The story is still going pretty well, but does anyone else feel like Kubo is rushing now?

Aizen's Shikai was a creative type of power, not a pure power kind of thing, so you can't really compare like that. Either way, Aizen's Shikai had two huge drawbacks so it's not like it was just randomly overpowered beyond belief. (He had to release his Shikai in front of people, touch the hilt and illusion stops.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Aizen's Shikai was a creative type of power, not a pure power kind of thing, so you can't really compare like that. Either way, Aizen's Shikai had two huge drawbacks so it's not like it was just randomly overpowered beyond belief. (He had to release his Shikai in front of people, touch the hilt and illusion stops.)

That's bogus. It doesn't matter if it was creative, it was overpowered as hell, to the point where, to the shinigami, it meant that if you had seen it, it meant that you couldn't possibly beat him. It was essentially a game-over. Only Yamamoto could have really beat him despite the shikai. Secondly, what does it matter if you have to see it? If you see it and realize what he's doing, it's pretty much too late already.

And only Gin really knew that, to negate the effects, you had to touch the hilt before complete hypnosis really started, which took him centuries to find out.

Sorry, but it's simply not fair to say Rukia's shikai is too strong, while justifying Aizen's so easily.

Deleted
    Also those "drawbacks" on Aizens Shikai dont really matter at all. You have to see him releasing his shikai? Well damn, we havent had one fight, where the opponent just looked away during a release. They all watch and try to figure out what will happen, only in this case it will be too late. And touching his Zanpakuto cancels the illusion on you, yeah thats totally easy to do when you are under an illusion. We have seen how he completly fooled all captains regarding his position and actions to the point of them attacking Hinamori. Once under the spell of Kyoka Suigetsu, which is really easy to fall under, you are doomed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sorry, but it's simply not fair to say Rukia's shikai is too strong, while justifying Aizen's so easily.
    I have to agree with this.

Rukia's shikai's power doesn't even come close to Aizen's.

If Aizen's Shikai is overpowered then so is Shinji's. And Shinji got owned twice. I don't see what's stopping lady-slut Quincy from firing her explosion arrows everywhere to beat Aizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shinji's is nothing compared to aizens. You can compensate for his however hard against aizen you can't do annything he can show you whatever he feels like.
    He also needs to activate his power again every time, aizen's is eternal after seeing it once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I should note... Pretty sure even Kubo has gone on record as saying he made Aizen's Shikai overpowered, that's why you'll notice he stopped using it once they got into the real "fight".

Also, I was having a... discussion... With another bleach fan, on the possibility of Espada becoming Captains, he says it's not only possible, he thinks it'll happen... I say he's a fucking moron and there's 1000000 reasons why it's impossible. Thoughts/oppions?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Espada will rule over Hueco Mundo, there's no place for them in 13 Divisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I doubt they will become captains in gotei 13... they will probably have an alliance with them, if Nelliel becomes queen or something ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know you agree. This dude honestly believes that the 8th division is going to be captained by a former Espada... And despite me telling him many times and explaining in a variety of different ways all the things that are wrong with that theory he still keeps coming back with insane "arguements" as to how it could happen.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a way for it to happen. Ichigo; part human, part hollow, part quincy, part shinigami becomes the new soul king, bringing balance and removing the need for conflict between the varying tribes. Lazy writing, but hey, this IS Kubo.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I don't think Ichigo is part human :P He's part Shinigami, Part Hollow, Part Quincy and trained as a Fullbringer, but he has no human in him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Actually I don't think Ichigo is part human :P He's part Shinigami, Part Hollow, Part Quincy and trained as a Fullbringer, but he has no human in him.
    Unless I'm mistaken, aren't all quincys technically human in part?
    BfA Beta Time

He's part human kind-of because Isshin was in a gigai when he made Ichigo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, aren't all quincys technically human in part?
    That is a point on contention... They WERE humans sure, but I think it's clear they've evolved WAY past that now...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    He's part human kind-of because Isshin was in a gigai when he made Ichigo.
    Not sure how that would work. I mean the Gigai was just the... delivery method... After all a test tube baby isn't part petri dish .

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Rukia, she doesn't get to defeat one Sternritter, while Renji took on a Sternritter that defeated 2 captains and 3 vice-captain level opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Poor Rukia, she doesn't get to defeat one Sternritter, while Renji took on a Sternritter that defeated 2 captains and 3 vice-captain level opponents.
    There's still at least 10+ Sternritters left..

This war still has a-ways to go.

Rukia is always made to look like fodder, though .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    There's still at least 10+ Sternritters left..

This war still has a-ways to go.

Rukia is always made to look like fodder, though .
    True, but usually when someone comes back from a power boost, the first person they face is a fodder victim to show off how strong they've become. Rukia got one chapter showing her awesome power, followed by one chapter of the villain shrugging it off and looking at her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, Time for Byakuya to get some revenge. And hopefully he gets to show up off some badass upgrade lol. It is funny how they made Renji so OP but Rukia just isn't that lucky I guess.