Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

1.7mill subs as of the end of February.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...id-subscribers

EA has confirmed that BioWare's first MMO is almost at 2 million users

Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello has told investors that BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) is up to nearly 1.7 million monthly subscribers as of the end of February. A "vast majority" of players have passed beyond the free month of playtime that comes with the game and are in full-on paid subscription mode.

Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz is estimating 2 million monthly subscribers by the end of June 2012.

"We continue to feel comfortable with our Star Wars estimates which are an important part of our street-high FY13 non-GAAP EPS estimate of $1.36. We estimate 2MM paying subs by the end of June 2012 (and then sustained for the remainder of the year). We also note that the company plans to launch Star Wars in the Asia-Pacific region later this month," Creutz said in a statement.

Overall, the success of SWTOR has Cowen and Company rating EA shares to Outperform.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...n-subscribers/
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/star...d-subscribers/
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../343414/page/1

Article source -
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    3-8-12, when they announced the ME3 sales.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-09 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added other sources. As of 3-8-12

You are a month late with your post.

I'll bite!

Means nothing when in 6months time the servers will become ghost towns, oh wait that has already happened.

And to think, all the people randomly guessing 1.5 mil, 1.7 mil, and 2 mil, and yet the "naysayers" would of had you belive it was less than half a million.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    It's the beginning or march, this info was the end of february, how is that a month late?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    I'll bite!

Means nothing when in 6months time the servers will become ghost towns, oh wait that has already happened.
    And how do you know? You can predict stuff?

That's cool, you should teach me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That means the people who left January-February (when the free month ended) was moot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    And how do you know? You can predict stuff?

That's cool, you should teach me.
    Or you could ask the source linked by OP how they predict through end of 2012 numbers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    Seriously op, what's wrong with you? What are you the only person on mmo champ that can't see into the future? We're already talking about the subs at the end of march up in here.

the first 3 repliers are a trip.

Reading is good for the soul.
    If your mouth is open your ears are shut.
    If you don't read how can you succeed? (I made this one up)

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Or you could ask the source linked by OP how they predict through end of 2012 numbers maybe?
    You mean trained analysts who get paid to study the market and trends vs. some random person on a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Reading is good for the soul.
    If your mouth is open your ears are shut.
    If you don't read how can you succeed? (I made this one up)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we drag this on topic? Or should I just go ahead an send this to a mod for closure?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'd like a link in the OP's article regarding when he told these people that? It really is the exact same thing they said on the shareholder call in early Feb.

Is Asia-Pacific the same as 'Oceanic' aka-Aussie? Because if so it is already launched there and this article (which was posted Mar 8) is using old data.

Servers only feel like ghost towns because of the way server populations are handle. Unlike WoW where thousands of people can be on one server, TOR only supports a few hundred per server. Also if you play Republic, like myself, it will definitely be a ghost town lol.

TOR is a fine game though but I pretty much just pvp and play alts. I originally played it with RL friends but all of them left the game for various reasons so I never even bothered with the pve side, I'm a 20khp tank that has done like 2 heroics heh. To be blunt though, I don't see TOR's subs going up farther than 2 million personally, in fact I believe it'll drop around 1 million with the releases of Tera and GW2. The game draws you in with story but I incredibly doubt their ability to build any further upon the story without expansions (which of course would be huge money pits to produce due to voice acting). Although I love the story, i think the style just sets itself up to fail. You get so enthralled into the story of your character and your companions but then you hit 50 and it stops. Still I hope it does better than I think it will and I'll be looking forward to the next big patch.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    old data.
    end of February
    One week old.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    One week old.
    Prove it.

When did they tell the investors this?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Prove it.

When did they tell the investors this?
    I would guess they told them this...

ahem...

At the end of February.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I would guess they told them this...

ahem...

At the end of February.
    When? When was the investor call? It is the same numbers and same terminology they used in their Q3 call. I think this guy has his dates wrong.

Again, Is asia-pacific the oceanic release that they already did? If so it is a clear indicator that this article is using old data.

I remember when people said on launch this game would have 5 million subscribers and I told everyone it would only be 1-2 million tops

sadly quitting mmo's for good, been searching for a game like Vanilla WoW only to be dissapoint

time to play ME3/Diablo 3/Halo 4 until I see a true mmo worthy of my return lol and I highly doubt that mmo will ever be around in my lifetime

ppl say they're burnt out on a certain mmo, no you arn't your burnt out on mmos period :P won't matter if you goto the next mmo it will last a month than you'll quit