Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I was doing eh and enemy team had a Riki that was wrecking anyone in the cloud. Go figure, it was the easiest way to invalidate him, and saved more than a few of my teamies.
    What are you trying to say? That you thought it was an important pickup? Wasn't that that what I just said?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What are you trying to say? That you thought it was an important pickup? Wasn't that that what I just said?
    For this one match it was definitely an important pick up, I've no shame saying that. It was, on several occasions, the difference between our carry dying or not. That's not even slight exaggeration. '-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I am. But if you build it on BH I'd say you are overestimating its value.
    BH can get away with it because loltrack.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yeah, I was pretty much spending the game trying to contain Riki more than anything. I won't say it was a brilliant game and I imagine higher MMR folks cringe watching this game. http://dotabuff.com/matches/754868523

Didn't feel like I had much killing potential on anyone, so I fell back on "Let's not allow Riki to spin out of control". Make sure he was Tracked when possible, get a Force Staff that let me save allies from Smoke Cloud, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty much spending the game trying to contain Riki more than anything. I won't say it was a brilliant game and I imagine higher MMR folks cringe watching this game. http://dotabuff.com/matches/754868523

Didn't feel like I had much killing potential on anyone, so I fell back on "Let's not allow Riki to spin out of control". Make sure he was Tracked when possible, get a Force Staff that let me save allies from Smoke Cloud, etc.
    You saved Void once from dying because of Force Staff and you died because of it. And that was after your team had already taken top rax. If you still feel the item was an important pickup in that game after watching the replay I don't know what to tell you.

As I said, I think you overestimate it because I don't think picking up Force Staff in that game was important at all. It was a cute pickup. I'll give you that. And yes, that game made me cringe^^. Riki with Diffu and Skull Basher after 44 min is impressive.

Riki with Diffu and Skull Basher after 44 min is impressive.
    Thats like everyother game. Yestarday I had 160 last hits as shadow shaman by 35min (when we finished) with blink agh refresher. #1 had 150, I finished the game solo with blink ward raxing. Carry SS yuuup.

Heck, games that are not snowballed by either of the teams end up with #1 having 150last hits by 60min. /cry.

There should always be one force staff on a team most of the time. If theres no natural force staff builder (invoker, od) it should be up to a support to make one. The reason why core go blinks is because its a better initiation tool, which is what you want from that slot. The support can force staff you out of shit. If you are in a pub and nobody build one, by all means build one if theres something that its needed for cough chronosphere cough. Neither items are in contest, both are mediocre at doing what the other one does.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-07-04 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    There should always be one force staff on a team most of the time. If theres no natural force staff builder (invoker, od) it should be up to a support to make one. The reason why core go blinks is because its a better initiation tool, which is what you want from that slot. The support can force staff you out of shit. If you are in a pub and nobody build one, by all means build one if theres something that its needed for cough chronosphere cough. Neither items are in contest, both are mediocre at doing what the other one does.
    Or get both on Axe, not escaping these dunks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't move people trapped in Chronosphere.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You can't move people trapped in Chronosphere.
    Can you still hook them at least? Or is that a no go?

Kinda weird that you can't force staff people out...it seems reasonable to me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can you still hook them at least? Or is that a no go?

Kinda weird that you can't force staff people out...it seems reasonable to me at least.
    Nothing is reasonable about Chronosphere.

Deleted
    Nothing is reasonable about Chronosphere.
    It has 60 seconds cd with aghs not 120 like you said a few days ago.

crap I put like 40 cards on offering and I got 150 points and 1 axe set DD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    It has 60 seconds cd with aghs not 120 like you said a few days ago.
    I said it needs to be 180 sec without agh's, 120 with agh's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got disconnected in first 5 minutes of the game, reconnected, kept playing, mah team carried me to the skies, yay. Tusk had to problems laning against Razor tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Got disconnected in first 5 minutes of the game, reconnected, kept playing, mah team carried me to the skies, yay. Tusk had to problems laning against Razor tho.
    Had the opposite happen today. We had a Luna that refused to carry and basically did everything he possibly could to throw the game for us by killing couriers, killing himself, dropping obs in our fountain, carpeting the base with gg branches, etc. We started out way behind (I was a lvl 2 Sand King at like 9 minutes) because our lanes were awful (partly because, right before he went into bitch mode, the Luna was whining about not being able to farm against the enemy's very strong aggro tri), but we were able to recover and hold on for almost 45 minutes anyhow. The other guys said that if we'd had a full team, we'd probably have won.

Then again, I'm not surprised the Luna was acting like a brat since he was muted. I still don't know why muted people are allowed to play ranked. After all the tinkering they've done with the chat ban system, if you get chat banned, it's because you've got a serious fucking attitude problem... those folks probably shouldn't be allowed in ranked while they're doing their time-out. I have bad games from time to time where I get a little hot under the collar, but I've never, ever been chat banned ever since they restarted the system way back when.

Deleted
    You're a perfect example of why I think people are overestimating Force Staff. You spend an entire post about how good it is only to give an example where the item doesn't work particularly well. If you valued it highly and used it often you'd know you can't Force Staff teammates out of Chronosphere but only the Void himself but that's nearly useless since Void has high movement speed in Chrono.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-05 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the opposite happen today. We had a Luna that refused to carry and basically did everything he possibly could to throw the game for us by killing couriers, killing himself, dropping obs in our fountain, carpeting the base with gg branches, etc.
    Lol, our Void on easy lane was like "guys help top pls" when i disconnected, when i reconnected and we've got showed up to our tower (and enemy Jakiro was "stealing" our creeps through the jungle) Void was like "well, i hope Slardar will be able to carry this game, because i won't". Then he dinged 6 and with proper usage of his ult on greedy Jakiro (he was pulling our creeps near small camp on dire side and moved them to their creeps near their tower), he've got a kill and enemy chilled out. Then couple of ganks from mid, i've got gold (because i wasn't actually a ward bitch, for the whole game i bought like, 3 sets of wards) to get mah bracer soul ring boots and shit and we raeped them in teamfights (chrono+death ward works so good). Probably i'll quite SC2 for more games in dota because of it. Oh, forgot to mention.

When enemy Seer vacuumed our whole team +100500 creeps into a wall (we all were blocked by our creeps and enemy creeps surrounded us as well as illisuions and enemy heroes) i thought it was a team wipe. Well, i was wrong. ECHO SLAM. RAMPAGE.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-07-05 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This new Invoker set... WOW. Pls donate.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    This new Invoker set... WOW. Pls donate.
    Which one? The one that makes him look more like a curtain, or less like one? :P