10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Genius, I really should of done that, and now I'm sad that I didn't.
    Next time change your alias to "Вася Пупкин" and respond to anything cyrillic in chat with "ЗАТКНИСЬ СУКА". Will work fine but probably will give you lots of reports.

Any tips for winning as lone druid? Looks like rng hates me, i'm doing fine on off lane, but i suck hard in forest, because every time i come out to gank, bear can't land entangle on anyone. Forced teamfights delay me really really hard and i can't get big items soon enough. If i don't participate in fights, we have 18/4 score, if i do, we have 18/18 score with my dying in each and every teamfights because i suck at positioning and don't have enough items to have lots of sustain =(
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-06-04 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post

nangz told me zeus is a sick ass hero last night

im sceptical

I'm of the opinion that Zeus is one of the most underrated heroes in the game, with decent early farm he rapes so hard its not even funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't want my favorite champions to have their visuals/voice changed =(
    I think they should add an option to have old looks and sounds
    Voice pack is just in addition to the original, I think you will be able to pick which one you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Zeus is one of the most underrated heroes in the game, with decent early farm he rapes so hard its not even funny.
    I had a game, not so long ago, against a Zeus, Pugna and Warlock (don't remember the other 2 heroes). 15 minutes into the game they had something like a 25:5 kill lead, and took every single one of our outer towers. 2 minutes later, the rest of my team finished their bkb's thanks to 3 creepwaves pushing into our base (it was literally all 5 of us with bkb and brown boots only), and we facerolled them into their fountain and won the game 10 minutes later. Since then I never came to think Zeus is even close to being a strong hero. He's just way too much of a one-trick-pony.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

A lot of heroes can be countered by BKB, the trick is baiting it out and fighting when it runs out. They got facerolled because they were playing bad, not because Zeus is a bad hero.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I had a game, not so long ago, against a Zeus, Pugna and Warlock (don't remember the other 2 heroes). 15 minutes into the game they had something like a 25:5 kill lead, and took every single one of our outer towers. 2 minutes later, the rest of my team finished their bkb's thanks to 3 creepwaves pushing into our base (it was literally all 5 of us with bkb and brown boots only), and we facerolled them into their fountain and won the game 10 minutes later. Since then I never came to think Zeus is even close to being a strong hero. He's just way too much of a one-trick-pony.

Every single int hero in the game is hardcountered by a bkb, so its not a problem with just Zeus.

He has a great skill set and can farm really fast in lane or jungle, almost impossible to harras him out of the lane due to his crazy high burst and with his Q you can easily get free last hits.

A fast aghs + refresher on zeus is basically GG for anybody that doesn't have a bkb.

Deleted
    Every single int hero in the game is hardcountered by a bkb, so its not a problem with just Zeus.

He has a great skill set and can farm really fast in lane or jungle, almost impossible to harras him out of the lane due to his crazy high burst and with his Q you can easily get free last hits.

A fast aghs + refresher on zeus is basically GG for anybody that doesn't have a bkb.
    But most ints have some kind of disable to counter-act that. And Zeus might farm decently fast but he doesn't scale with items that well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But most ints have some kind of disable to counter-act that. And Zeus might farm decently fast but he doesn't scale with items that well.
    All he needs is aghs + refresher, easily obtainable within 25 mins - every team fight the enemy team loses atleast 50% HP before the fight starts and possibly killing the #5 and #4 depending on picks.

Deleted
    All he needs is aghs + refresher, easily obtainable within 25 mins - every team fight the enemy team loses atleast 50% HP before the fight starts and possibly killing the #5 and #4 depending on picks.
    Easily obtainable? A Tinker with BoT, Blink, Hex is about same cost and I'd argue Tinker is much faster farmer than Zeus. Furthermore, you can't constantly farm your own jungle if you have a carry in your team. And let's say you get your Aghs. It still only boosts your ulti. The rest of our skill set is much like a QoPs in the terms of that you only have nukes but no disables or slows. You also lack an escape or initiation ability like QoP and your laning is weaker. And if a BKB hero jumps you you are dead with those items.

Deleted
    Easily obtainable? A Tinker with BoT, Blink, Hex is about same cost and I'd argue Tinker is much faster farmer than Zeus. Furthermore, you can't constantly farm your own jungle if you have a carry in your team. And let's say you get your Aghs. It still only boosts your ulti. The rest of our skill set is much like a QoPs in the terms of that you only have nukes but no disables or slows. You also lack an escape or initiation ability like QoP and your laning is weaker. And if a BKB hero jumps you you are dead with those items.
    I've managed to do it 3 or 4 times so it can't be that difficult.

I wouldn't argue Zeus is more useful that Tinker because I do not think he is, but Tinker is one of the best heroes in the game (imo) - I never start fights as Zeus, I always stand at the back and wait for the fight to start, throw down my double ulti and it completely cripples the other team and I've not even started spamming my q and w yet.

Yesterday I decided to get a force staff before aghs + refresher and I still managed to get them by 25 minutes (granted it was a pretty one sided game) and I still managed to kill 2 people with pretty much just my ulti and leaves everybody else with maybe 30% hp max.

I'm not saying Zues should be picked in pro games because I don't think he'd work but in a pub he is heavily underrated I feel.

Deleted
    I've managed to do it 3 or 4 times so it can't be that difficult.

I wouldn't argue Zeus is more useful that Tinker because I do not think he is, but Tinker is one of the best heroes in the game (imo) - I never start fights as Zeus, I always stand at the back and wait for the fight to start, throw down my double ulti and it completely cripples the other team and I've not even started spamming my q and w yet.

Yesterday I decided to get a force staff before aghs + refresher and I still managed to get them by 25 minutes (granted it was a pretty one sided game) and I still managed to kill 2 people with pretty much just my ulti and leaves everybody else with maybe 30% hp max.

I'm not saying Zues should be picked in pro games because I don't think he'd work but in a pub he is heavily underrated I feel.
    Oh, I thought we were talking competitive games. Yes, farming items in average pubs isn't hard.

Deleted
    Oh, I thought we were talking competitive games. Yes, farming items in average pubs isn't hard.
    Nah I know too little to really make informed comments on competitive, pretty much everything i comment on is to do with Pubs.

All he needs is aghs + refresher, easily obtainable within 25 mins
    So are BKB's, Pipe and a Mek, all on one hero even.

almost impossible to harras him out of the lane due to his crazy high burst
    Assuming you're talking about mid lane here, I'll tell you this. Mid against Zeus is absolute faceroll. Yes, he can last hit easily, but he can't deny a single creep, because if he tries to come close enough to creeps to try and deny, any lane domination hero will instantly drop him bellow 50% hp. Zeus means the opponent mid gets absolute free farm, and I'd take a freefarmed Invoker over a freefarmed Zeus anytime.

Zeus works in pubs because 90% of the time you play mid against 14yo russian kids thinking they'll grow up to be Resolution, but any player that comes to mid lane with an "I'm here to dominate this lane" state of mind will absolutely shit on Zeus.

Deleted
    So are BKB's, Pipe and a Mek, all on one hero even.

Assuming you're talking about mid lane here, I'll tell you this. Mid against Zeus is absolute faceroll. Yes, he can last hit easily, but he can't deny a single creep, because if he tries to come close enough to creeps to try and deny, any lane domination hero will instantly drop him bellow 50% hp. Zeus means the opponent mid gets absolute free farm, and I'd take a freefarmed Invoker over a freefarmed Zeus anytime.

Zeus works in pubs because 90% of the time you play mid against 14yo russian kids thinking they'll grow up to be Resolution, but any player that comes to mid lane with an "I'm here to dominate this lane" state of mind will absolutely shit on Zeus.
    The number 4 and 5 are unlikely to get a reasonable amount of gold at 20 - 25 minutes tbh.

I've never lost mid as Zeus (not because i'm pro or anything just Zeus is so good mid), he dominates the lane, he never has to get close to creeps and can harass at range + he has a massive nuke if you go in to harass him - no idea how you get free farm vs a Zeus.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number 4 and 5 are unlikely to get a reasonable amount of gold at 20 - 25 minutes tbh.

I've never lost mid as Zeus (not because i'm pro or anything just Zeus is so good mid), he dominates the lane, he never has to get close to creeps and can harass at range + he has a massive nuke if you go in to harass him - no idea how you get free farm vs a Zeus.
    He dominates lane if enemy doesn't buy bottle/cloak. Also, Zeus sucks at rune control, because every time he leaves a lane, he becomes a free kill. Ever met enemy Invoker on runespot in 1v1 situation at level 4? Yeah, that's why he is easy to shut down. I think you just got extremely lucky to play against passive players who don't understand that bottle is better than buying regen items every minute
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    He dominates lane if enemy doesn't buy bottle/cloak. Also, Zeus sucks at rune control, because every time he leaves a lane, he becomes a free kill. Ever met enemy Invoker on runespot in 1v1 situation at level 4? Yeah, that's why he is easy to shut down. I think you just got extremely lucky to play against passive players who don't understand that bottle is better than buying regen items every minute
    No they buy normal items and play normally (well for 4.5k rating normal anyway).

I don't need rune control as Zeus, and if I do I ask a support to cover my ass to help me go and get it.

Zeus should be near impossible to harass, you never need to be in attack range, easy win mid most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when i've played against Zeus i was able to freely take all runes and gank the shit out of enemies or obliterate him with haste/invis

Deleted
    Well, when i've played against Zeus i was able to freely take all runes and gank the shit out of enemies or obliterate him with haste/invis
    To which I could flip what you said and say "Well all the Zeus players you went against were terrible and you got lucky"

At the end of the day its all down to different experiences I win a lot as Zeus, but I have never won as Phoenix even thought Phoenix is BS.

Every single int hero in the game is hardcountered by a bkb,
    I wonder why they ban that guy who rides the bats in 99% of games since he's so simple to hardcounter.

no idea how you get free farm vs a Zeus.
    he never has to get close to creeps
    You answered your own question, even though I already told you the same thing. Zeus can't deny creeps. His right click damage is abysmal, his animation is horrible, and his range is shorter than Lanaya's with 1 point into Psy Blades, and that's what makes him a very bad mid (or for that sake, any other lane) hero.
    No they buy normal items and play normally (well for 4.5k rating normal anyway).
    That's the point, you don't buy "normal" items against Zeus. You can tell if that mid player is clueless or not by checking his inventory once he arrives to the lane, because everyone who plays mid exclusively knows you'll only buy Tangos and a Salve if there's a Zeus (or Batrider) on the enemy team, so you can instantly buy a Magic Stick if the Zeus comes mid against you, and that Magic Stick will pretty much be all the regen you'll ever need against Zeus. Harassing an Invoker that has a Magic Stick out of the lane as Zeus is science fiction.

No offense, but seeing you say Zeus can win mid against an Invoker makes me think you have quite the wrong image of what "winning mid" actually means. You'll build your Agh's, Invoker will get his Necro3. You'll melt his supports, he'll melt your towers. Supports will respawn, towers wont.

Deleted
    You answered your own question, even though I already told you the same thing. Zeus can't deny creeps. His right click damage is abysmal, his animation is horrible, and his range is shorter than Lanaya's with 1 point into Psy Blades, and that's what makes him a very bad mid (or for that sake, any other lane) hero.

That's the point, you don't buy "normal" items against Zeus. You can tell if that mid player is clueless or not by checking his inventory once he arrives to the lane, because everyone who plays mid exclusively knows you'll only buy Tangos and a Salve if there's a Zeus (or Batrider) on the enemy team, so you can instantly buy a Magic Stick if the Zeus comes mid against you, and that Magic Stick will pretty much be all the regen you'll ever need against Zeus. Harassing an Invoker that has a Magic Stick out of the lane as Zeus is science fiction.

No offense, but seeing you say Zeus can win mid against an Invoker makes me think you have quite the wrong image of what "winning mid" actually means. You'll build your Agh's, Invoker will get his Necro3. You'll melt his supports, he'll melt your towers. Supports will respawn, towers wont.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/698449990

http://dotabuff.com/matches/425150349

http://dotabuff.com/matches/34867987

Been against invo mid 3 times as Zeus.

Denying creeps isn't very important, yeah it useful mid but as long as you get the last hits it doesn't matter, people rarely get loads of last hits even at really high level games.

And once again you don't have to harass people as Zeus, just sit back and farm away - works every time.

@LiiloSNK see my comment about pro games.