Deleted

Should I change spec because of that?

Hey.
    Or core raiding group suffer because of quiting members. The main problem is now for me that we lack of hunters, ench shamans or paladins so I'm out of 20% attack pwoer bonus and droping about 6-7k dps on each boss while in combat spec. So I started to wonder to change spec into assassination wich it's mainly poisons/evenom damage. I know that mutilate will be hit also less but I'm really dissapointed with Combat damage without AP buff.

Also I'm owner of 2p of leggendary daggers so there is no problem with weapon farm/change etc.

When I run my character through shadowcraft in optimal combat and optimal assassination reforges/talents, taking away Might is a ~6000 DPS loss either way. I don't think switching to assassination is going circumvent not having the 20% AP buff.

Blood DKs can bring this too, but I'm guessing you don't have one of those either.

I would agree with what is said above though, both specs are going to be hit pretty hard by not having might. Any amount gained by switching to Assassination (if there is any at all) would be eaten up by Assassination doing less damage too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stariian View Post
    Blood DKs can bring this too, but I'm guessing you don't have one of those either.
    Nah, our tanking pair is Warr/Feral.

Also by reading both comments I'm really clueless about my improvement right now ;/

Noob question...but in your situation, would the ghetto kings buff be helpful?

Beyond this, I think the issue with assassinattion DPS is that you are not going to get the full benefit of your daggers since so much is based on poison dmg. Your best bet is stacking mastery, and that may mean some gear changing if you were doing Combat.

I would suggest that you stay Combat. You alone cannot fix this whole issue, but tinkering too much may make it worse.

Poison damage scales with attack power, so switching to assassination won't solve your plight.

Not having Might is a huge DPS loss. As was stated, poison damage scales with AP, so being Assassination won't help. Honestly, there are 4 classes / specs who can bring it, your best bet is to try and find one.

More important than your personal dps loss is raid dps loss, all tanks and melee dps benefit from that buff, so it's pretty gigantic raid dps loss to not have it. Hunters suffer too, but to a lesser extent. If you have a surv or bm hunter in your group, it'd probably be most beneficial to the raid to have that hunter respec to marksmanship. The raid dps gain will be much, much larger than your hunter's personal dps loss. Either that or have an ele shaman go enh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    Not having Might is a huge DPS loss. As was stated, poison damage scales with AP, so being Assassination won't help. Honestly, there are 4 classes / specs who can bring it, your best bet is to try and find one.
    ^

If you're missing people you might be best off pugging in a pally of any spec, or an MM hunter, blood DK (if one of your tanks wants to DPS) or an enhance shammy to get that buff. The difference is huuuge across all melee, tanks included, as Shadowboy pointed out. You're losing several thousand, tanks should be missing a couple of thousand, and anyone else that uses AP is missing damage as well, in leaps and bounds.

Also @ "ghetto kings" via drum -- feral applies Mark, same buff, no cost in raid buffs, just a bigger buff.

Further @ OP: shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com will allow you to configure your buffs, switch specs, re-forge, re-gem and give you a DPS estimate for other specs. It should confirm that assassination takes as huge a hit from 20% AP loss as combat. If you need the 8% spell damage taken, that's another story, by fight.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the answers.

a lil' off-top about pugging - my realm (vek'nilash-eu) is pretty lack of viable "free shooters" to pug them up and make a progress. Also trying to x-realm recrutation spamming with 1 lvl alts but it's long and a painfull process (lol quotes).

Deleted
    Try OpenRaid.eu,

You will find some capable players there.

no 20% ap buff .. ouch! .. I refuse to raid without it , half the raid (tanks+melee ) is losing 20% dps , even someones alt bringing that buff while doing suboptimal dps him/herself would be better than not having the buff .

Quote Originally Posted by pumkin View Post
    no 20% ap buff .. ouch! .. I refuse to raid without it , half the raid (tanks+melee ) is losing 20% dps , even someones alt bringing that buff while doing suboptimal dps him/herself would be better than not having the buff .
    At end of the day you need to try get that buff in the raid.
    im not a rogue, Im a mage so i can bring the spell power buff if needed, but I think locks also bring it, but when im not there the raid really suffers without hero on progression bosses, so I know how much a single buff can matter.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

openraid.eu works for old content, so unless OP is trying to 'progress' in hc FL...

From the WoL of logs, your latest report shows 3 people that brings/can bring the buff, if you're loosing that many people... ouch. One of the replacment has to bring this buff if you aim for any further progress, your spec choice won't really change anything.

Realistically, your only option is to recruit one of the classes that can provide this buff. With Pallies obviously being hybrid this really shouldn't be too hard, but as someone above me has said, even if it means bringing an alt to the raid with this buff until you find someone to provide it is better than not having it quite frankly. It's a MASSIVE loss for melee as stated a million times over.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon