Games hate Win7 or love Internet. :<

So my issue is a shitty provider. Or rather that's the root of it. What's the real issue is that when I'm without internet, almoust none of my games shoot up. I click on the icon and the PC processes the click. After that nothing. I open Task Manager and it shows the game in processes but no CPU time is dedicated to it and only a tiny bit of RAM is holding it up there. This is almoust with every game I have, except for Witcher 2 and Transport Tycoon. (games "locking" up for example, Diablo 1, Planescape Torment, Warcraft 3, Rise of Nations)

The funny thing is though, whenever the PC gets some sort of internet connection all of the games I mentioned (and the plenty more that won't work) suddenly shoots up at the exact moment such thing happens. Why is it so? Is there some sort of Windows based always online shit going on I'm not aware of? My Windows XP PC does not have this problem but both my Win7 desktop and laptop does.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Could be the DRM of the games, if original, you have but I doubt it.

You may try to reinstall Windows because I don't think not having internet really is the cause, and you may have other problems (like a crappy software).

But maybe other people here would have a better answer but my best guess is either remove a software you have on your Win7 computers and not on your XP machine or just try a fresh reinstall.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are some games in particular that have to have an internet connection to even open the launcher. Some of the games you have mentioned though should not have any issues running without an internet connection.

At first though I would suggest you visit our virus removal guide and follow the steps, I'm tempted to think you have a virus on the PC causing these issues. Otherwise it could be a corrupted windows installation which means new windows install time.

Forgot to mention that some of the older games you have like Diablo and WC3 may need to be run as administrator or run in a windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode. For this right click on the games launcher, select properties, select the compatibility tab, check off run as administrator and run in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3.