Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    And that is the worst. People telling others how to play the game while in a game. You don't realize how annoying it is and it happens so often on lower MMRs when I queue on smurf account with friends. People try to tell me how to play the game and where to go. It's annoying.

Oh, you play CM. I'd imagine that if you played with a decent player he'd understand that you picked Alchemist as support. Unless you got some super weird lanining going on but even then most people understand the words "carry", "support", "offlane" and "mid". That they refuse to listen doesn't have anything to do with not knowing the language, which leads back to my previous post about that it's the retard+language barrier that frustrates you.

Yes, my version works pretty well in my unranked AP pubs. You should try it.
    Looks like you still don't understand. You don't seem to realize that it's the captain who has the idea in is head. He needs the team he picked to play the way he wants because he BUILT IT. He has a plan in mind, but for that plan to work, you need to play how he wants. If you don't want to be told how to play, gtfo of cm?

It's absolutely laughable how many people say "don't tell me how to play!", when they choose to join a game mode that involves a CAPTAIN. Gee what is a captains job again? Oh yea, to captain others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Seriously don't play ranked if you aren't playing to win. Go and play un-ranked. There is almost no difference and it is two button presses away.

Having a microphone should almost be a requirement to hit the queue button.
    you're damn right,thats why I stay away from ranked,I dont like counterpicking or tryharding =D

Seriously don't play ranked if you aren't playing to win. Go and play un-ranked. There is almost no difference and it is two button presses away.

If I were to play ranked I probably wouldn't play very differently from how I am in unranked, sorry. My #1 goal is to have fun, if winning a pub game means life or death to the other people I'll just feel sorry for them.

I often use Teamspeak or Skype when playing but I haven't ever bothered with the in-game VOIP. I wouldn't say voice communication is anywhere near necessary, chat/chatwheel/pings are more than enough for normal games. And my experience with external VOIP is that most of the stuff said during a game is at best tangentially related to the ongoing match. And I find it quite annoying when people that aren't even my friends start yelling or being obnoxious in the in-game VOIP, I usually give them one warning after which I just mute them.

Not to mention PTT. I am tired of so many people with open mic so you can hear their random shit in the background.

Deleted
    So a guy left at level 8 during a ranked match and it went 4v5, and i was thinking "shit i bet we get loads of points for winning, that'd be cool"

lolnope only +18

Good ranked system is good

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    When you're in a stack though, the required communication to pull it off is a sure thing.
    Don't ascribe magic to something that isn't inherently magic. Stacks are just people that met up before starting the search. There are no other qualities that you can assign to these people as an obvious default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Looks like you still don't understand. You don't seem to realize that it's the captain who has the idea in is head. He needs the team he picked to play the way he wants because he BUILT IT. He has a plan in mind, but for that plan to work, you need to play how he wants. If you don't want to be told how to play, gtfo of cm?

It's absolutely laughable how many people say "don't tell me how to play!", when they choose to join a game mode that involves a CAPTAIN. Gee what is a captains job again? Oh yea, to captain others.
    I understand that in CM it's a bit different. That's why I wrote "Oh". But regardless, what is it you want to say that people can't understand? "Go" + ping. Or "Defend Tower" + Pinging on Tower?

That they refuse to listen is exactly what I said, them being retards and not language barrier only. And when I talked about don't tell me what to play part I meant generally, not in CM.

I bet you are that American that likes to talk in voice chat a lot. It's fun to play with you guys sometimes but microphone isn't needed at all in ranked games and not everyone likes to speak English even though they understand it. People rarely use it at high MMR and it still works out perfectly. I only use mine for Skype with friends, nothing in-game and I do fine.

Deleted
    I don't use my mic cos im English and for some reason everyone on Dota seems to hate the English, good times.

I don't have a mic.

I understand that in CM it's a bit different. That's why I wrote "Oh". But regardless, what is it you want to say that people can't understand? "Go" + ping. Or "Defend Tower" + Pinging on Tower?

That they refuse to listen is exactly what I said, them being retards and not language barrier only. And when I talked about don't tell me what to play part I meant generally, not in CM.
    There are a million different situations where having a team that can understand you can be the difference between a win and a loss. How do you quickly and easily convey to your team to fake push then transition to rosh with a bunch of pings? How do you tell your team you saw mira ult besides spamming "b b b b"? How do you tell your teammates how long certain spells will be on cooldown, or which spells you've seen the enemy team use recently?

Look at WoW arenas/raid bosses, Counter strike, and every other online team game and tell me communication is not key.

I don't even know why I'm arguing this with you, as any awake person could see the benefit of having a team that they could communicate with. For you not to understand this simple concept makes me think you've never played above mediocre tier at any competitive online video game. Which is absolutely fine, but it takes away from your credibility when you try to talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't have a mic.
    Heresy of the Techology/sermon
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Look at WoW arenas/raid bosses, Counter strike, and every other online team game and tell me communication is not key.
    Wait, since when? I remember WoW mostly being a game of learning from your mistakes. In fact, our guild was strictly silent during fights so we wouldn't distract each other unless absolutely necessary...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Wait, since when? I remember WoW mostly being a game of learning from your mistakes. In fact, our guild was strictly silent during fights so we wouldn't distract each other unless absolutely necessary...
    That sounds very boring and sad frankly

I don't even know why I'm arguing this with you, as any awake person could see the benefit of having a team that they could communicate with. For you not to understand this simple concept makes me think you've never played above mediocre tier at any competitive online video game.
    But I kind of agree with him, guess I never got past mediocrity in anything either =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Socializing IMO makes a far more entertaining game. Provided I can actually communicate.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-01-09 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I probably should proofread my posts more often.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    That sounds very boring and sad frankly
    Well, it was a guild that had fun people, but some of 'em were perhaps far too serious during the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    But I kind of agree with him, guess I never got past mediocrity in anything either =/
    lol scrub guild scrub player

Deleted
    There are a million different situations where having a team that can understand you can be the difference between a win and a loss. How do you quickly and easily convey to your team to fake push then transition to rosh with a bunch of pings? How do you tell your team you saw mira ult besides spamming "b b b b"? How do you tell your teammates how long certain spells will be on cooldown, or which spells you've seen the enemy team use recently?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this with you, as any awake person could see the benefit of having a team that they could communicate with. For you not to understand this simple concept makes me think you've never played above mediocre tier at any competitive online video game. Which is absolutely fine, but it takes away from your credibility when you try to talk about it.
    Damn, fake pushes into Rosh. That's too advanced for my pubs. I understand that communication helps but what I'm saying is it's not necessary to win pubs and it isn't what wins you or lose you the game at pub level. Especially when playing CM where players are complete trash.

Your analysis of me is incredible. Do you use the same way of analyzing people when you're in a game? I should probably go back to my unranked AP games and be quiet because apparently I suck at this game.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-01-09 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So you don't use vent and just sit in raids hoping everyone just "figures it out". Sounds like top level play if I've ever heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I think you just accidentally implied that Paragon doesn't use VOIP. Can you please explain what exactly you agree with him about? He's saying there's nothing in the game of dota that can't be said through ping spamming and the warning wheel. I'm saying that's incorrect and posting reasons as to why. Is it so hard to believe that there's a slightly above basic level of play that requires people to be able to talk to each other?

I'm not saying it's not fun for some people to play YOUR way. I'm saying it's significantly less effective for the solid majority of people who play with other very experienced people. I'm not sure how you guys can think otherwise, as it seems like common sense.

Damn, fake pushes into Rosh. That's too advanced for my pubs. I understand that communication helps but what I'm saying is it's not necessary to win pubs and it isn't what wins you or lose you the game at pub level. Especially when playing CM where players are complete trash.

Your analysis of me is incredible. Do you use the same way of analyzing people when you're in a game? I should probably go back to my unranked AP games and be quiet because apparently I suck at this game.
    Alright, I see where you're coming from. You misunderstood because the topic was about ranked stacks and you confused it with pub play. I didn't say you were bad, but when you imply that having everyone being able to fluidly communicate with each other is not important at all in a team game, it makes me think less of your opinions. Communication is the foundation of any and all team activities, which is why guilds, clans, and even RL jobs require it.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-01-09 at 11:03 PM.

So you don't use vent and just sit in raids hoping everyone just "figures it out". Sounds like top level play if I've ever heard of it.
    No, but we clearly didn't need microphones when we could, in no uncertain terms, use the downtime to talk over your strategy. If that's a difficult concept to you then I wonder who's really stuck in scrub tier...

All voice-chat wound up being was a load of shitty reminders that no one cared to listen to. And that's what happens almost universally in the situations you're proposing.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I see where you're coming from. You misunderstood because the topic was about ranked stacks and you confused it with pub play. I didn't say you were bad, but when you imply that having everyone being able to fluidly communicate with each other is not important at all in a team game, it makes me think less of your opinions. Communication is the foundation of any and all team activities, which is why guilds, clans, and even RL jobs require it.
    No misunderstandings happened, I'm quite sure.