Oh my, the sword is made to kill Gods, what a convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And the cluster fuck of this story just keeps going. Short chapter and makes zero sense. If hes beeing carrying around her sword and using it that breaks all logic of how Zanpaktou's work. How would he have the Bankai of a sword that isn't his.

The only way I can see this working is Nanao is his daughter (Kinda creepy the way he acts with her) and her mother was killed and made him promise to not allow her to use the sword. Like somehow the swords are passed down from mother to child.

IT MAKES NO FUCKEN SENSE..... Can ichigo go super sayan and win already. Here is some food for thought does Ichigo still have hollow powers?
    Can't recall the exact chapter but it's been explained that other shinigami's can take another zanpakuto for themselves. It's how Kenpachi got his in a flashback.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

So Shunsuis swords are his(thank god) but the younger spirit has been created by his brothers wife(nanaos mom?)

And yeah, you can take the zanpakuto of the dead and make it your own. Wasnt it during the urahara battle? That or after the gremmy fight where Yachiru was missing flashback.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Oh my, the sword is made to kill Gods, what a convenience.
    I know.........

I could see a good explanation as to why it is a "god killer" sword, but "it was designed to kill gods" is just BS......

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... designed to kill gods..... who woulda thunk it

btw

Is she his niece then? He really is a creepy uncle.

Well, it was designed for rituals, and so far its cursed (jealous lady zanpakuto?) so its somw kind of holy artifact which just happens to be strong vs heaven..

Brother married to nanaos mom, holy shit... He IS the creepy uncle

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg... So for a THIRD time the plucky young VC has to save her captain... Jesus christ Kubo write something new PLEASE.

btw, this chalks up the third and final senior captain who has been taken out of the fight while contributing almost nothing.

Unohana: Gave her life to power up Zaraki, who proceeded to just about kill Gremmy, then get literally crushed by Pernida.
    Ukitake: gave his life to unleash the Soul King's hand and protect the soul king... For one chapter, before it was stolen by Yhwach, making him stronger.
    and now we have...
    Shunsui: FINALLY after a decade of waiting unleashes his super scary Bankai, which is crazy awesome and fails to really do anything, before he gets gutshot and leaves it up to his VC to kill the boss.

Why bother hyping the Senior Captains up if they're going to be so useless ?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Urg... So for a THIRD time the plucky young VC has to save her captain... Jesus christ Kubo write something new PLEASE.

btw, this chalks up the third and final senior captain who has been taken out of the fight while contributing almost nothing.

Unohana: Gave her life to power up Zaraki, who proceeded to just about kill Gremmy, then get literally crushed by Pernida.
    Ukitake: gave his life to unleash the Soul King's hand and protect the soul king... For one chapter, before it was stolen by Yhwach, making him stronger.
    and now we have...
    Shunsui: FINALLY after a decade of waiting unleashes his super scary Bankai, which is crazy awesome and fails to really do anything, before he gets gutshot and leaves it up to his VC to kill the boss.

Why bother hyping the Senior Captains up if they're going to be so useless ?
    You forgot the wolf captain guy, he went full wolf and last long enough to take out 1 or 2 fodder but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    So could it be that this is the sword that broke the Soul King into several pieces?

Please just end the story now. They made a sword that kills gods and remember guys it can't beat the main bad guy.

This is a new level of stupid and less interesting then I hoped.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    You forgot the wolf captain guy, he went full wolf and last long enough to take out 1 or 2 fodder but that's it.
    The difference there is Komamura A: Was always trash, at least he actually WON something eventually. B:Actually WON the fight, he didn't show off his full power, then get beaten and need to be rescued by his VC.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I wish he would not do the whole, see everyone's bankai thing, leave that for spin offs or one shots or something, just end the damn series. This is worse than filler DBZ episodes.
    I'm thinking this whole arc has become Bleach's version of Dragon Ball GT, or the third season of Rurouni Kenshin. I really don't think Kubo has any idea what he's doing, no real plan for the story, and is just quickly making shit up as he goes along.

That kinda sucked. The backstory part was told nicely, but it feels so out of place. Shunsui already had this kinda womanizer playboy feel and he's been shown to be super strong, really friendly with his peer Utitake, and taken under the wing of Genrysui (old CC)...and now he has some lame backstory about he had some brother he didn't get along with and he took this burden for some lady he wasn't even in love with. It didn't even seem like he interacted with her that much.

Nanao being his niece I'm okay with. But otherwise the story is just dumb.

And yeah, I agree with it conveniently being a god killing sword...lol just wow. And it gets passed on to whoever the head of the household is....okay.

I gotta admit though, that sword looks cool as fuck. Any idea who the person Nanao likes is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    So could it be that this is the sword that broke the Soul King into several pieces?
    If that were the case then it would be less lame to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I gotta admit though, that sword looks cool as fuck. Any idea who the person Nanao likes is?
    Errr dude, it's CLEARLY Shunsui , which is extra strength creepy now you know he's her uncle.

And yeah, all complaints aside the sword looks pretty boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh I guess what is implied is that he fell in love with his brother's wife but would never act on it?
    I don't think so. It just said she helped improve Shunsui's relationship with his brother. Even if he did fall in love with her, clearly Shunsui was like "hmmmm if I bang her I die early. Or I could live 1000 years with my bro Utitake and my teacher, the CC. I think I'll pass."

Errr dude, it's CLEARLY Shunsui , which is extra strength creepy now you know he's her uncle.
    That's exactly why I thought it wasn't Shunsui. I thought maybe it'd be another vice captain like Renji.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That's exactly why I thought it wasn't Shunsui. I thought maybe it'd be another vice captain like Renji.
    Nah, this is Japan, they LOVE a bit of implied incest (I'm looking at you SAO, Elfen Lied... Basically every other anime...). It's totally Shunsui.

10+ Year Old Account
    No bleach chapter this week?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

And yeah, all complaints aside the sword looks pretty boss.
    Mangastream translated it into adore. Just shows how one can go from creepy uncle to normal person again (as far as Shunsui is normal)

This weeks chapter is just late apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's weird since one piece is out. There seems to be an issue because WSJ always hits the net so much earlier than actually being published.
    Also as I've said several times, I always go by mangastream translations. They are just superior.
    According to several posts on the Bleach subreddit, the people who provide the scans of the chapters were arrested causing the delay in the chapters being released. I get the feeling we might be moving to Friday releases in the same way we moved from Wednesday to Thursday at some point in the last year.