15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    E5200 to 2500K. Beat that. ;p
    E5200 came out after the Q6600.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Celeron M 1.5ghz (not sure code name) to 2500k
    lawl, cel's are single core right haha!?!

But yeah the quad core at that OC is insane... I am almost going crazy over how cell phones are going to be quad core in late april... I just purchased a dual core phone (my first smart phone)... its insanely fast running any game etc... and some of these droid games are pretty intense! Anyways, but yeah computers with all these cores being up that high is just out of this world. Each core can computer X1 of a single core - making them just awesome. I am using a dual core and I love it. I can't even imagine a quad, or some of these new ones... 6 core etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    E5200 to 2500K. Beat that. ;p
    Went from an E2200 to 2500k lol... 2.0 Ghz dual core to 4.6 Ghz quad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Celeron M 1.5ghz (not sure code name) to 2500k
    Dang, I remember my AMD Duron 800 and Celeron 1500 (I think it was the Celeron).
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Dang, I remember my AMD Duron 800 and Celeron 1500 (I think it was the Celeron).
    Pentium 1 166 to a 1.67 GHz AMD single core chip (can't remember its name) to an Intel E8400 c2d (@stock 3.0 GHz). And will be upgrading to a 3570K in (hopefully) 5-6 weeks time.

Anyway, getting back to the topic; AMD had to turn off 6-7 of the cores on the FX to get that 8.7 GHz clock on liquid He, Intel didn't have to turn off (from what I understand) any cores for their CO2 cooled 7 GHz. But what would the implications of a 112.11 MHz base clock be for the PCI-E devices attached to the motherboard? I remember reading in a Sandy Bridge overclocking guide that you shouldn't push the base clock beyond ~104 MHz because of the graphic cards and what-not.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    E5200 came out after the Q6600.
    Yet the Q6600 was far superior. ;P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Anyway, getting back to the topic; AMD had to turn off 6-7 of the cores on the FX to get that 8.7 GHz clock on liquid He, Intel didn't have to turn off (from what I understand) any cores for their CO2 cooled 7 GHz. But what would the implications of a 112.11 MHz base clock be for the PCI-E devices attached to the motherboard? I remember reading in a Sandy Bridge overclocking guide that you shouldn't push the base clock beyond ~104 MHz because of the graphic cards and what-not.
    The Ivy Bridge CPU-Z report is still unofficial as far as I'm concerned...was it Intel? Was it on dry ice? Seems like nobody is sure. As for turning off cores, AMD shut off as many cores as they possibly could, all but two cores (one module). I'm sure the Ivy Bridge system would be completely unstable at 112MHz BCLK. The intention wasn't to achieve stability, but to boot into Windows and open CPU-Z... It's not like AMD or Yang ran any benchmarks at 8+ GHz with their AMD FX chips.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-03-04 at 09:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    The Ivy Bridge CPU-Z report is still unofficial as far as I'm concerned...as it Intel? Was it on dry ice? Seems like nobody is sure. As for turning off cores, AMD shut off as many cores as they possibly could, all but two cores (one module). I'm sure the Ivy Bridge system would be completely unstable at 112MHz BCLK. The intention wasn't to achieve stability, but to boot into Windows and open CPU-Z... It's not like AMD or Yang ran any benchmarks at 8+ GHz with their AMD FX chips.
    i think you guys are forgetting to look at my second link.......... it did becnh and it bench REALY good at 7 GHz
    http://hwt.dk/Nyhed/22062/Ivy-Bridge-viser-taender
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is 5 seconds of SuperPi really worth mentioning?