10+ Year Old Account
    Where can i expect to find the vods for the three matches then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ults_and_vods/

seems they arent available yet, you can watch through the dota client though if you prefer.

pubs will be crawling with Blinkz for a while

Deleted
    If you're talking about DK vs Speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQoWrNhLoP0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0P4-lXLuRE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AETft58CfmY

Deleted
    Seems pratice games make your hidden elo (or mmr) decay as they dont count towards games played. Played my first few pug games in a couple of months (mainly been doing 5v5 vs other groups) and i get the worst of the worst. We're talking about agility building io, casket farming wd with only strength items and a sniper who gets his first "big" item after 30 min safe lane "farming".

Just a heads up if you're doing alot of them and still want to mess around in a pug every now and then.
    I've been to hell and its not pretty.

Deleted
    That game 2 Na'Vi vs. DK. That's why I love Na'Vi, XBOCT is the only guy who'll buy 3 rapiers in a non-troll game.

http://i.imgur.com/MiNRb59.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah thanks a bundle.

I've only managed to watch the first game so far and wow! I've gotta say SG's force staff use was pretty damn good in those early engagements, such an underrated item.

I wish I had taken more pictures at the event, but here are a few:

SingSing and me:

They say you should never meet your hero, because you will be disappointed. This couldn't have been less true, SingSing was a genuinely awesome person who was super nice to his fans. Even when he was mobbed by them for autographs right after losing on day one he had a smile on his face and was bantering with the mini crowd that followed him around. I also got to talk to him for about ten minutes while we stood and watched the DK vs PBS game together. I was a huge SingSing fanboy before this weekend, now I'm a mega-ultra SingSing fanboy.

I walked around a lot of day one and most of day two with my computer side panel, having whoever I ran into from the scene sign it. Many of the personalities said it was the coolest thing that they had signed.

I had a t-shirt printed up to wear around to see if anyone recognized me. One of the players from Speed Gaming commented on it (he said "I like your shirt!") while I was having them sign my side panel (it was hectic so I can't quite remember who, it was either Pieliedie or Arteezy).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-11-26 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very jealous. I hope there will be a decent sized event in the UK one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Seems pratice games make your hidden elo (or mmr) decay as they dont count towards games played.
    might just be a time decay thing

it's a difficult problem i imagine, because you would get worse over time if you didn't play, but if they counted mmr in lobbies you could potentially game the system

@noteworthynerd

nice
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-11-26 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I walked around a lot of day one and most of day two with my computer side panel, having whoever I ran into from the scene sign it. Many of the personalities said it was the coolest thing that they had signed.
    That's pretty sweet, nice idea. Looks way better than getting a shirt or something signed imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    That's pretty sweet, nice idea. Looks way better than getting a shirt or something signed imo
    Downside is when it comes time to upgrade or replace your case. Maybe you could mount the old side panel on the wall like a trophy
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Na'Vi secret weapon is live show of Darude - Sandstorm, apperently.

Deleted
    Predicting a nerf to Hand of Midas shortly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idd, been trying it on supports and if you can get it fast enough its awesome. I barely ever manage force staff + sheepstick before 25 mins without a ton of kills but did it relatively easy with a 9 min Midas.

Sandstorm was awesome too, shame Fnatic did shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Predicting a nerf to Hand of Midas shortly.
    I'm seeing midas pickups all the time now in both pubs and competitive scenes.
    Midas CM OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    I'm seeing midas pickups all the time now in both pubs and competitive scenes.
    Midas CM OP.
    Yeah I'm curious as to why its suddenly the fotm item especially on supports like CM which didn't used to pick it up. I've wanted to give it a go but I don't really understand all the reasons so far behind getting it on a support currently so I'd rather not cock up a game just to try out something just cause X pro player got it the other day and he won a game.

Yeah I'm curious as to why its suddenly the fotm item especially on supports like CM which didn't used to pick it up. I've wanted to give it a go but I don't really understand all the reasons so far behind getting it on a support currently so I'd rather not cock up a game just to try out something just cause X pro player got it the other day and he won a game.
    XP boost is the main reason, actually. Supports like CM scale with each ability point really well and hardly ever reach lvl 25 in a game, so each additional level gained due to the Midas bonus xp almost always mean additional stats you'd never gain without it.

2k gold for 0 helpful stats is an investment the average player will never be able to afford, as a support, in a game he isn't horribly winning. I wouldn't worry about it. It would be like rushing blink on CM. Does it has its uses? Sure, but if you're running around in a close game with 600 health at 30 minutes, prepare to get wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    2k gold for 0 helpful stats is an investment the average player will never be able to afford, as a support, in a game he isn't horribly winning. I wouldn't worry about it. It would be like rushing blink on CM. Does it has its uses? Sure, but if you're running around in a close game with 600 health at 30 minutes, prepare to get wrecked.
    To be fair there's a number of times and places where you suddenly sit on 2k gold now that passive gain + bounties have gone up. Admittedly, like you imply, there are often better investments available for supports though. But there are also plenty places where Midas can realistically be obtained and serve good use.