Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Hagara 2 or 3 healers after nerf?

Heres are our current logs for our last fight. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cah0b5gqlhj7zgwx/

Our problem is right now we cant even get past the lightening phase or the frost phase. We are also having issues with FS. For FS we are taunt dancing trying to get the holy paladin to taunt quicker to mitigate most of the damage. Should we have a 3rd healer as our guild leader wants to argue with me about this. If I could get an expert to give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    It was 3 healers even at 0%, it should be 3 healed now as well. If you can't kill it with 3 healers than its your DPS slacking, making frost phase faster is a huge part of beating enrage. You clear that phase in 2 laps and you should be fine. Definitely a 3 heal fight.

I'd definitely 3 heal it. No real DPS race to worry about and the fight can get messy at points with 2 healers. As long as you guys don't die, the boss will.

The fight's enrage timer was a joke even with 0% debuff. You should definitely do 3-healers to make the lightning phase much easier. Also make sure your healers are dumping their mana during lightning phases as they'll have plenty of regen time during the burn phase and the following frost phase.

As for dying during frost phase, this is entirely as mechanic thing. People have to react quickly to getting the debuff and move into the bubble and quickly get dispelled. People should say something if they have to fall back as well so a healer can fall back with them for future cleanses.

For focused assault, your pally healer needs to be on the ball with it. It's also worth noting that you'll only be able to taunt kite two of the three focused assaults as she goes taunt immune after being taunted off the tank for the third one. If you don't think your pally healer will always maintain los during ice tombs just have your tank cooldown the 2nd focused assault. If your pally is fine with paying attention to the positioning of the tombs, just have your tank cooldown the first one right out of the burn phase as healers will be in a decent position to keep your tank alive.

Make sure your hpally has the boss focused or always targeted if he uses mouseovers/clique and has a macro to taunt Hagara with HoR and not Righteous Defense. RD has a chance to fail if you try to taunt off the tank while Hagara is targeting someone else.

Deleted
    You should have 3 healers alot easier then

Was easier with 3 even pre-nerf, as long as your dps aren't balls

Thanks for all the replys, If anyone else agrees please continue to reply. My guild leader wants to keep arguing about this. SO im just gonna show him this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    we always did it with 2, the only deaths were oneshots from shattered ice or fails in ice phase. no idea what the 3rd healer helps for oO
    Lightning Phase for one, its an incredible amount of damage to heal if you don't have a Tranq or Divine Hymn, even with those it can still be pretty hard. The other thing is P1, not every guild has perfect execution on ice lance soaking and sometimes the damage output gets really high right as the tank is getting Focused Assaulted. It definitely is 2 healable but 3 gives you a lot more of a safety net so you don't have to execute quite as perfectly. Not to mention Ice Tombs catching 1-2 healers at a time is an RNG clusterfuck that really sucks.

What it comes down to really is that while the fight is 2 healable, 3 healing it gives you a lot more of a cushion in terms of execution fuck ups and makes lightning way easier to handle. Since the enrage timer is a joke compared to most other heroics it makes sense to just go with 3 healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my alt raid, we 3-heal it, and I'm a shadow priest who also helps with healing during the lightning phases as there isn't anything to dps anyway, and people are taking a lot of damage from running in teams of two trying to connect the lightning to the pillars at quickly as possible.

We three heal with all the healers and ranged stacking in the middle during the ice phase. Two healing this strat would be too hard I think because the damage during this phase is pretty insane. I feel ice pillars die quicker using this strat as well because ranged aren't messing around avoiding shit and can just tunnel down the pillars.

Well I think we should 3 heal it, since all of the posts say three heal. Thanks alot for everything.

There is no reason not to 3 heal this fight during progression. Sure it can be 2 healed, but there is nothing to gain by doing that. 3 healing helps with overcoming mistakes while learning a fight during progression, makes lightning phase a lot less stressful, and can help avoid a crappy RNG wipe if multiple healers get ice blocked.

Generally you kill the fight toward the end of doing 3 phases. Having an extra DPS will not push the fight a phase early because that'd require them to do an INSANE amount of damage. It's not like people are barely missing doing the fight in 2 phases at this point in time. Generally the reason you have more DPS is to shorten a fight. If it can't be shortened, having an extra healer help with the damage to make sure you get through all 3 phases is what makes sense.

Deleted
    Since we always do it in about 3 phases we've gone with 3 healers

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    we always did it with 2, the only deaths were oneshots from shattered ice or fails in ice phase. no idea what the 3rd healer helps for oO
    My group always did it with 2 healers too

people just talking about how dps is fail if they can't beat the enrage with 3 healers, as I see it, your healers are fail if they can't 2 heal it, my group also had Pally/Druid healing, just make sure only 2 people run the lightning each side and everyone else is on the middle not getting hit by it, should be the only hard phase for healers, just tranq one, raid wall the other and it should be easy, and make sure your hunter is poping Nature resistance for Lightning phases

Deleted
    3 is safer, 2 is easily doable. Choose yourself.

Deleted
    We always do it with 2 healers. It's not hard. Resto shaman (me) and Holy Pala.

It's no dps race and even with 2 healers you will have three transitional phases, so I'd use three healers.

With 3 healers we got into the third phase with Hagara at 6% HP, with 2 healers it is 2 transitions ezpz

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you do the lances and lightning phase properly 3 healers is overkill.