Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You know China is going to get its own version of Dota2 from Perfect World?
    The game isnt technically available in China yet, thats why theres no servers.
    Except for a while (at least while I tried to play) they had SHANGHAI as a server option.

I know perfect world got the rights to it, but I have a feeling I won't be able to play on their servers using an English client. The only game company I've ever seen who's allowed such a thing is Blizzard.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-12-17 at 02:56 AM.

I just started playing and i find it pretty fun. Its my first MOBA and the curve is quite steep. I decided against playing all pick because i think i would just pick the same hero everygame. Single draft is good for me.

Random or single draft is not good for beginners imo. I suggest you to go read guides about game. I think there was some guide called "welcome to dota, you suck". You can start with that.

here is the link: http://www.playdota.com/guides/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

ps: I have no idea if guide is up-to-date or not.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-17 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Random or single draft is not good for beginners. I suggest you to go read guides about game. I think there was some guide called "welcome to dota, you suck". You can start with that.

here is the link: http://www.playdota.com/guides/welcome-to-dota-you-suck
    What's wrong with forcing them to play mostly different heroes all the time? It's not like he'll be at the rating where team comp plays a huge role anyway.

Heya, i hope this is okay here, but i got 10 invites for this game left- if anyone wants any, possibly for friends, or to setup a team or whatever- or to just try the game, please PM me with the number of invites you'd like and a short explanation of why you want them and ill try to pick a few. (in case i get spammed, if i don't respond = out of luck).
    Last edited by Crispy; 2012-12-17 at 12:22 PM.

yeah i have plenty of those too, you can email me at my junk mail jewjew1[at]ya.ru and i will send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What's wrong with forcing them to play mostly different heroes all the time? It's not like he'll be at the rating where team comp plays a huge role anyway.
    Proper positioning, proper use of abilities and timing are hardest things to learn in DotA. It's harder than memorizing bunch of abilities. In short, I call this character(hero) control. DotA is not pushing/using 4 different abilities/buttons or memorizing them. Changing heroes all the time won't help him/her getting used with basic control. If he finds it fun, that's okay but if he wants to learn game faster, I think sticking with few heroes at the beginning, trying to understand and learn control of a hero is much more important. At some point, he/she will be forced to play all heroes if he/she wants to learn anyway but at the beginning its better for players to play whatever they are comfortable with.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-17 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Proper positioning, proper use of abilities and timing are hardest things to learn in DotA. It's harder than memorizing bunch of abilities. In short, I call this character(hero) control. DotA is not pushing/using 4 different abilities/buttons or memorizing them. Changing heroes all the time won't help him/her getting used with basic control. If he finds it fun, that's okay but if he wants to learn game faster, I think sticking with few heroes at the beginning, trying to understand and learn control of a hero is much more important. At some point, he/she will be forced to play all heroes if he/she wants to learn anyway but at the beginning its better for players to play whatever they are comfortable with.
    You're not gonna learn what "proper positioning" against a Timbersaw or an Earthshaker is until you know what their skills do, which requires you to know what the heroes do, which is most easily done playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Except for a while (at least while I tried to play) they had SHANGHAI as a server option.

I know perfect world got the rights to it, but I have a feeling I won't be able to play on their servers using an English client. The only game company I've ever seen who's allowed such a thing is Blizzard.
    Not really Valve's fault, it's the asian markets fault for being so difficult to access and so monopolized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You're not gonna learn what "proper positioning" against a Timbersaw or an Earthshaker is until you know what their skills do, which requires you to know what the heroes do, which is most easily done playing them.
    I do not agree with you. Reading hero abilities and observing those abilities in action is sufficient for you to take proper position. You are confusing the beginner level with intermediate where you need to know full potential and details about a particular hero which can only be done by playing it.

Deleted
    I do not agree with you. Reading hero abilities and observing those abilities in action is sufficient for you to take proper position. You are confusing the beginner level with intermediate where you need to know full potential and details about a particular hero which can only be done by playing it.
    You're not going to be able to read up on all the things that require positioning just by looking at guides unless you seriously spend ages reading when you could just be playing the game. Some heroes like Night Stalker aren't even that obvious just looking at him on the wiki. No, you don't need to know the damage that Fissure does or the exact range but you do need to know that he will block your shit, VS will swap your shit, Tiny will toss your shit, Kunkka will cleave your shit, Treant, Wisp, Clinkz, BH, Riki, Nyx, etc etc will out of nowhere your shit and this is easily the biggest hurdle for a beginner, either having the patience to read about all the abilities (which will take absolutely forever, not to mention they'll probably forget lots) or the patience to feed to them until they know them.

Shit, "basic" positioning is something you should learn in your first few games. Almost everything else depends on your and their team.

I will just stop discussing this.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-17 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Not really Valve's fault, it's the asian markets fault for being so difficult to access and so monopolized.
    Yes, it's the "market's fault" that the Shanghai servers Valve have are terrible. Thanks for filling me in on that.

well, aint Storm Spirit one of the most cheerful and fun to play heroes...ooh, what a handsome devil

Liquid just picked OD and Visage against FnaticRC. This is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Liquid just picked OD and Visage against FnaticRC. This is going to be interesting.
    Visage OP, not interesting at all game is over.

Well this was one-sided. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Visage OP, not interesting at all game is over.
    WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS MISTER OMG POST FACTS OMG

Insert the image of someone foaming at the mouth and going into seizures.

Anyway, what makes you say that? Aside from the team with Visage being pretty much guaranteed to win any trilane-versus-trilane by default, what makes you think he's OP?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It was a yoke. I simply like Visage, and although he isn't exactly guaranteed to win any lane, people who pick him usually know what they're doing which is one reason why it was easy to call out the winner from the draft even if I wasn't being serious about it.

Hey guys!
    I just jumped the wagon on Dota2 and loving it. So far only bot training, but I'm getting there

Any1 with an invite left as I have a friend that wishes to join and since I got invited, well.... cheers !
    Please PM me if you have just one invite, all that I need