Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 healers per side in wsg and maybe 3 in arathi basin

Healers make random bg's unbearable without friends because if the other team has 4 healer's they are immortal. It doesn't matter How good or bad they are. Their healers just spam dispel everyone and top people off like it's nothing. In a random i very rarely get in a bg where we have more then 1 healer and The majority of alliance have 3-4 healers. When the other team has 4 healers nobody on the their team dies. Like i try to cc people but some ret just runs up to them and breaks cc. If a 2 healer limit existed that ret could have done that while i cc the other healer. Killing 3 healers take more cordination then most randoms are capable of. I know you can say well your team needs to learns to play but it's annoying when you get farmed because everyone wants to focus the blood dk with 2 holy pally's healing him but they completey ignore the resto druid that isn't rolling hots on her/him self. I just hate getting farmed because the other team has healer it's dumb and not fun at all. Not trying to say i am the best player but fixing this would make bg's : D.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    we feel the same way. 3-4 healers horde and we get the green nub everytime. Its statistics.

Do I really have to do this? I guess I do. No premade vs two premades. They had 4 healers and a Blood DK:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...etwinpeaks.png

My point is that it is possible to overcome 4 healers.

EDIT: I should also mention I had 500ms for the entire duration of the BG which made it really annoying at some points. And the 1 death was me trolling by running the flag.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-03-09 at 07:35 AM.

I think Blizz should implement the same system as for dungeons, where as you queue as a dps or healer or maybe even flagcarrier for BG's.
    That would make things more even and balanced. Plus you would actually have a player who intends to FC. That player could then specifically gear and spec up for it. Win = Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Do I really have to do this? I guess I do. No premade vs two premades. They had 4 healers and a Blood DK:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...etwinpeaks.png

My point is that it is possible to overcome 4 healers.

EDIT: I should also mention I had 500ms for the entire duration of the BG which made it really annoying at some points. And the 1 death was me trolling by running the flag.
    Did you just imply that people with 2-3 mil healing done are healers? Lol.

snip
    While that is impressive, I do notice that you still lost. I think that this limitation (healer limit) is fair, but how would it be implemented? What would stop someone from "queueing as dps", and then changing spec during the preperation? I don't see how it would be possible, but I'd be for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I think Blizz should implement the same system as for dungeons, where as you queue as a dps or healer or maybe even flagcarrier for BG's.
    That would make things more even and balanced. Plus you would actually have a player who intends to FC. That player could then specifically gear and spec up for it. Win = Win.
    While this isn't a bad idea, it could lead to long queue times. I guess Blizzard has to balance those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Healers make random bg's unbearable without friends because if the other team has 4 healer's they are immortal. It doesn't matter How good or bad they are. Their healers just spam dispel everyone and top people off like it's nothing. In a random i very rarely get in a bg where we have more then 1 healer and The majority of alliance have 3-4 healers. When the other team has 4 healers nobody on the their team dies. Like i try to cc people but some ret just runs up to them and breaks cc. If a 2 healer limit existed that ret could have done that while i cc the other healer. Killing 3 healers take more cordination then most randoms are capable of. I know you can say well your team needs to learns to play but it's annoying when you get farmed because everyone wants to focus the blood dk with 2 holy pally's healing him but they completey ignore the resto druid that isn't rolling hots on her/him self. I just hate getting farmed because the other team has healer it's dumb and not fun at all. Not trying to say i am the best player but fixing this would make bg's : D.
    Healers are no guarantee to win the game. See, I am a healer. If those random dudes in a BG take a moment out of their precious dps time to protect my behind, everything is fine and I can do my job. But all too often, they don't. So I die and spend some time at the graveyard. Sometimes those guys are so ignorant as to my presence that they just don't help me at all and watch me get stomped by 2 enemy melees - and then they die as well and ask where the heal was >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Healers are no guarantee to win the game. See, I am a healer. If those random dudes in a BG take a moment out of their precious dps time to protect my behind, everything is fine and I can do my job. But all too often, they don't. So I die and spend some time at the graveyard. Sometimes those guys are so ignorant as to my presence that they just don't help me at all and watch me get stomped by 2 enemy melees - and then they die as well and ask where the heal was >_<
    Healers are by no means an insta-win, but I find them to be stupidly more effective than a dps, regardless if they're coordinated or not. That's what I have an issue with. They shouldn't have THAT much impact in a match. When you compound this with many healers, it's craziness. This is an opinion, mind you, I'm not passing this off as fact; it's merely my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While that is impressive, I do notice that you still lost. I think that this limitation (healer limit) is fair, but how would it be implemented? What would stop someone from "queueing as dps", and then changing spec during the preperation? I don't see how it would be possible, but I'd be for it.
    We didn't lose...? We won. FOR THE LIGHT!

My point was that it doesn't matter how many healers you have. It depends on how good the players in general are. If you're healing bad DPS, that's not going to do you any good. If anything, good DPS affect battlegrounds more than good healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    While I think healers are fine(besides Rdruids, who die when I or somebody else looks at them). Its a bit ridiculous when 50% of the enemy/your team are healers.
    For some reason, when our team gets that many healers the enemy knows how to deal with them, but when the enemy gets them my team fails horrible.

I remember a BfG in which we had 2 healers, they had 5(I was playing a hunter).
    At first, it looked like we where going to win(we ended up losing 300 points to 2000). We managed to cap WW. But somehow the people at mine managed to let them cap mine(3 of them where still alive and near the flag...). So I went to LH to cap(I figured most of their healers where at mine). I then spend the rest of the battle in a 1vs3 against 2 healers and 1 blood DK on the middle of road between LH and WW. During this, even tho we had defence at WW, we did manage to lose it(yay for not interupting the flag-takers).

14 people died on their side, 6 on ours. It was the most boring match I have ever played. I did the most damage, without killing 1 single ally.

TL;DR, limit healers to 30-40% of the BG team. It happens so rarely a team has more healers than that, that I doubt it would affect queue times by more than 5-20 seconds.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2012-03-09 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't lose...? We won. FOR THE LIGHT!

My point was that it doesn't matter how many healers you have. It depends on how good the players in general are. If you're healing bad DPS, that's not going to do you any good. If anything, good DPS affect battlegrounds more than good healers.
    It's pretty much equal. A competent team with healers will beat a competent team without healers, but in random BGs pretty much anything goes.

The only change regarding healing in BGs I'd get behind is changing the flagcarrier debuff to reduce healing received rather than damage taken.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Healers are by no means an insta-win, but I find them to be stupidly more effective than a dps, regardless if they're coordinated or not. That's what I have an issue with. They shouldn't have THAT much impact in a match. When you compound this with many healers, it's craziness. This is an opinion, mind you, I'm not passing this off as fact; it's merely my observation.
    My hunter acteally has a higher winrate than both of my healers(Hpala & disc). So I doubt healers have that big of a impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    My hunter acteally has a higher winrate than both of my healers(Hpala & disc). So I doubt healers have that big of a impact.
    That's because, as a healer, you're dependent on your team not being bad and ignorant as to the presence of an actual healer (I suppose they don't get to see many, regardless of the faction you're playing - because it's always the OTHER team that has the healers and never your own, you know ). So, since people generally don't protect their healers, you can't make much of an impact, you can't help your team, your team is effectively down one person.

Seriously, as a healer, you should always bring a friend and prioritize healing them above all others. Because your friend will try to keep you safe. Your average random guy in a BG won't - though there are notable exceptions <3

No. I play healer mains for pvp, but I can't actually join random BGs as healer. There is no way. I just die.
    No one is in the slightest way interested in protecting you. No one appreciates you - only whine about how you don't contribute and mock having more killing blows than you and they shouldn't listen to you in /BG.

I have a bigger impact on the outcome joining as DPS in a specc I cannot play, in sucky gear, than I do just falling over because Shaman has sucked in non-arena pvp since TBC.

Respect to those who actually suck it through (except to immortal Priests/Paladins)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-03-09 at 08:55 AM.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    That's because, as a healer, you're dependent on your team not being bad and ignorant as to the presence of an actual healer (I suppose they don't get to see many, regardless of the faction you're playing - because it's always the OTHER team that has the healers and never your own, you know ). So, since people generally don't protect their healers, you can't make much of an impact, you can't help your team, your team is effectively down one person.

Seriously, as a healer, you should always bring a friend and prioritize healing them above all others. Because your friend will try to keep you safe. Your average random guy in a BG won't - though there are notable exceptions <3
    Over half my total HK's at 85 are from my healers(20k on my healers, 16k-17k on my dps)

Sadly, I know what its like to play a healer with stupid dps. The only time I wasen't affected by stupid dps was near the end of wrath on my Hpala with 70%+/- resi.
    On the other hand, it has taught me to help my fellow healers when playing my rogue/hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    While this isn't a bad idea, it could lead to long queue times. I guess Blizzard has to balance those things.
    I'd rather wait two minutes longer then start a random BG with no healers facing a team with 3 healers.

Deleted
    Play ret pala, get full pve gear, focus healers, NP

10+ Year Old Account
    If I queue alone I never bring healers into random BGs becuase I know for certain that noone wil EVER peel even the slightest. When some guildie or friend has a recently dinged alt that they're trying to get decked in full Honor gear I'll gladly join on any of my healers because I know I'll get at least some peels and I can actually do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Healing has a huge impact on bgs (outside of possibly IoC and AV), especially in wsg and twin peaks.

As a healer in bgs, I am relatively unkillable.
    Last edited by cepa; 2012-03-09 at 09:55 AM.