Poll: Which of these 3 would you choose?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

If you could choose 1 of these 3 awesome things..

So me and a friend were having a conversation today, about what we would choose out of 3 things, Physical perfection, Amazing intelligence, or miraculous luck.

Here are the choices in detail

Physical perfection

Your body is perfect, you look exactly how you want, you have superhuman strength, you never get ill, your fast, your practically indestructable.

Amazing intelligence

Basicly speaks for itself, you know everything, every detail about everything there is to know, allowing you to solve lifes great questions and come up with amazing inventions!

Miraculous Luck

Every one of your Endeavors always ends up in the best way possible, you are the definition of luck, if something can go right for you, it does, if something can go wrong, it doesnt.

Which of these would you choose? my friend said intelligence, i said luck. what about you?

Edit: Poll added!
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2012-03-07 at 07:43 PM.

Intelligence - money will follow

If im intelligent enough i will be reading the small prints on the contracts first

First invention: Super soldier serum! And Iron Man

10+ Year Old Account
    physical sux because .... I dont know its just not needed, except never getting ill...thats a lifewish for everyone right? ;p
    I have no need for luck :s so give me intelligence, why?

because God made me stupid right now xD

Deleted
    Surely if you're that lucky, you'd be born with the perfect body and super intelligence? ;d

Luck -Can use it to acquire both other options
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

i would choose luck just so i could walk around sighing ironically saying " that's just my luck..."

10+ Year Old Account
    surely with intellegience you can extend your life for a very long time, as well as all the other personal and humanitarian benefit,s so i'd probably plump for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Intelligence - money will follow

If im intelligent enough i will be reading the small prints on the contracts first

First invention: Super soldier serum! And Iron Man
    Do I get to keep my other attributes?

If so, I'll take physical perfection, because I already feel smart enough, and never having to worry about how I look or feel would be fantastic. There's a lot of studies that suggest that emotional state is also linked to physical condition, so if having perfect physical condition made me feel happier, that would be awesome.

Now if taking the physical made me dumb or unlucky, I'd probably take the intelligence.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a hard question. probably*intelligence. i can always work out, and if im smarter then everyone i have less need for luck. Although if im so lucky i would have been born with both soo...

You wouldn't need physichal perfection with the best luck because you would be able to decide a lot of stuff with luck instead of looks or strength/whatever.
    You wouldn't need intelligence because every guess or whatever you do would end up being the right answer when needed.

With Intelligence you could be so smart you could improve your body to be perfect.

I guess Luck>Intelligence>Physical :P

Deleted
    Luck

Would perhaps stumble across some amazing inventions, and with luck I'd never get sick, I'd live longer, I'd get all dem ladies! And as someone said before, money will folow luck, just buy a couple of lottery tickets or whatever ;D And since it feels like I'm dating Miss Misfortune at the moment, I'd not mind dating Lady Luck

Deleted
    Luck, because others are irrelevant if you have luck.
    I mean I'm ok with being medium nice appearance wise, not ugly nor beautiful, so there is no problem.
    And intelligence you need some but not too much as too much might be bad since it makes you unhappy.

Yet, if you chose luck, everything you do comes good, so if I want to stop world hunger, I'm not smart, but being lucky despite all odds I find the people that can help me solve the problem. I pay them with the money won at lottery because of my luck. Plus, all your relations on others are becoming better, as, by luck, you always seem to do what the others like when they like it. So overall miraculous luck blows the other two out of the water.

Deleted
    I'd go with the luck. I like how I look and intelligence would be nice but where's the fun in knowing everything? Half the fun of knowledge is the pursuit of it, the learning.
    Plus, if one had luck, if you endeavour to learn anything, you will. So, as you sell it, all the knowledge and intelligence you want would eventually be yours. And you could land your dream job, find the girl/guy of your dreams and have beautiful kids.

Deleted
    With "amazing intelligence", you will surely come to despise all the lesser beings, so to say, because of their ignorance. No one will ever be your match in anything you can use your brain to gain an advantage with.
    "Miraculous luck" would lead to incompetence due to the fact that everything will be served to you with little to no effort. Also i don't think all this luck would appear out of nowhere, but instead screw everyone else over in the process (especially in competitions).
    So... that leaves "physical perfection", with the illness immunity being a very appealing quality!

Life is largely about luck. Intelligent people are a dime a dozen. Making your body stronger and more immune to diseases is something you can put effort into - it won't give you a perfect body, but a good enough one - sure.
    Some form of miraculous luck will put you in the right place at the right time every time, which is more important than being super-good-looking or super-intelligent. Some of the most successful people in this world are there because of luck and having the right idea, and knowing the right people.

Unless of course, my intelligence allows me to prolong life by hundreds of years, figure out FTL drives, and travel through space!

Physical perfection for me. Luck needs a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Luck -Can use it to acquire both other options
    first thing that crossed my mind.

Well, if you take the intelligence, you can still achieve physical perfection easily since you won't need to ever study or work at intelligence? That seems like a fairly obvious solution to me, :P.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Well, if you take the intelligence, you can still achieve physical perfection easily since you won't need to ever study or work at intelligence? That seems like a fairly obvious solution to me, :P.
    Yeah, but what if you, with your ordinary luck, end up hurting yourself while trying to gain physical perfection? :P

As a fan of the Wheel of Time series, and more specifically the character Mat Cauthon from said series, I choose Luck

*dice starts rolling in my head* OH NOES!