Heroic Hagara, any suggestions for us?

Here's a WoL. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/68pceiqhviv9v969/

Quite honestly, we're wiping to both phases, we're trying to work out the kinks but it's just madness, to say the least.

In lightning phase we have our two healers stand in the center, and have 4 teams of 2. On east and west 2 people wait to run to the north, and 4 people start running two in each direction from the south toward the east and west nodes. That usually seems to have a lot trouble, I don't think we've had a single successful lightning phase.

Ice phase.... We have no idea. We appear to be flip flopping. We've tried running into the bubble for dispels, we've tried running in circles around one mob, into the bubble, out of the bubble, and doing so until one dies and moving to the next. We tried sitting in the bubble with ranged and two healers, but they said the damage was obscene and didn't like it. Would it maybe be better to attempt using 3 healers and sitting in the bubble?

Our raid comp is as follows.

Fire Mage
    Arms Warrior
    Shadow Priest
    Assassination Rogue
    Blood Death Knight
    Frost Death Knight
    Survival Hunter
    Holy Priest
    Restoration Shaman

We do use drums of the forgotten kings for the 4% buff, but if I'm not mistaken that lacks full level 85 resistance I believe, which isn't very good, but it's better than not having anything.

I'm open to any video suggestions you all may have, or strategies anyone is willing to type out that their guild has tried, we seem to be running in circles, and some it seems like some people are hitting breaking points I believe.

Deleted
    Have the hunter switch to aspect of the pack for ice phase and aspect of the wild for lightning phase.

Go with three healers or have your shadow priest off-heal in lightning phase.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should do it with 3 healers if you can. It's just so much easier.
    On lighting phase try to make 4 people run (2 each side): BDK+Rogue and SP+Warrior (or FDK). 6 people just stand in the middle and heal/do nothing.
    On frost phase we kill stuff one by one running into bubble for dispells/avoid waves. Again, much easier with 3 healers.
    And spec you rogue into combat (ice tomb cleaves) or sub (Hagara/Ice pillars burst). Assasination makes no sense here (even 8% spell damage).
    I'd change FDK for resto druid.
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

use 2 teams for lightning not 4, and make sure nobody is chaining the lightning to the group and watch out for the effect on the ground,

Use 3 healers and have all ranged stand in the bubble and roll cooldowns, Totem,hero,bubble(if your priest can go disc) if your healers can't keep you up, try using aspect of the pack and run around with dispelling,

Hi there, guild master of HawK here! Let my give you some suggestions atleast i found very helpful when we progressed this.

First of, go with 3 healers. This encounter is not a DPS check and 3 healers will minimize the deaths and makes lighing phase alot easier. We always went with 3 healers, and we alwyas have 3, sometimes (but rare) 4 phases.

Seconds of, the ice lances can kill of people easy, take 4 stacks max. We never take more then 4-5 stacks.

Lighting phase: This is basically a healing phase, healers should use all cds and cast fast heals. As a resto shaman, i go from 90% mana to 10% on this phase, but hey, it doesnt matter, beacuse the frost phase is a regen phase, and i always have 90% mana again until the next lighting phase. Don´t be shy with mana!

Frost phase: This is what we do: At 6 stacks of frost flakes, we move inside the bubble - dispell - out again. You will take 18 k damage, wich is easiliy healed up, and the frost patches will come under the boss, and cause no trubbles for you. Also have a hunter use aspect of the pack. We had a druid using stampeding roar aswell, shouldnt be needed tho. About sitting in the bubble: Don´t. Frost phase is a regen phase for the healers. When we first started to progress on this boss we failed alot in frost phase, now noone dies ever. Just keep practicing, and keep in mind this is a hard boss. Took us 3 weeks of progress to down her, and only 2 weeks for Warmaster Blackhorn for us, we only raid twice a week tho

Here is one of our kill of Hagara:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zcTMm3qsY

Deleted
    we had trouble with ice phase at first without a hunter but holy priest works better imo once he gets the hang of it.

have your holy priest spec body and soul

- get debuff
    - move inside bubble
    - dispell and instant shield for 60% movement speed to catch up with the rest. (unlikely he will get debuff again while weakened soul is still up)

for lightning phase as said above use 3 healers and just 2-3 each side and the rest can stand in the centre and heal or /dance. eg our mage doesnt do any running in lightning phase he just sits in iceblock for it all.

Deleted
    Search vox immortalis guide video on utub. They use best strategies and they also have a 3 melee setup.

Deleted
    Use 3 healers.
    2 pairs of 2 chaining lighthing and big healer cds in lighthing phase (also shadowpriest/ele/boomkin can offheal).
    Just run around hitting anything you can in ice phase really, if you get debuff you run into bubble and get dispelled and run out (once you understand the mechanics the phase is a joke).

Enrage won't happen before 4 burn phases, so don't worry to much about that.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-02-28 at 02:32 PM.

Frost Phase:

I agree 3 healers is best, we actually abuse our healers by having them and all ranged stand inside the bubble. Melee runs in for dispels so there are no frost patches anywhere. This allows ranged to target every crystal so it helps the crystals die quicker since the ones melee cant get to range can work them down till melee gets there. This really speeds up the phase and makes most of the mechanics trivial.

Lightning phase: This phase is all about knowing how to keep moving from point to point. If you use 2 group of 2 just make sure the partners maintain the same distance since the mechanic is really sensitive and one being too far ahead will remove the chain from them and the person behind them may overrun the lightning and have to back track. We still have it where it falls off every now and then and have to backtrack, but when progressing its best to get this as clean as possible to avoid the extra damage. For a speed boost we do stampeding roar when the add dies and we go from there, just be aware that things like bubble and anti magic shell will not allow you to chain the lightning.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzatE...eature=channel

We use 3 healers, 2 teams of 2 for lightning only, all others stands in middle while those 4 people are chaining it (2 on each side, never really paid attention to what they do, but it's both tanks (well one is dpsing) and rogue/mage)

Frost phase, we move as a group, go inside the bubble to let the ice wave pass until we kill the frost pillar, then move on to the next one.. everybody goes inside the bubble and call for a dispell when they need it.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-02-29 at 08:52 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

We use three healers and have the range stay inside for the frost phase, so that has always been rather trivial for us. No point in making it harder if your healers can handle it. The lightning phase on the other hand is still a bit rough for us. It tends to go kind of longer than it should, but with three healers we're usually able to handle it, but there is never a guarantee. We actually have our rogue reset the boss if lightning phase is first, so we are guaranteed to get two frost phases and just one lightning.

Deleted
    Like everyone said, use 3 healers.

Unlike everyone I really dislike the standing in middle strat, its so very easy to run around the edge if you abuse Aspect of the Pact that I see no point in in doing anything else. Just run into the center to dispel and have your healers dispel them, it might take an attempt or two but one you get it its down for good and it becomes very easy. You also don't have a lot of ranged so stacking in the middle is even worse for you.

Deleted
    The way we do this (killed with 5% nerf, so would be even easier now) is by running 3 healers, and positioning ourselves so the tank is on the edge of the platform right next to where elemental/binding crystals spawn. We use a paladin tank so we have to taunt dance the Focused Assaults, but you have a blood dk, so FA should pose no threat with 3 healers. Also, since Hagara prefers targets in front of her for Shattered Ice, this positioning means it will always hit the tank, so no risk of random SI gibs because of ice lance stacks.

For the frost phase, we leave one healer and our best ranged DPS inside of the bubble to focus on the fourth crystal, while the rest of the raid focuses down the first one (which should be dead before the ice walls reach the edge. If you can spare DPS for that, send some DPS straight onto the second crystal.
    Second is usually always killed or almost killed before ice waves catch up, then we move on to third, and once on third, we cheat the ice wave by cutting through the bubble, til third dies, and by that time, the lone ranged has almost killed fourth. We do not have Aspect of the Pack for this phase, and it's definitely doable without it, so having it will only make the phase be that much shorter.

As for lightning phase, we do it by having 2 two-men teams, one running in each direction, with all 3 healers in the middle, and using 1 healing CD (Tranq, Div Hymn) plus the Pala's Raid Wall (no need even for 4pc'd Raid Wall, if you use it right as you start running.) The remaining 3 people run straight to the opposite side, to close the circuit to the last crystal, making the phase last for about 8 secs since ele dies.

BL is used during any of the stuns.

I also found it helps if you make your Grid-using dispellers set it up so it fades the frames of those who have Frostflake but NO Watery Entrnchment, to prevent accidental ice patches, but we killed it ayway without these shenanigans, all it takes is coordination over Vent.

We tried this fight a variety of ways and converged on the following:

- We have our hunter reset the boss so we always start on lightning phase. Your dps should be high enough so that you only get 3 phases, and lightning phase is shorter, giving you a better shot at beating enrage. Also, lightning phase is a bit easier once your team learns it.
    - For lightning, we have two teams of two go in opposite directions as is standard. we have everyone else stack in the center to benefit from efficient aoe heals. There's really no reason to have anyone else running to other conductors. It just puts more stress on the healers, and doesn't save much time.
    - your healers should use their CDs in this phase, but time it right. You don't want to blow them too early, when damage isn't that high. Generally we use them when the teams are half way through the circle. Divine Hymn here is awesome, but the priest should find the sweetspot position to be in range of both teams when he casts. Sprit link will be useful for everyone else stacked in the middle. Split the two running teams between two healers, so they can make sure they're in range of their team the whole time. The platform is just big enough to have some spots that are out of ranged when you're in the center.
    - For flood phase, we tried having ranged stack in the center while melee ran, and almost got a kill this way, but frankly it sucked. It makes it so that both the lightning and flood phase are now stressful on healers, taxing their mana, etc... Running isn't hard once the group gets a hang of it, particularly with aspect.
    - For snowflake in flood phase, we initially were dropping it in the bubble with our holy priest giving b&s to get out, but we found that it was simpler to just drop it on the left (outside) edge. This made it easier for the group to stay together.
    - When I heal this fight, I use mouseover macros for my dispel and instant heals. If you have dbm having players announce with /say that they have the debuff, you can simply wait for them to go the outside edge, and dispell right on their nameplate, simplifying the process and keeping your eye in the game instead of your frames. Early dispels suck because you end up with the ice patch in the middle where it's most dangerous. The mouseover macro also works great for pw:s and renew for holy priests.

Quote Originally Posted by ananoon View Post
    - For flood phase, we tried having ranged stack in the center while melee ran, and almost got a kill this way, but frankly it sucked. It makes it so that both the lightning and flood phase are now stressful on healers, taxing their mana, etc... Running isn't hard once the group gets a hang of it, particularly with aspect.
    This really depends on your healers. We strongly prefer the frost phase and we have no issues stacking in the center.

Not to be redundant but try 3 healing. However, if I'm able to go on a resto druid alt and 2 heal lightning phase then your healers shouldn't be having issues. Do they know how to use their cooldowns?

other than 3 healing it. on ice phase all the dps/tank stick together on one crystal till its dead. run in to dodge the wall and for dispells. for lightning phase dont use the hunter pet to chain pylons, it's way too buggy.