Deleted
    This was the best game i have ever seen
    A dead Ancient at 3:57 is pretty cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    The difference is that Dota 2 doesn't use wins/losses to determine your rating. At least that isn't the only thing to determine your MMR (hi hermanni). If you're playing with awful players one or both of the following are true:

• You haven't played that many games yet, and the matchmaking algorithm hasn't accurately placed you
    • You're awful and are being queued with and against people at your level

Leavers are incredibly scarce at the level I'm playing at. So are flamers, people refusing to speak English (you'll be a lot more likely to encounter people who don't speak at all) and people afking in fountain. Most of your issues are commonly attributed to the two bulletpoints above. I'm not sure how you figured buying the game was a good idea, if you spent a full sixty seconds researching it you'd find most people are drowning in invites (I've 30 something currently).

With that said, I don't want to convert people into playing this game over anything else. Whatever attracts you, dude. All I can really confirm is that I have fun.
    I have 570 games played now and 9 games out of 10 are full of people with no clue how to play the game. When dotabuff still did, it ranked
    me to the top 1%. It probably doesn't mean anything but you'd still think that people have a clue how the game works.

I random pretty much every game. Every time I get a support I feel like I'm just throwing the dice hoping that my russian carry knows that
    you get more money if you actually get the killing blow on a creep. I just want the matchmaking to put me with a group of people around my
    skill level.

I can pretty much pick AM and win every game, which I sometimes do to cut my losing streak. I'm at 210 kills / 29 deaths on AM with 88,24%
    win rate. I can ignore my team, farm and once finished end the fun. It's not because I'm good. It's not because AM is OP. It's because I get
    constantly matched with and against people significantly below my skill level and the less I have to rely on my team the higher my chances
    are to win.

TL;DR
    Dota 2 matchmaking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    the top 1%
    (given that you aren't in the far end of the spectrum)
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    It's because I get constantly matched with and against people significantly below my skill level and the less I have to rely on my team the higher my chances are to win.
    hi lysah

fancy meeting you here of all places

Sorry forgot to change over from my alt MMOC account before posting lol

Seriously, though, I don't blame the system for making smurfing impossible...it's a good thing in the end. I still would appreciate a no-rating queue. If people get tired of unfair games in that queue they can always swap back to ranked.

Matchmaking solo queue is decently fair. Matchmaking with friends is AWFUL. It seems to expect friends to have higher cooperation and therefore penalizes them with worse allies to "balance." If I ever complained I got matched with people far below me solo I apologize, because that's not usually true. After a long week of losing with friends I usually DO get lower skill games solo but I also typically win 95% of them because my team is actually even to the enemy team. The problem is when I queue with friends of any skill level and my team is far below the enemy team.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-04-01 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people random on AP. I remember playing WD, and we've got random: sniper, drow, meepo and slardar repicking into a lich!
    They random some shitty hero, and then complain about everyone NOT adjust around their stupid random hero. I wanted to go zeus mid, pick zeus, NO some fucker clicks random, gets invoker, and yells at me that he is going mid because fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Does someone by any chance has some Kunkka Items he is willing to trade? I have not much, but maybe theres something for you:

The difference is that Dota 2 doesn't use wins/losses to determine your rating. At least that isn't the only thing to determine your MMR (hi hermanni). If you're playing with awful players one or both of the following are true:

• You haven't played that many games yet, and the matchmaking algorithm hasn't accurately placed you
    • You're awful and are being queued with and against people at your level

Leavers are incredibly scarce at the level I'm playing at. So are flamers, people refusing to speak English (you'll be a lot more likely to encounter people who don't speak at all) and people afking in fountain. Most of your issues are commonly attributed to the two bulletpoints above. I'm not sure how you figured buying the game was a good idea, if you spent a full sixty seconds researching it you'd find most people are drowning in invites (I've 30 something currently).

With that said, I don't want to convert people into playing this game over anything else. Whatever attracts you, dude. All I can really confirm is that I have fun.
    Yeah, i havent played many games of Dota 2, i cant handle the Russians well, i literally hate playing with them, thats why i am level 3 or so, and thats because i have 10-15 games with "Friends" or well familiars that played dota now and then, on myself maybe 10 games, total 25-30 games max since June that i bought beta access but that shouldnt mean that every single god damn game has to be silent.

I am just saying..Its stupid how i wanna return to the game because HoN has some imbalanced heroes that people dont know how to play against even at medium rating (1600-1700) like Monkey King and Nomad, and sometimes the CC is too much, while dota is a bit more balanced, not as fun but more balanced but dear god its impossible.

Like today..SD game..No one says anything, they pick random shit, no planning, nothing..we have syla/Lone druid at MIDDLE with a horrible balanar at bottom that tried to gang a level 8 Sniper when he was 7 and DIED while it WAS NIGHT with FULL HP vs a 90% sniper, i had enigma, tried my best..i told them to not go 5v5 for 30 seconds ulti isnt up..Guess what? No one answered, no one listened, 4 dead, mid and bot barracks down instantly.

Dota 2 isnt worth the cancer it causes with so many alternatives..maybe in a year and 30 more games it wont be as bad, will see!

Perhaps valve was not so wise with so many free invites.
    We now have one feth of large playerbase, with lower than average skillcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Perhaps valve was not so wise with so many free invites.
    We now have one feth of large playerbase, with lower than average skillcap.
    Only way for the game to exist. Them making a million USD a second off of newbs buying epic gear for their rubick is exactly how they will keep the servers up and the updates coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I hate when people random on AP. I remember playing WD, and we've got random: sniper, drow, meepo and slardar repicking into a lich!
    They random some shitty hero, and then complain about everyone NOT adjust around their stupid random hero. I wanted to go zeus mid, pick zeus, NO some fucker clicks random, gets invoker, and yells at me that he is going mid because fuck you.
    AP is a shit gamemode that you shouldn't play, anyway. Just lets people "specialize" in one or two (overpowered) heroes game after game after game. I'd say SD is the best gamemode if not for pub dota being pub dota (no communication.)

God I hope those rumors about Syllabear getting nerfed are true. That hero is just way too good at everything... you don't need to be good to play him well (90% of syllas just put bear on same hotkey as sylla himself and attack same target and never micro bear... never HAVE to micro bear), but he performs ridiculously well if you do due to the bear's ability to control creep waves.

Then you have Entangle (Sylla's too reliant on it happening), a steroid that lasts forever, and Sylla with 2k HP at level 16 with no items.

I guess there are still some carries that carry harder than he does, but there must be some reason Sylla is seen in almost every game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

AP and AR only modes worth playing.

Sylla is perfectly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Only way for the game to exist. Them making a million USD a second off of newbs buying epic gear for their rubick is exactly how they will keep the servers up and the updates coming.
    But... but Rubick is The Pimpmaster!

Also it's amazing how long I've been on these forums and I never knew juzalol was you, mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Matchmaking solo queue is decently fair. Matchmaking with friends is AWFUL. It seems to expect friends to have higher cooperation and therefore penalizes them with worse allies to "balance."
    Me and my friends came to the same conclusion. Whenever our 5th man leaves and we decide to play another one 9 out of 10 we get a random thats so far worse than us its ridiculous. Mostly they dont even understand basic concepts like warding or lasthitting.
    Just before I went to this forum, we had exactly this kind of game.
    4+1 random vs a 5 stack. Random Draft. Enemy first pick: Bristleback. Our random team member first pick: Riki. Out of all that awesome heroes heroes in the draft he picked the one who is already useless to the enemies first pick AND there was still slardar, bh, axe, .. in the draft.

We tried a trilane on the top lane but dont think you could actually get him to put a single point in his smoke. He needs his backstab to lasthit he said. and although we managed to get some kills top he still managed to not farm anything. He autohitted through creep waves getting lasthits by luck. At the end we got outcarried pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Me and my friends came to the same conclusion. Whenever our 5th man leaves and we decide to play another one 9 out of 10 we get a random thats so far worse than us its ridiculous. Mostly they dont even understand basic concepts like warding or lasthitting.
    Just before I went to this forum, we had exactly this kind of game.
    4+1 random vs a 5 stack. Random Draft. Enemy first pick: Bristleback. Our random team member first pick: Riki. Out of all that awesome heroes heroes in the draft he picked the one who is already useless to the enemies first pick AND there was still slardar, bh, axe, .. in the draft.

We tried a trilane on the top lane but dont think you could actually get him to put a single point in his smoke. He needs his backstab to lasthit he said. and although we managed to get some kills top he still managed to not farm anything. He autohitted through creep waves getting lasthits by luck. At the end we got outcarried pretty hard.
    I mostly solo que and still run into similar issues. I"m on a seriously bad loosing streak right now, and it all started about 3 days ago. Ended up in a 3 stack with russians (sounded that way by ascent on the mics) and another random. 3 russians did a 3 stack bottom lane with all of our supports- lion, twinhead, witch doctor. They got a couple of early kills no lie. But in the end the game was over in 28 mintues as the other random couldn't handle top v2 and I if I left to help, mid would just farm away. I hate games like that, it instills this notion of "automatic loss" when you realize your playing with X culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Sylla is perfectly balanced.
    How? He's immensely hard to kill as soon as he hits 6/takes his ulti, he has a powerful steroid that lasts forever and which more or less eliminates the drawback to using True Form (-35 ms), and at high levels of play, manipulating creep waves with the bear means he can effectively lane more or less anywhere.

What bothers me most about him, though, is that you can put all your items on the bear and still have ~2000 HP and like 20 armor on Sylla because of the absurd bonuses to True Form. If True Form's ms penalty was an actual issue, maybe it wouldn't be a problem... but due to the effectively permanent 20% ms bonus from Rabid, it's not.

I also thought Lysah was onto something when she was saying Sylla's skill design is kind of poopy; there's like no variety in skill builds. You always take Spirit Bear at level 1, max Synergy after 3 points in bear, and then take Rabid after bear and synergy are maxed. The only variation seems to be when to take ulti (at 6 or at 8), but that's not a huge amount of variation.

Mostly I just feel like, for a hero that should be complex to play, he's ridiculously simple. I remember the first time I randomed him I almost repicked him because watching pro games made me feel like I have to be constantly microing the bear around, split pushing with Radiance (though recent pro games seem to favor a manfighting bear with armlet and maelstrom instead of radiance) and shit. Nope! Just put bear in the same group as Sylla, occasionally tab to it to give it specific commands, and otherwise attack-move just like simple carries like Drow.

I dunno. I think it's how tanky Sylla is with no items that bothers me the most. (also lol at sylla in bear form still being faster than CM.)
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

No escape mechanism, no AoE, no reliable disable, no burst, bear doesn't scale as great as many other heroes. LD is a strong hero but not that overpowered. Not really that fast of a farmer either, compared to other carries that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    No escape mechanism, no AoE, no reliable disable, no burst, bear doesn't scale as great as many other heroes. LD is a strong hero but not that overpowered. Not really that fast of a farmer either, compared to other carries that is.
    Except a lot of carries don't have that; Luna's only "escape mechanism" is 330 move speed, and Sylla with rabid up in bear form moves damned near as fast as she does unless Luna's going racecar build (yasha, drums, etc.) Naix probably has all of the above except reliable AOE (Infest cooldown is too long to call it reliable), but Naix is also probably overpowered right now because of that.

He's not a fast farmer compared to, like, Antifun or cancer lancer, but the current pro trend isn't to afk farm for 30 minutes, anyway. Even the Chinese teams have been favoring the Armlet+Maelstrom build, focusing on using the bear's huge structure damage to quickly knock down towers; it's safer than the Radiance build (since build-up is so quick and easy for both items) and allows Sylla to contribute earlier.

And Entangle isn't exactly reliable, but it's immensely strong just the same, to the point that it's rumored it's going to be nerfed soon. Personally I wouldn't bother with Entangle, other than making it an activated ability, but I hate RNG on critical abilities like that so maybe that's just me. Sylla having 2k HP and 15 armor with 400 move speed with brown boots bothers me more than anything else.

EDIT: In regards to scaling, the usual answer is to move items from the bear to sylla once the bear becomes too squishy to just plow into the enemy team; armlet build extends this a bit because of the regen (bear will have about 10-12 hp/sec regen with armlet, which isn't bad at all) and armor bonus, and a cuirass increases it more.

But considering people seem to be playing Sylla aggressively lately, I don't think his lack of scaling is much of a problem right now, nor will it be. I suppose he'd get trashed by a carry that AFK farmed for 30 minutes, but if you haven't been eating towers left and right in the 4v5's, you were fucking up anyway.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-04-02 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Naix is also probably overpowered right now because of that.
    LOL. I wonder if you had called N'aix OP 4-5 months ago when nobody picked him in tourneys. Or Sylla. Just stop talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. I wonder if you had called N'aix OP 4-5 months ago when nobody picked him in tourneys. Or Sylla. Just stop talking.
    Sylla was in play 4-5 months ago and was still just as strong. He was pretty much straight Radiance every game, though; I don't remember seeing armlet ever, and maelstrom only rarely.

Naix just wasn't used much. Just because something isn't used doesn't mean it can't be problematic, and just because something is used very often (Rubick, for example) doesn't mean it's a problem.

Naix has a free BKB, good burst damage, is a versatile pick, and is fairly item-independent for a carry. Why would you stop using him, now that you're aware of his strengths?

What about Magnus? Do you really think players are ever going to stop using him unless he gets nerfed?

Why do you stick with the "just ignore it and it will go away" line of reasoning?

but then you will have to listen to my nonsensical oneliners kukuku