressive playstyles, they added a cover system, there's the addition of naval combat, free-running in natural environments, changing seasons which will affect gameplay, the quest system is redesigned and so is the economy system.

Now, I can see that AC:B and AC:R mostly just expanded upon the tone AC2 had set, but to make that claim for this game is, even from the little footage we've seen so far, a bit unfair.
    I don't feel you really understood me. I said it looks different enough to feel like a good sequel, and we agree that ACB and ACR just stagnated the series. But you cannot deny that the gameplay seems largely unchanged. This isn't exactly a bad thing, and the new character, locales, etc should be enough.

And the naval combat with no more make this game innovative then the tower defense minigame in revelations did so for that. A nice little touch but I doubt it will actually be present in more then one or perhaps two missions. A gimmick, and a potentially interesting one, but not a significant change.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I don't feel you really understood me. I said it looks different enough to feel like a good sequel, and we agree that ACB and ACR just stagnated the series. But you cannot deny that the gameplay seems largely unchanged. This isn't exactly a bad thing, and the new character, locales, etc should be enough.

And the naval combat with no more make this game innovative then the tower defense minigame in revelations did so for that. A nice little touch but I doubt it will actually be present in more then one or perhaps two missions. A gimmick, and a potentially interesting one, but not a significant change.
    I understood you very well. I just disagree.

Deleted
    thank you so much for the game.............

I think there is a Demo for this on PSN. Did anyone try it? I was going to today.

Edit: Oh sorry I'm mistaken it was for Revelations I guess. I thought they had one for 3.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-10-07 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not able to prepurchase this game for PC? Steam still just shows "November" and the preorder perks at the official site only show them for the XBox or PS3. Is AC3 not coming to PC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Anyone else not able to prepurchase this game for PC? Steam still just shows "November" and the preorder perks at the official site only show them for the XBox or PS3. Is AC3 not coming to PC?
    Yes but like every other AC it's delayed on the PC, November 24th I believe, kinda sucks. :/
    I kinda want to preorder the "Join or Die" edition.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-10-22 at 03:44 PM. Reason: misspell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Yes but like every other AC it's delayed on the PC, November 24th I believe, kinda sucks. :/
    I kinda want to preorder the "Join or Die" edition.
    Ugh, I had forgotten about that.

Would love to get that too but I just don't have that much cash to spare.

I'm only a little disappointed by the protagonist.

Wish they could have swapped the AC3 and the PSP AC3 protagonists. Would have been interesting for the finale of the trilogy to have had the female protagonist.

Still looking forward to it, though!

I agree, a female protagonist would be nice.

I like the look of Connor so far though. And at least he's new.

I mean, it's quite telling that so far, there have been more then 10x the pre-orders for AC3 then there were for Revelations.

Revelations was just a giant piece of rubbish. The only worthwhile parts of it were the Desmond sections. Well, maybe not rubbish per se, but its like binging on caviar for a week, then binging on more caviar, and then a THIRD week of binging on caviar. Sure caviar isn't shit, but after two weeks of it, another week of caviar will be like eating shit. Thats what Ubisoft did to us. They served us caviar, but they were still feeding us shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a Constantinople fan and I still have not finished that game. It was simply too much "more of the same" for me.

Exactly. The city felt boring and homogenous, even though as a setting it is very interesting. They did nothing to make me invested in the city, world, characters, story, anything of that game.

Sick. Sarah Jane used her powers to merge the threads.

I thought there was gonna be a demo but it seems not. One week till game comes out, I got my reserve ready on target.