Thread: Status on Rift?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Status on Rift?

I quit Rift shortly after my guild killed 11/11 HK and I haven't touched it since.

Looking at getting back into the game, just a few questions about Rift for those of you who still raid/PvP.

Is the game still alive? I know when I quit a TON of people were leaving as Akylios was killing guilds and people lost interest in the game.

What's the current status on rogues? Are they still good DPS?

I believe so on the rogue situation.

From what I saw, playing on Faeblight, it's fairly populated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeth View Post
    I quit Rift shortly after my guild killed 11/11 HK and I haven't touched it since.

Looking at getting back into the game, just a few questions about Rift for those of you who still raid/PvP.

Is the game still alive? I know when I quit a TON of people were leaving as Akylios was killing guilds and people lost interest in the game.

You didn't state NA or EU, I don't know much about EU servers but all the servers are healthy atm and Akylios went through several nerfs including waves no longer knocking people off the platforms in preparation for the next patch that just dropped recently including a new 20 man if you want to continue raiding. All classes are viable DPS including rogues.

Oh sorry, I'm from NA and thanks for the replies, new raid looks decent, might want to start raiding again then!

Then the hardcore guilds question why I say the difficulty in ID is pretty good compared to HK. From what I can tell from playing the game is rather stable when it comes to population and is actually growing. I did notice a drop when the GW2 Beta was out, but there were still a few high pop servers and mostly medium servers.

They are probably going to announce news about 1.9 very soon and Elrar said we would not believe what they have prepared, so I am a bit excited.

When's the first expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by cowmen View Post
    When's the first expansion?
    not anytime soon i know 1.9 planned for june or july and the new 20 man will stay for quiet long

Deleted
    I really like that game, but at least on my server the activity was getting so low - no fun anymore, and couldn't bring myself to start all over on a new one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netsky08 View Post
    I really like that game, but at least on my server the activity was getting so low - no fun anymore, and couldn't bring myself to start all over on a new one.
    You can transfer your characters to other servers for free...

Just started it up and raiding again, haven't touched ID yet so I will see how it turns out... at least on my server, everything seems pretty dead, just a few pugs. Speaking about Wolfsbane, Defiant side.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just started it up and raiding again, haven't touched ID yet so I will see how it turns out... at least on my server, everything seems pretty dead, just a few pugs. Speaking about Wolfsbane, Defiant side.

I just checked the shards and Wolfsbane is the only shard that is High in Population at the moment. I play in Seastone and there seems to be plenty of people from 1-20.

Seastone is Medium in Pop.
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Deleted
    Actually I'm curious about this as well, do Tirion release some subscription numbers or something? I do hope they're doing well for they actually work to keep their players through actual content, less through commercial gimwicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually I'm curious about this as well, do Tirion release some subscription numbers or something? I do hope they're doing well for they actually work to keep their players through actual content, less through commercial gimwicks.
    Rift subs could be anywhere from 50 accounts to 360 million, there's just no way for us little people to know. Some of the big investors might have a clue, but Trion doesn't release sub numbers publicly.

The only thing we think we know is that sub numbers are continuing to rise. US servers are generally middle to high pop during the afternoon/evening, and Trion's opening Rift up to...I think... 2 more regions soon.

Deleted
    I have recently returned to RIFT after 6 months AFK. I started a new Mage on a EU pve server. I really loving it. The game have improved a lot, and there is a load of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wik View Post
    I started a new Mage on a EU pve server
    If you rolled Guardian on Icewatch (EU PvE) look me up, or just do Shift + G to use Guild Finder, the Guild will be the first one you see as it's based on most active members and level, name is < Consortium >

On the other hand if you rolled Defiant, begone heretic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got into rift :P a good game.....pvp sems a little unfair to me though :S just got to max level bought some epics off the ah went in to the libary bg and i didn't stand a chance lol :S the second i ported down people hit me for like 40% of my hp >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just got into rift :P a good game.....pvp sems a little unfair to me though :S just got to max level bought some epics off the ah went in to the libary bg and i didn't stand a chance lol :S the second i ported down people hit me for like 40% of my hp >.<
    once you get the first set of PvP gear you'll do a lot better. in general PvE gear doesn't stand a chance in a warfront. check out the PvP vendors and check out the different tiers.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Thanks for the info, I am also looking to get back into Rift, Infernal Dawn looks incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Emberhelm View Post
    Thanks for the info, I am also looking to get back into Rift, Infernal Dawn looks incredible!
    You should see the tier before. While the boss fights have been reduced in difficulty, it is still one of the best looking raid zones I have seen in ten years of MMOing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    You should see the tier before. While the boss fights have been reduced in difficulty, it is still one of the best looking raid zones I have seen in ten years of MMOing.
    Hammerknell Fortress is my favourite raiding instance. Visually it is astonishing and the bosses are well designed and great fun. Despite the difficulty nerfs I still love it.

Though the Dread Fortune in Infernal Dawn is breath-taking.