Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PC Gaming Headsets?

Anyone have any knowledge on pc gaming headsets?

was thinking about getting these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000RVD89M

or these http://steelseries.com/products/audi...ies-siberia-v2

help if you can. or mehbeh just say which ones seem best bang for the buck

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your current budget?

I'm using the steelseries ones you linked. Been using them for over a yearish or so. Still in good condish.
    • Support Main
    • Rank 1 Hero League
    • 1st Wave Alpha player
    • 6K+ Games played

I'm currently using http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...-sound-headset, the sound is god-like. Little more expensive than what you linked though

I had Siberas for a long time. They are decent headphones, I believe either one of the headband straps snapped or one of the plastic thngs on the side cracked resulting in one of the ears falling off. I do remember it being from a fall from my desk to the ground.

I also at one time had a pair of those logitech precision headsets or something very smilar and remember it being uncomfortable as hell.

I dunno how much I would like a pair of headphones with square earphones.

Might I suggest possibly something wireless? I personally got the WoW headphones made by logitech, the receiver and headphones hook into my keyboard and work like a charm. I don't get any dropped/delayed sound and it is damn nice not having to worry about a long ass headphone cord (like the siberias have) and rolling over it or getting it tangled in a chair.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 05:28 AM ----------

If you want to talk about comfort for long gaming sessions the Siberias are hands down one of the most comfortable headsets I've ever worn. The WoW headset actually was a little tight to begin with but isn't as bad now.

Here is a link of the WoW headset...
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-...0666016&sr=8-1

What I really enjoy is the detachable microphone.

Deleted
    Check out the suggestions in Marests sample build thread:

Peripheral suggestions

Or search "headset" in this forum, there is quite a few of them.

My suggestion is Audio Technica ATH-AD700 || Review + Zalman clipon mic.

As for a headset I'd say Sennheiser PC 360 but they also cost twice as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I echo Notarget's suggestion in a few circumstances. If you like bass, the AD-700 headset isn't for you, as it's open back. They're also not noise cancelling, so you'll hear ambient noise pretty well.
    Anyway, I'm not sure of headsets in that range, but stay away from Logitech, Razer, SteelSeries, or anything else labeled as "gamer" gear. They're overpriced for mediocre sound equipment, and all come with inherent flaws. Build quality is sub par, and you'll miss a LOT of audio fidelity you would get with just a pair of headphones and a clip on mic.

Deleted
    Well, if you want cheap I'd say go for a pair of Koss KSC-75 together with a clip on microphone. Should cost you around $20 tops and offer about the same sound quality as a $70-100 headset. The KSC-75 has poor bass-response though, but for around $15 they are fairly hard to beat in price/performance.

A step up from that would be the JVC RX700, again together with a clip-on microphone, for around $40 total. They can be fairly hefty modified too: http://www.head-fi.org/t/435809/jvc-ha-rx700-mods

Another step up would be the Superlux HD 681 or the Samson RH600 at around $50-60 total. After that it's basically the ATH-D700 up until $150, where the Sennheiser HD555 take over. These all sound way better than any headset in the same price-range.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, if you want cheap I'd say go for a pair of Koss KSC-75 together with a clip on microphone. Should cost you around $20 tops and offer about the same sound quality as a $70-100 headset. The KSC-75 has poor bass-response though, but for around $15 they are fairly hard to beat in price/performance.

A step up from that would be the JVC RX700, again together with a clip-on microphone, for around $40 total. They can be fairly hefty modified too: http://www.head-fi.org/t/435809/jvc-ha-rx700-mods

Another step up would be the Superlux HD 681 or the Samson RH600 at around $50-60 total. After that it's basically the ATH-D700 up until $150, where the Sennheiser HD555 take over. These all sound way better than any headset in the same price-range.
    PortaPros fix the bass issue.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    I got siberia v2 at work and just remember they are good if you want to hear the sounds outside of your headphones or you are sitting in a quiet room.

I just bought Corsair vengeance 1500 for my gaming rig and hoping they will isolate me a bit more and i got them for around 39 euro.

Deleted
    Razer megalodon<3

Deleted
    The Siberia V2 is a nice chat-headset with acceptable sound-quality. I wouldn't claim that it offers nice value, but compared to other headsets in the same range it's a potent choice. They are (and this is damn important to me at least) not very comfortable, at least to me. If you really want a headset, I'd still pick the AKG GHS1 over the Siberia V2 even if they cost a bit more as they offer better sound quality and way better comfort.

I can't recommend the Razer Megalodon one bit. Sub-par build quality, really awful sound for the price (which means bad value) not to mention that the "7.1 surround sound system" is a gimmick at best. If you really want a headset and have a budget around $150, get the Sennheiser PC350.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    The Siberia V2 is a nice chat-headset with acceptable sound-quality. I wouldn't claim that it offers nice value, but compared to other headsets in the same range it's a potent choice. They are (and this is damn important to me at least) not very comfortable, at least to me. If you really want a headset, I'd still pick the AKG GHS1 over the Siberia V2 even if they cost a bit more as they offer better sound quality and way better comfort.
    I thought Siberias comfort was what they were known for.

Deleted

Smile

I have had the 'Turtle Beach x11s' for a while now.They're amazing! When i bought them they were only £55.00 so i imagine they'll be a lot cheaper now.

Out of the Logitech and steel series i would say the steel series by far

Also if you have one the Turtle beach work with xbox 360s plus have a really long cable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujje View Post
    I thought Siberias comfort was what they were known for.
    To some, maybe, but when you compare them to quality headphones from AKG, Sennheiser or similar their comfort is pretty sub-par. My AKGs feel way better than my friends Siberia V2. Even headphones that are considered to have only decent comfort (like Grados) feel better than the Siberia V2 headset. Perhaps it's unfair to compare a headset to headphones though... /shrug.

Deleted
    You can get a pair of Sennheiser PC 350 for around $150 if you really want a headset and not headphones, still $55 less than the 360's.

Deleted
    I'm currently using;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004O9GYGM

Which work great for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujje View Post
    I got siberia v2 at work and just remember they are good if you want to hear the sounds outside of your headphones or you are sitting in a quiet room.

I just bought Corsair vengeance 1500 for my gaming rig and hoping they will isolate me a bit more and i got them for around 39 euro.
    Velour earpads. Therefore no cigar.

To some, maybe, but when you compare them to quality headphones from AKG, Sennheiser or similar their comfort is pretty sub-par. My AKGs feel way better than my friends Siberia V2. Even headphones that are considered to have only decent comfort (like Grados) feel better than the Siberia V2 headset. Perhaps it's unfair to compare a headset to headphones though... /shrug.

the only difference between the 2 is that 1 is supposed to have an integrated microphone.

Seriously though, amps are a much better value if you can assemble some headphones yourself, with drivers you get off ebay or even head-fi.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

I really like my Turtle Beach EarForce x11s. They're a little bright sounding, but turning the highs down in the Realtek software remedied it just fine. They are discontinued, but there's a comparable pair available, the Z2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rojam2 View Post
    I'm currently using http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...-sound-headset, the sound is god-like. Little more expensive than what you linked though
    Indeed! Using this one myself too, and gotta say the sound is really good. It's comfy too! You won't get any neck strains or any pain when wearing it for hours straight. The microphone is also really good, and it comes with free voice morphing (pre sets but still, they are fun to use from time to time).
    And one of the features I love of this headset, is when you move the mic up it auto mutes, and down it's on. (Little thing, but god it's a quality of life thing <3 )

Deleted
    Been using the Sennheiser 333D
    And i can only say nothing but to recommend it.

The wire is a bit thin but i bought a cable protector and everything is fine