I loved the last 5 minutes from the Mushi interview on.

Can't hear Mushi - check.
    Some random person shouting - check.
    Hearing Sheever talking during the interview - check.
    Cutting the panelists before they can finish the day - check.

I guess after Yames is gone, that is their only way to make us laugh... .

I can't wait for everyone to find out James deserved to be fired. Everything I'm reading about the situation points to the fact that he was on strike number like 7 by the time he finally got the boot. I eagerly await his post about it.

damn now this major plain suck, James was the only thing about the panel hes amazing.

Now we've sheevar LMAO, shes aight but not to host a fucking major.. mb regular tournaments at best, her "jokes" are cringe worthy same with her dota knowledge
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I don't really understand what people have against Sheever really, i don't mind anyone really on panels/casting except xyclops. And that only because i have a hard time understanding him. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I don't really understand what people have against Sheever really, i don't mind anyone really on panels/casting except xyclops. And that only because i have a hard time understanding him. : /
    shes just not good enough to be the host of a MAJOR event?

she used to be terrible now shes aight but not for a fkn major lmao
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I just find it pathetic that they are forcing people to ''act professional'' while having such shit production and delays, like Yames was the only thing fun in between games.
    And Sheever has improved a lot but i do agree that she isn't at Yames/redeye level of host.

Gabe has spoken it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...hanghai_major/

TLR James is an ass and the production company is also fired pretty much.

If james wasnt there the whole pre game production would be pointless without him... I was so glad he was back.
    Lets wait for statement. God bless ODpixel is gone, and idk what people have against xyclops. Regardless of his accent that I find fine, he was decent caster.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2016-02-27 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    If james wasnt there the whole pre game production would be pointless without him... I was so glad he was back.
    Lets wait for statement. God bless ODpixel is gone, and idk what people have against xyclops. Regardless of his accent that I find fine, he was decent caster.
    Statement is in my post above yours.

With Xyclops the only thing i have against him is the accent, but don't think he's bad really.

Well I'd wait for James story to tell. Gabe can fuck off all I care, becouse all in all he spoke (barely spoke, a fucking phrase!) only to cut down the hype train. Lets see how the rest of the panel is gonna bore to death the audiance now.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2016-02-27 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Well I'd wait for James story to tell. Gabe can fuck off all I care, becouse all in all he spoke only to cut down the hype train. Lets see how the rest of the panel is gonna bore to death the audiance now.
    "Some Valve people lobbied to bring him back for Shanghai, feeling that he deserved another chance."

Clearly not his first offense it seems.

Well, according to him pre major he was supposed to be himself.

Regardless, there should be official explanation unless it goes too much personal details instead Gaben shit PR "becouse he is an ass".

Thought i would be disappointed with some random long boring statement, but instead we got:
    ''James is an ass'' - Lord Gaben 2016
    God dayum this drama is better than watching actual games.
    Last edited by M1r4g3; 2016-02-27 at 12:53 AM.

im watching beesa stream matchmaking

this guys so fucking good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I like Sheever. Not every person on the panel needs to be an expert as long as you have SOME experts on the panel. I think with Merlini and WinteR on the panel, along with Synderen on the casts, you have plenty of "expert advice" and can fill the rest of the slots with entertainment. And yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Xyclopz. I love his enthusiasm and it's fucking infectious, but I can have a hard time understanding him. And sometimes loud shouting just ain't what I'm interested in.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    im watching beesa stream matchmaking

this guys so fucking good
    Beesa, playing the carry?

Deleted
    Holy shit

This drama

Alliance is back, MVP Phoenix beating everyone too

James and Gabe going to end up in a wrestling match, what a time to be alive

10+ Year Old Account
    Two SEA teams in the upper bracket!

Sheever is good, she used to be terrible and I wished she would give up, but she has put in the hard work and her game knowledge has improved a lot. She also really does her homework before an event and studies the teams so she always has something to say. She's not the most exciting person, but that's hard to avoid when she isn't English. Her accent isn't too bad, but it does drag her down a little in my opinion.

2GD was a terrible host in my opinion, easily the worst of the three and I am glad Sheever is replacing him. Redeye would be the best choice but he isn't here and isn't going to jump on an extremely expensive 18 hour plane ride to get there for the event. As someone who isn't a twitch chat memer, I can safely say that James is not really funny at all, and his inability to take anything seriously got pretty annoying at times. I honestly have no idea what anyone has said at any point on the panel, despite always having the stream up, because I was tuning it out most of the time while he was talking. I understand why people like him, but his "style" is inappropriate for a professional event that is intending to call itself a sport. If video games are ever going to be taken seriously, we can't have people tuning in to our major million dollar events and seeing this level of bullshit from the lead.

The only thing I find unfortunate is that he was (according to him) told to "be himself" at this event, despite the fact that him being himself is what made Valve not like him in the past. Seems like he was set up for failure here, if they didn't want him to be himself they should have told him specifically going in to tone it down. That being said, I am quite certain they would have given him a warning before causing this level of drama and bad press, which means he did everything he could to completely ignore that warning and being sacked is an obvious consequence.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-02-27 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Sheever is good, she used to be terrible and I wished she would give up, but she has put in the hard work and her game knowledge has improved a lot. She also really does her homework before an event and studies the teams so she always has something to say. She's not the most exciting person, but that's hard to avoid when she isn't English. Her accent isn't too bad, but it does drag her down a little in my opinion.

2GD was a terrible host in my opinion, easily the worst of the three and I am glad Sheever is replacing him. Redeye would be the best choice but he isn't here and isn't going to jump on an extremely expensive 18 hour plane ride to get there for the event. As someone who isn't a twitch chat memer, I can safely say that James is not really funny at all, and his inability to take anything seriously got pretty annoying at times. I honestly have no idea what anyone has said at any point on the panel, despite always having the stream up, because I was tuning it out most of the time while he was talking. I understand why people like him, but his "style" is inappropriate for a professional event that is intending to call itself a sport. If video games are ever going to be taken seriously, we can't have people tuning in to our major million dollar events and seeing this level of bullshit from the lead.

The only thing I find unfortunate is that he was (according to him) told to "be himself" at this event, despite the fact that him being himself is what made Valve not like him in the past. Seems like he was set up for failure here, if they didn't want him to be himself they should have told him specifically going in to tone it down. That being said, I am quite certain they would have given him a warning before causing this level of drama and bad press, which means he did everything he could to completely ignore that warning and being sacked is an obvious consequence.
    I'm just happy that Valve actually fucking said something about it instead of staying quiet. And not only that, but it came from Gabe Newell himself, not one of Valve's drones, and it was about as honest as a professional statement can get. Instead of some kind sterile, safe-for-the-kids statement that tells us almost nothing, we get "dude was an ass, we got rid of him. And that production company is shit, we got 86'd them too."

I would be a fuck of a lot less critical of Valve if they did this more often.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow