Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    If you really think that grinding quests to kill ten X over and over for hours on end is "storytelling, immersion, showing of the world and setting a mood" then you're the one with the "dumbest post I've seen in ages."
    Yes because every single quest and zone is about grinding boars and rats.... Jeesh...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

re-rolled a dwarf rogue after having an awful time in swtor... leveling in this game is great with the exception of outlands, re-doing northrend for the 5th time is some of the most fun I've had playing in a long time... WITHOUT leveling this game would suck...*

Totally agree, after the your first or second 85 you should have the choice. Levelling is boring, and if you can't learn the basics of a class in the 10 hours from 80-85 as well as researching, nothing is going to change from 1-80.

Deleted
    40-80 is still super boring. I want a level up machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more curious about the asterisks. Asterisks means there are footnotes, but there aren't any.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Sorry telling can work the same way endgame has had it working. I didn't need extra levels to tell a story once I was at max cap during each WoW phase that added to tiers. Vanilla had multiple endgame raids. All was level 60. No leveling there, yet very different storylines. Same for TBC & WOTLK. sorry but STORY!=LEVELS

Also TBC & WOTLK would would the same way DLC works. You buy it, you gain access to it. Want to go to Outlands. Well buy TBC. Want to go to Northrend and play a Death Knight, well buy TBC and WOTLK.*
    Not hard to understand really.

Don't need levels to expand content, nor progress. Players have been progressing in CATA's 85 level cap for close to a year now.
    You are confused, if you truly believe levels are needed for expanding content in each expansion pack.
    Levels is a key element in rpgs, I realise that a lot of new games are trying to get away from that, to try something new but honestly... Not to mentiom your whole "BUy it, it's a DLC" makes it sound like a bioware singleplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Thats because not everyone in the world has the same opinion. Oh my gosh who wouldve guessed that?

On Topic:
    I dont think that less "RP" in the game is actually good for the game. Its a roleplaying game that we play after all.
    LESS LEVELS!= LESS RP.

that's the confusion. The content is still there, no matter what the level may be. Having everything max level content, keeps 100% of the game useful, rather than useless after a fast 1-cap*

The levels don't tell the story. The content should. A high level returning to a low level zone, would be immersion breaking, wouldn't you think?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    I agree with the OP entirely.

Not sure why Gw2 even incorporates levels.. it's an outdated and non-immersive distraction from the actual story. People want a higher number over getting to see what happens next.

Maybe just superiorly enhance the xp gains from them, but not do-away with. It's already insanely fast to lvl with dungeons and full boa. But for new characters the only thing annoying would be that the number lvl 90 seems so far away.

Yes it should at the very least be optional. I would probably still level some characters to experience any new/changed zones, but after that I'd enjoy the game much more if I could potentially PvP on 10 classes. I realize I could just level 10 classes, but at the same time I would/will never do that because it would be the equivalent of playing an ok console rpg 10 times in a row, no fun.*

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really wouldnt mind scrapping the 1-85 part in MoP. Maybe make it a rule requires 2 level 85s or something. And i would be perfectly fine with it.*

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    This has to be the worst suggestion ever. Those levels are there for the learning curve of the character. This isn't a private instant 80 server.
    Let's say I have been playing a horde warlock and would like to continue to do so, but I'd like to play on Alliance as a lock also. Does what you say still fit? Even then you can learn a class by reading about it and playing it at max level. I should know this because I happened to have botted my lock, but now I'd consider my self very*knowledgeable*about the class. This is as opposed to me initially leveling a warrior by hand and not knowing anything about how to optimize until I read about it years later, but that was a while ago.
    Last edited by gb4200; 2012-03-08 at 02:05 AM.

The exact reason I have trouble playing a DK is because I didn't spend the first 55 levels getting used to the class mechanics, buttons, rotations, and gimmicks. I deleted and re-rolled my lvl 80 bear who I raided on during Wrath, because they changed bear/boomkin enough that I felt the need to level it from scratch to understand how it played out in the new way.

So, no. I'm one of those players who uses 1-84 as a training tool for my class, before simply hitting EJ and rockin' out in LFR at 85.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    tldr, I'm lazy. Earn like the rest. I've done it with 5 85's and have 3 more in the works.
    hey I am not going to lie. I want to have fun. I pay 15$ a month. I want to jump to the fun, and skip the useless boring crap that won't even matter at all once I reach endgame.*

I am sure many other new players also think about that as well.*

Why you think many of the players that Blizzard was marketing for with the CATA low level zone revamp, we're players that reach only level 20 before quiting?

It's likely because they reach the level range in which they realize they have to grind so much more of the same traditional boring quest grind, just to get to higher levels where they can unlock the FUN FEATURES.

Wasting resources revamping useless low level content, isn't going to make those players want to stay and sub.

Giving new players access to the FUN Earlier would get those players to stay and sub.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

I do agree with the OP on this one. I've always hated leveling in every game I've ever played.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the leveling 'grind', don't level. Be content where you're at and leave the 'filler' for people who enjoy it.

hey I am not going to lie. I want to have fun. I pay 15$ a month.
    I pay the same subscription and also want to have fun, which includes leveling through 'filler' multiple times. It's simply not a feasible or logical idea. Also, your false sense of entitlement is astounding.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2012-03-08 at 02:10 AM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    The exact reason I have trouble playing a DK is because I didn't spend the first 55 levels getting used to the class mechanics, buttons, rotations, and gimmicks. I deleted and re-rolled my lvl 80 bear who I raided on during Wrath, because they changed bear/boomkin enough that I felt the need to level it from scratch to understand how it played out in the new way.

So, no. I'm one of those players who uses 1-84 as a training tool for my class, before simply hitting EJ and rockin' out in LFR at 85.
    well that's you. Nobody stopped you from going out into the world and grinding those quest over and over on your death knight, till you got the mechanics down.

But for many, the Death Knight mechanics were simple to get the hang of. Hey, I even played one of them in beta for WoTLK, in the Lake Wintergrasp zone against massive horde zergs. So some people learn faster than other. Levels won't change that. Since leveling, is just killing useless weak npc that can be overpowered during the grind.*

Useless content.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    hey I am not going to lie. I want to have fun. I pay 15$ a month. I want to jump to the fun, and skip the useless boring crap that won't even matter at all once I reach endgame.*

I am sure many other new players also think about that as well.*

Why you think many of the players that Blizzard was marketing for with the CATA low level zone revamp, we're players that reach only level 20 before quiting?

It's likely because they reach the level range in which they realize they have to grind so much more of the same traditional boring quest grind, just to get to higher levels where they can unlock the FUN FEATURES.

Wasting resources revamping useless low level content, isn't going to make those players want to stay and sub.

Giving new players access to the FUN Earlier would get those players to stay and sub.
    It's an mmorpg - not a tivoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    If you don't like the leveling 'grind', don't level. Be content where you're at and leave the 'filler' for people who enjoy it.
    Yes, that is why it must be optional.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    well that's you. Nobody stopped you from going out into the world and grinding those quest over and over on your death knight, till you got the mechanics down.

But for many, the Death Knight mechanics were simple to get the hang of. Hey, I even played one of them in beta for WoTLK, in the Lake Wintergrasp zone against massive horde zergs. So some people learn faster than other. Levels won't change that. Since leveling, is just killing useless weak npc that can be overpowered during the grind.*

Useless content.
    This applies to any game, honestly. It sounds like you just want to be able to reap the rewards without working.