Really hoping the games tomorrow are good, some awesome games thus far. I'd have to say the Na'vi vs. Tongfu series was probably the best so far, but I have high hopes for the games tomorrow.

On a slightly random note, anyone going to one of those Pubstomp things? I plan on going to the one in Boston with a couple people, was wondering if other people were going to any of them as well. Seems like it should be a lot of fun to watch the games.

And nothing you said had anything to do with "throwing". Outdrafted and outplayed (Na'Vi drafted and played bad as you said). They did not "throw" the games.

Please watch their defense after the aegis steal. Hey 5 man.... lets go in there with 3. Hey we are 2 guys down but one is low, better suicide out there to get a support kill. I have seen pubs doing better decision making at deffing the base.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2013-08-11 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Do you think Orange will let puppey pick wisp and if so will they get pubstomped like they did vs Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeap. Well, some items are more desired too, which kind of ups the prices. I mean, BH's uncommon cloak easily fetches you 1 rare + 1 uncommon. It's no more rare than anything else, but it's pretty.

I've been trading around for months and you'll almost never get any serious fair 1:1 offers on most things. New items tend to sell for a profit, but an item only stays new for like a day or two before droppin' (excluding sets).
    I remember someone told me that dendi player card is rare because it has lowest drop rate. I laughed at him because i had 5 dendi cards dropped. But then i looked it up, and yes, russian community (couple of trade groups) really gave me 1 dendi for 5 random player cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember someone told me that dendi player card is rare because it has lowest drop rate. I laughed at him because i had 5 dendi cards dropped. But then i looked it up, and yes, russian community (couple of trade groups) really gave me 1 dendi for 5 random player cards.
    It dropped for me twice. First time I deleted it cause I didn't even know what these cards are for and second time I gave it to a friend with compendium. Why I didn't get myself a compendium even halfway into the tournament, I have no idea.

Anyway I'm genuinely surprised with Navi's second game strategy. To me they never really excelled in pushing strategies like they do with constant ganking and letting xboct farm his ass off. Not to mention that Luna can't really stand up to alchemist unless she has like Manta and lifesteal on top bkb.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeap. Well, some items are more desired too, which kind of ups the prices. I mean, BH's uncommon cloak easily fetches you 1 rare + 1 uncommon. It's no more rare than anything else, but it's pretty.
    Well I got I guess what could be called a high profit (because of it's appearance) item yesterday unintentionally and for a good price.
    One of my offers for the CM gloves (which I still don't have) was the sword for jugg's thousand faces set. Somebody decided to make his own offer for it which wound up being the Lich Hood which I know is a sought after item and is worth more than it's own rarity which is uncommon.

I was a happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    To me they never really excelled in pushing strategies.
    at the time of TI1 and before they were kings of push strats
    artstyle enchantres was legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Also I got a question about trades, particularly those on dota2lounge.
    What's the logic in asking for more than 1:1 for items of the same quality?
    because thoes ppl dont want item X to use it but to trade it further
    1:1 means no profit

trading outside of friends list is pointless imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    because thoes ppl dont want item X to use it but to trade it further
    1:1 means no profit

trading outside of friends list is pointless imo
    Trade me CMs Crystalline Queens set please
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    BUT... Thousand Faces set is waaaay more desired than Lich stuff. I mean, people are bidding 2-3 rares on the Thousand Faces sword.
    I feel like bashing my head on the desk now.

Why has something as simple as trading items become like this ?! (I know it's greed )
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-11 at 11:36 AM.

http://dota2prices.com/ you can use this site to check and compare the value of most of the items/sets/couriers etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i would play dota if techies was in

literally the only reason to play
    Literally the only reason to not play. Still waiting to take a month long hiatus from this game when that hero is out and every game starts as 4v5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Literally the only reason to not play. Still waiting to take a month long hiatus from this game when that hero is out and every game starts as 4v5.
    I remember it from garena. Like. Someone picks techies and chat blows up with "gg 4v5 game". "omg noob techies no clarity". "XXX disconnected from the game".

Meepo release but 10x worse...

I really hope for rework

tmm bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I think Na'vi's "strategy" was just to screw around and make a show for their fans while they lost, not very sportsmanlike. The fact that they actually won is not a credit to them, it is a humiliation for Tongfu. Not only did they never press an attack before Alch had 5 core AND a chen hook made the fight 4v4, their item choices in general were just awful. They have two heroes who have the same amount of gold as Alch and they rush AC and Butterfly with it, two of the most ridiculously inefficient items in the game. If Doom had picked up some actual damage and Gyro had gone for Manta earlier in the game, they could've easily pushed rax down before the game got to the point where they were getting wiped without making a single kill.

I'm really not sure why they thought they could keep up with Alchemist with a Gyro/doom combination. Their passive play was an indicator that Tongfu thought they would win with 2 carrys versus 1 late game, and that was their biggest mistake of all. Doom isn't much of a carry in the late game and Gyro loses to any melee carry at all, he's just a gigantic AoE bomb in team fights with poor manfighting skills.

Well, that's my opinion anyway. All in all, that game looked like what you'd expect from typical public DotA. One team screws around and trolls enemy team, enemy team figures its a free win so they sit back and farm because they want fancy items until first team ends up overpowering them with a carry who farms way faster.
    While some of the things you say are true, I can't agree with you on the "strategy" thing. Like I already said, it's easy to be smart and all-knowing when watching a game, seeing the entire map, knowing what's going on at any moment, when it's not up to you to make those split second decisions in fights and when it's not your blood is pumped with adrenaline. But go into that booth at the Benaroya Hall and I'm 100% sure that you (or any of you guys posting here) will be shit on with no chances to fight back.

Of course, from the spectator's POV Na'Vi were fooling around for no reason (other than to entertain the crowd in a lost game) and Tong Fu played terribly, because they could crush Na'Vi 5v4 like 4 or 5 times after those failed fountain-hook attempts. But the truth is you can't react to something you can't see. From Tong Fu's POV most of the time they tried to play their 5 man Dota at the radiant's side of the river they got someone hooked to the oblivion and pushed away by that. That "fooling around" was actually the only thing that Na'Vi could do to hold back Tong Fu long enough to farm up the Alch and fight.

As for the Alliance vs Na'Vi match... all I can say is that the strongest team won and that Na'Vi actually acknowledged (by their picks) that Alliance is way stronger than them. I mean, you don't change your picks if you know they work, you only do that if you know your chances with your regular strat are low, so you have to change something to try and take your opponent by surprise. Na'Vi tried to do that and it didn't work.

I think they'll beat Orange again, but will lose to Alliance in the grand finals.
    Last edited by Kjalar; 2013-08-11 at 05:51 PM.

Anyone know where to find VODs of the Na'Vi vs Alliance?

Imo the matter of the fountain hooks is a bit odd. Are you not able to TP away during the hook, or do I remember that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I'm 100% sure that you (or any of you guys posting here) will be shit on with no chances to fight back.
    Well, obviously, I don't have a team. Kind of difficult to 1v5 isn't it?

Anyway, Tongfu did a lot worse than just not pushing hard. Their item choices were terrible, their team fights were terrible. It looked like they expected a 60 minute game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Anyone know where to find VODs of the Na'Vi vs Alliance?
    Game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHPi9jmLKaQ
    Game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo7MOco6tCQ

Or you could watch in the Dota client.

Deleted
    Alliance wins tonight, aight?=)