Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    are you an admin

gl getting pizzashark to play hes a dodger
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-06-25 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    are you an admin
    Yes don't you see my custom title?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    In games with europeans and americans it makes little to no sense to play anywhere but USE. EUW will lag for most americans as bad as USW does to europeans, and the latency from europe to USE isn't bad at all.

...I might get scolded for using pro statistics but there was a post in dotametrics or somewhere that showed that US teams suffered a large drop in winrate when forced to play on EU servers in online tournaments but playing on USE didn't affect EU teams too much.
    Yeah, I'm from EU and when I play on USE I get around 100ms which is not too bad and I don't see much delay.

Never seen banned admins before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Wai no? I'd find it hilarious to see guys like PizzaSHARK play.
    Why's that?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Reported for moderator abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why's that?
    Take a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Take a guess.
    No, how about you just come out and say it so we can confirm for everyone that you're just a snide little asshole? You afraid of that, or something?

And since when has ability to play a game been what determines ability to understand it? The top commentators for SC2 are nowhere near as good as the Code S players they're commenting on, and yet it doesn't affect their ability to understand what those players are doing, or understand the game as a whole.

And this extends into the real world, too; football, soccer, baseball, even games like chess and poker. Much of the time, commentators either never played at the professional level, or are no longer capable of playing at that level, and yet their understanding of the game and the players isn't impaired by that.

Whatever. Just one more little arrogant, cowardly twat to toss into the ignore list, I guess.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-06-26 at 06:44 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    \
    And since when has ability to play a game been what determines ability to understand it? The top commentators for SC2 are nowhere near as good as the Code S players they're commenting on, and yet it doesn't affect their ability to understand what those players are doing, or understand the game as a whole.
    This is wrong. Many sc2 commentators are really good players (masters/high masters). The main difference between sc2 commentators and dota 2 commentators is ability to predict what will happen (due to lack of fog), while in dota 2 you can't really predict what will happen in next 8 minutes of the game. It requires a lot of knowledge of the game, a lot of timings and what player probably can do for example from early gas.

Different game commentators have different complexity of the work. If you talk about sports, look at billiards, commentators talk more about players than about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The infraction is a bit pointless in my view, since his point about Ariadne, as childish as the delivery might've been, is pretty valid.

And this extends into the real world, too; football, soccer, baseball, even games like chess and poker. Much of the time, commentators either never played at the professional level, or are no longer capable of playing at that level, and yet their understanding of the game and the players isn't impaired by that.
    You'd be surprised to know just how wrong you are in that regard, not just in SC2, but in real sports as well. You can't really just go off your own knowledge when saying such things.

What if we had commentators on commentating? Would they need to be professional commentators to commentate on commentating or would simple experience with commentating be enough to make them good commentators on commentating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many moons ago i somehow won 10 straight pub games, right now im sitting at 9 wins in a row and im kinda scared to play again but i really want to go for 11 and a new personal best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What if we had commentators on commentating? Would they need to be professional commentators to commentate on commentating or would simple experience with commentating be enough to make them good commentators on commentating?
    Pizzashark seems to be an expert on that

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    You'd be surprised to know just how wrong you are in that regard, not just in SC2, but in real sports as well. You can't really just go off your own knowledge when saying such things.
    Well, in fact I can say that.

Commentators are not top players to begin with, nor are they experts, normally.
    And I'm not even talking about Dota2 commentators, you can go listen to your everyday normal football match commentator and see for yourself.

A few exceptions are to confirm the rule.

Deleted
    I commentate on commentators all the time and find that my opinion is quite valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    The infraction is a bit pointless in my view, since his point about Ariadne, as childish as the delivery might've been, is pretty valid.
    "It's okay to call people assholes but only if they're actually assholes."
    You what.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Well, in fact I can say that.

Commentators are not top players to begin with, nor are they experts, normally.
    And I'm not even talking about Dota2 commentators, you can go listen to your everyday normal football match commentator and see for yourself.

A few exceptions are to confirm the rule.
    There is a big difference between a caster and a commentator. A caster's job is literally to tell you what happens on his screen. This requires at least an intermediate understanding of the game, plus knowledge about heroes and spell names. Some examples of (play-by-play) casters are Aysee, TobiWan, LD, TriumphOfMan and Godz. They're frequently paired up with a commentator that provides insight regarding players, item- and skill-builds, drafting, tactics, mechanics, etc. These guys are often awkward in their delivery, and also do not require much casting skill. They're just there to explain why stuff happens, and to predict what should happen. Some examples: Luminous, Merlini, syndereN, Draskyl, Maelk, WinteR. Notice anything? These dudes are all pro or ex-pro (with the exception of Lumi). You can't fill their role without having a good understanding of the game and everything around it.

I'm not sure how we went from bashing icefraud to discussing casters, though. It doesn't take a lot of knowledge to cast, but I'd say you'd need some to discuss balance - especially when you take pizzasharks stance and criticize it repeatedly. I'd say actually suggesting stuff would make his posts a little bit interesting to read.

I suggest removing Void, Weaver, and Storm Spirit from the game to start with.

Then we can make it so that if you use a burning spear on someone with living armor they light on fire and die instantly.

Lastly, I would round up this game completing patch of excellence by making it so that all players on the map are immune to Song of the Siren for 30 seconds after Zeus uses TGW, due to not being able to hear anything.

Oh and Chakram should have global range.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to restore balance to the game, you just need to write one simple line

Doom's armor has been increased by 1.

Someone needs to guide Doom to lessons on how to not stare at your enemy for 3 seconds between every swing of your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    There is a big difference between a caster and a commentator. A caster's job is literally to tell you what happens on his screen. This requires at least an intermediate understanding of the game, plus knowledge about heroes and spell names. Some examples of (play-by-play) casters are Aysee, TobiWan, LD, TriumphOfMan and Godz. They're frequently paired up with a commentator that provides insight regarding players, item- and skill-builds, drafting, tactics, mechanics, etc. These guys are often awkward in their delivery, and also do not require much casting skill. They're just there to explain why stuff happens, and to predict what should happen. Some examples: Luminous, Merlini, syndereN, Draskyl, Maelk, WinteR. Notice anything? These dudes are all pro or ex-pro (with the exception of Lumi). You can't fill their role without having a good understanding of the game and everything around it.

I'm not sure how we went from bashing icefraud to discussing casters, though. It doesn't take a lot of knowledge to cast, but I'd say you'd need some to discuss balance - especially when you take pizzasharks stance and criticize it repeatedly. I'd say actually suggesting stuff would make his posts a little bit interesting to read.
    caster provides some insight, but his job is entertainment.
    Commentator's job, on the other hand, is to provide a somewhat deep insight on the game while possibly providing some entertainment.
    That is how it looks to me.

So, we should be clear enough, whom we're discussing at the moment.

I suggest removing Void, Weaver, and Storm Spirit from the game to start with.

Then we can make it so that if you use a burning spear on someone with living armor they light on fire and die instantly.

Lastly, I would round up this game completing patch of excellence by making it so that all players on the map are immune to Song of the Siren for 30 seconds after Zeus uses TGW, due to not being able to hear anything.

Oh and Chakram should have global range.
    care to elaborate or at least put a [humor] or [notserious] tag?)