Ore Shuffle Help.

On my server, hypnotic dust sells for 16-18g a stack. Should i just sell the necklaces/rings or keep disenchanting them and hope for celestial essences(50g for a greater one)/Heavenly shards(80-90g each)?

Quote Originally Posted by zumkehr54 View Post
    On my server, hypnotic dust sells for 16-18g a stack. Should i just sell the necklaces/rings or keep disenchanting them and hope for celestial essences(50g for a greater one)/Heavenly shards(80-90g each)?
    ... I would do a study, this is kinda a math thing, and you don't give enough information to do it. but it comes down to the % chance of getting a essence or shard, how much profit will be made on those items, and how much you make just selling them...

You could Google the formulas, or simply do a study and make like 100 of these things, sell half and DE half and see which makes you more

as a general rule, you should try at least 30 of each side to get reasonable results.

If the item is blue DE it (Esp if you have the guild perk for bonus shards) a green ring or neck 75% of the time turns into dust and is a net loss on profit. It is better to Auction the greens. Honestly this late in the xpac you might just break even or better (considering the price of the thing used to make the ring) to just sell the gems in stacks of 3 for the dailies / fire prisms. But this late in the xpac the shuffle is on its last legs and you should sell off your remaining stockpiles before the prices decline anymore then they already have.

-Greedy Warlock

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Which necklace/ring? essentially.. here's the equation you want to work out:

(Avg # hypnotic dust)*(% chance to DE hypnotic dust)*($ gold per hypnotic dust)+(avg # celestial essence)*(% chance to DE celestial essence)*($ gold per celestial essence) > sell price of item

As long as the above equation works out to be true, you're golden (in the long run mind you, working with numbers of actual statistical significance). If not, just sell them.

An addon like enchantrix should help you figure out what your average DE items will be.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Which necklace/ring? essentially.. here's the equation you want to work out:

(Avg # hypnotic dust)*(% chance to DE hypnotic dust)*($ gold per hypnotic dust)+(avg # celestial essence)*(% chance to DE celestial essence)*($ gold per celestial essence) > sell price of item

As long as the above equation works out to be true, you're golden (in the long run mind you, working with numbers of actual statistical significance). If not, just sell them.

An addon like enchantrix should help you figure out what your average DE items will be.
    ^ This, I would consider 30 to be a good number to go with.

Deleted
    disenchant everything but the blue jewelcrafting items, on my server pyrite ore is about 80-100 gold now If I only get 2 Essences out of it I made profit. You're extremly unlucky to not get any essences really.

Rare Jasper Rings = AH
    Everything else DE

Deleted
    wot the power gamez person said. If you cnat be bothered to auction blues or you just want a return then a de'd blue is worth about 1/3 of the price of a heavenly shard.