10+ Year Old Account
    Well I should porbably rephrase what I said.
    The Abaddon mace isn't bad at all. It looks cool by itself. But compared to the other Immortal items it just doesn't deserve to be called an Immortal item at all.

I happened to unbox the Vengeful glaive and my god that's got so much more to it. It adds a new spell effect to everything. It slightly changes her stun particles, makes her wave attack look completely different and apparently has a slight particle change to her ulti. On top of the weapons own particle effects.

There is an enormous difference.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Went dual hard lane with Undying + Treant.
    play necro+abaddon with tree in the jungle

literally cannot die ever

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It slightly changes her stun particles
    no

makes her wave attack look completely different
    yes

has a slight particle change to her ulti
    no

On top of the weapons own particle effects.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    no

???

Also, what does LD's immortal do? Change his attack animation in ranged form? Seems even more underwhelming than the Abaddon mace but I guess I haven't seen them in game yet. Haven't even opened mine :OOOOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    no

no
    http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/07/do...-immortal-item

I just started playing Dota2 and I was wanting to know how do you get these gift box's and at what rate would you say you get them?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I just started playing Dota2 and I was wanting to know how do you get these gift box's and at what rate would you say you get them?
    What gift boxes?

Chests drop every 1-2 games but need a key (about 2 EUR) to open.
    The immortal items we're talking about require you to buy an International Compendium.
    There's also a new "gift box" in the game files though nobody knows what it's for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    What gift boxes?

Chests drop every 1-2 games but need a key (about 2 EUR) to open.
    The immortal items we're talking about require you to buy an International Compendium.
    There's also a new "gift box" in the game files though nobody knows what it's for.
    OOO ok lol. Is the only way to get these keys is to buy them from players/the game or are they a random drop as well and if u wanted could u sell the chests?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    OOO ok lol. Is the only way to get these keys is to buy them from players/the game or are they a random drop as well
    Can only buy them or get from players. If you get lucky you may get a random cosmetic drop that's worth a few keys and you can trade it with people but the chance is pretty slim.
    and if u wanted could u sell the chests?
    Well you CAN but I doubt anyone would want them, they're dirt cheap.

Can only buy them or get from players. If you get lucky you may get a random cosmetic drop that's worth a few keys and you can trade it with people but the chance is pretty slim.

K thx for the info as I said finally started to play dota2 and was wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find the keys bad value tbh. Just don't go crazy with them cause at the end of the day it gambling. The International 2013 chests have some real nice items in them too.
    If you unbox an item you dislike it's also very easy to hop onto a site like dota2lounge and trade it for another item from that crate which are usually valued around the same.

I was really happy earlier to hve unlocked the bird mount for my smeevil. Shame it's bugged and won't animate. I find it amusing when the bird looks the mseevil in the eys and he pushes his head away.

Ok I'm going to discribe how I like playing and if someone can tell me the role that fits it that would be great.
    First off I am new to Dota2.

Ok what I would like to do is be able to push any line guiding the minions to each tower while maybe being able to kill heroes along the way. As I said I am new to Dota2 and not sure if how I want to play will fit in the game.

Range or Melee it dose not matter but prefer Melee also what is a good character to learn on for someone who's new.

10+ Year Old Account

I've been selling a lot lately. Only worth a few cents apiece, but it adds up.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Am I the only one who has issues with the DOTA2 character movement? >_>

Champs seem to be sluggish like they were wading through pudding, response to abilities and clicks is l-a-z-y and sometimes they suddenly completely turn around and start heading towards the opposite direction? (Nope, not clicking the map either).

I don't know, perhaps it's just me that but the game seems really unresponsive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Champs seem to be sluggish like they were wading through pudding, response to abilities and clicks is l-a-z-y
    Yes, they're animations.

and sometimes they suddenly completely turn around and start heading towards the opposite direction? (Nope, not clicking the map either).
    Either you have autoattack on or you think you're not clicking the map when you are.

Ok I'm going to discribe how I like playing and if someone can tell me the role that fits it that would be great.
    First off I am new to Dota2.

Ok what I would like to do is be able to push any line guiding the minions to each tower while maybe being able to kill heroes along the way. As I said I am new to Dota2 and not sure if how I want to play will fit in the game.

Range or Melee it dose not matter but prefer Melee also what is a good character to learn on for someone who's new.
    The closest thing to that description is Lone Druid but I dunno how good he is at starting off with. Tiny and Dragon Knight work though and they're both pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account

Champs seem to be sluggish like they were wading through pudding, response to abilities and clicks is l-a-z-y and sometimes they suddenly completely turn around and start heading towards the opposite direction? (Nope, not clicking the map either).

Welcome to Dota. Every hero has an animation for turning and other things that LoL removed.

LoL is basically the Super Smash Bros of the Dota clone world.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The closest thing to that description is Lone Druid but I dunno how good he is at starting off with. Tiny and Dragon Knight work though and they're both pretty easy.
    Ya just got done playing dragon knight I like him.

But I must say from the bottom of my heart......the community is full of a bunch of assholes guy wanted to report me because I'm new and all game long was running his mouth...

Deleted

They are called turn rates, and it's actually a game mechanic to keep squishy melee heroes from being kited so easily. If you come from League of Legends, you will find this to be horrible but it's a vital feature of Dota 2. Think at how easily Ashe can kite Udyr for example. If she had a turn rate, she wouldn't be able to do that so easily.

As for the characters heading towards the opposite direction. I think this happens when you play Radiant, you accidentally click on the minimap and that makes the character go in the opposite direction. I blame that on Valve. Dota 2's interface is HORRIBLE, and the minimap is too big. This game is executed almost perfectly as gameplay, but Valve failed at the most basic features of an online competitive game. A ladder, a good matchmaking system, and a decent interface.

*rant*
    DOTA 1 purists will come now and tell me how "back in the day people used to queue randomly, it didn't matter if it's an old player with a new one". Yeah, but people weren't happy about it. That's why the created games had names like "DOTA 5v5 -apem no noobs". It was just a map with no matchmaking, no punishment system except for "Blacklist" and no ladder. I swear to God, pursits will never let this game advance. They do not even want mana bars on the enemy because "it takes skill to click on the enemy to see their mana", even though amusingly this was a LIMITATION of the WC 3 engine. They just want DOTA 1 with better graphics.

/rant
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-07-28 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    They are called turn rates, and it's actually a game mechanic to keep squishy melee heroes from being kited so easily. If you come from League of Legends, you will find this to be horrible but it's a vital feature of Dota 2. Think at how easily Ashe can kite Udyr for example. If she had a turn rate, she wouldn't be able to do that so easily.

As for the characters heading towards of the opposite direction. I think this happens when you play Radiant, you accidentally click on the minimap and that makes the character go in the opposite direction. I blame that on Valve. Dota 2's interface is HORRIBLE, and the minimap is too big. This game is executed almost perfectly as gameplay, but Valve failed at the most basic features of an online competitive game. A ladder, a good matchmaking system, and a decent interface.

*rant*
    DOTA 1 purists will come now and tell me how "back in the day people used to queue randomly, it didn't matter if it's an old player with a new one". Yeah, but people weren't happy about it. That's why the created games had names like "DOTA 5v5 -apem no noobs". I swear to God, pursits will never let this game advance. They just want DOTA 1 with better graphics.

/rant
    I personally just want to sit back relax learn how to play a bit and play a few games everynow and then. But so far I have done 2 games and still getting the hang of it and each game I got someone running there mouth because of the fact I am new and messed up a few times.

We won both games as well I like Dota2 so far but personally I think the community is going to push me away from it at some point.

On the plus side I did like playing Dragon Knight

Deleted
    I personally just want to sit back relax learn how to play a bit and play a few games everynow and then. But so far I have done 2 games and still getting the hang of it and each game I got someone running there mouth because of the fact I am new and messed up a few times.

We won both games as well I like Dota2 so far but personally I think the community is going to push me away from it at some point.

I play both DOTA 2 and LoL, and I will never start new accounts on either games. Even if you do good, people won't shut up. Gank a lane and score a kill? "OMG FKN NOOB KS KS KS REPORT BAN RIOT" .I know how you feel.

If you want to keep playing, try Sven and use the in-game builds. Or play Rubick. He is the most fun hero in the game IMO. I personally will not play Dota 2 until Valve will release less hats and add more important features. Such as a damn ladder.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-07-28 at 01:01 AM.

just ignore flamers

As for the characters heading towards of the opposite direction. I think this happens when you play Radiant, you accidentally click on the minimap and that makes the character go in the opposite direction.
    i had similar problem with click on minimap while trying to runaway
    but i found this:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=337793
    Code:
    Command: dota_minimap_misclick_time
    Description: Can create a delay between clicking the minimap and a command being issued. Useful to avoid misclicks but I find this a nuisance and disable it.
    Example: dota_minimap_misclick_time "0"
    set it to 0.2 and i never missclicked map again