10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Thus, you have Alt+QWER for normal so just press Alt+Q for Storm. I knew it existed sicne it was released but I never bothered to think about how it can be good on heroes like Tinker or had the effort to relearn everything I know.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but you can make config files with keybinds for each hero in the game like scripts in TF2
    Yes:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ings_per_hero/
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockSlayer
    You can do this already(with some actual feedback from the game,) but it requires some effort. Well worth it though. Here's an example:
    developer "1" //Enables Top Left Console Printout
    con_filter_enable "0" //Filtering of Console Printout
    con_notifytime "2" //Leaves notifications up for 2 seconds
    con_filter_text "Bam!" //Only shows lines starting with Bam!
    bind f4 s_m_e_toggle
    alias s_m_e_toggle "invoker_config_toggle"
    alias invoker_config_toggle "alias s_m_e_toggle tinker_config_toggle; invokerload"
    alias tinker_config_toggle "alias s_m_e_toggle invoker_config_toggle; tinkerload"
    alias invokerload "exec ss_invocarl.cfg; vo_invo; e_invokerconfig"
    alias tinkerload "exec ss_tinker.cfg; vo_tinker; e_tinkerconfig"
    alias vo_invo "snd_playsounds invoker_invo_spawn_02"
    alias vo_tinker "snd_playsounds tinker_tink_spawn_01"
    alias e_tinkerconfig "echo Bam!_Tinker_Config_Loaded!"
    alias e_invokerconfig "echo Bam!_Invoker_Config_Loaded!"
    And then of course you put your custom keybinds in the respective .cfg files. The way I have things set up is I have a "general config" that's pretty straightforward and then about 20 .cfg's for other heroes. The tradeoff is that you have to spend the time getting things setup properly and you have to remember to toggle the configs in game.
    After awhile it becomes habit and it's fantastic, especially if you've got limited keys or limited mouse buttons.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Motoric wise adding additional key to combo QWER slows down your reaction quite a lot and takes a precious finger and Ive never been a great SC player with a damn 1231312312312453214123 clicks a minute.

Simplest fail proof but tedious is making macros for all heroes -_- Easiest suggestion made here was to let you bind keys on the fly and let game save it. I would love a way to customize your skill places on the bar. You can change the keybinds from QWER to sth like WQRE but it screw up your eye memory.
    You spine brain doesn't care about additional key (well, it does, but until you practice a lot to return to where you was). All these 1231312312312453214123 clicks a minute are made with a spine brain, not your regular brain. They memorize binds and "feel" them, so you don't even think "ok, i need a probe every 17 seconds, i need to click on nexus, click keybind for probe then return back to what i was doing", you just go "5, E every 17" instead of that, without even thinking about it until magic number on timer pops up. Lots of clicks are used to move camera on camera lock points, even more clicks are used to keep "pace" of the clicks, so you won't lose your momentum. It's not question of reactions, but of experience and practice

Also, i'm proud user of legacy keybinds because i just can't handle QWER layout, i still click V for Voodoo restoration and C for cask even if i know that they are binded to Q and W. Especially in panic mode.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-18 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

lol QWER noobs
    l2legacy get on my level 0/10

Is there setting to use to not get south americans in my games/

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is there setting to use to not get south americans in my games/
    They'll always find you.

But seriously, no. There is the different servers, but everyone likes to go to the wrong servers it seems

Also that feeling when you finally random a fun hero, and you get stuck with someone who feeds top by just afk'ing in random spots or something, and then quits.
    I wanted to have Batrider fun

I thought about what you said about Storm's Q a bit and it made no sense to me. Because that would apply to Rearm and stuff too. Quick Cast doesn't force non-target spells to suddenly have target function. So I tried it out and Storm's Q works exactly the same with Quick Cast. It casts it normally.
    I gotta try after work couse that was the thing that pushed me away from QC, maybe some behaviour fix in recent patches. It was the most annoying thing when you wanted remnant while having cursor away for and the first thing it did was move move to the location to cast remnant

Anyone else got a rare bug when you fight, level up and cant use anything untill you put points in skill?

Deleted
    I got a mek on clockwork yesterday and was called a tryhard.

Some people.

Well that's Doto.

Yesterday i jungled Enigma and ACCIDENTALLY killed ONE neutral creep that our Sand Kind claimed to be his, and only his, personal creep to kill. He then insulted me heavily and announced to feed now because of my insolence. So he did, went 0-20 or such by just running into the enemy's tower until the game ended, shouting things like "SO ENIGMA, HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS, YOU LIKE IT?!?!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Well that's Doto.

Yesterday i jungled Enigma and ACCIDENTALLY killed ONE neutral creep that our Sand Kind claimed to be his, and only his, personal creep to kill. He then insulted me heavily and announced to feed now because of my insolence. So he did, went 0-20 or such by just running into the enemy's tower until the game ended, shouting things like "SO ENIGMA, HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS, YOU LIKE IT?!?!?"
    Oh well, i've played with two my friends some day, one of them played Viper mid, other Naga support. Naga decided to get radiance (obviously, duh, what else should Naga support get as first items? Boots? Ahaha!) and started stacking creeps. Viper moved to Naga when she farmed said creeps and took two Satyrs (small and medium one) out to finish his BKB faster (he said that he need 100g to finish it and all jungle creeps were dead, as well as lanes were pushed forward). Naga started sulking and afked at fountain until we lost because "it was my creeps". Said Naga has ~1k games on his account, he is 25 years old male, and previously was our guild master in WoW. Some people just have bad days i suppose
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-18 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Oh well, i've played with two my friends some day, one of them played Viper mid, other Naga support. Naga decided to get radiance (obviously, duh, what else should Naga support get as first items? Boots? Ahaha!) and started stacking creeps. Viper moved to Naga when she farmed said creeps and took two Satyrs (small and medium one) out to finish his BKB faster (he said that he need 100g to finish it and all jungle creeps were dead, as well as lanes were pushed forward). Naga started sulking and afked at fountain until we lost because "it was my creeps". Said Naga has ~1k games on his account, he is 25 years old male, and previously was our guild master in WoW. Some people just have bad days i suppose
    If my friend did that i'd stop playing with them and tell him when he wants to act like an adult i'd be happy to play with him again.

They did fix quick cast behavior finnaly! So great news Ariadne.

If they would add option for AOE ground targetable spells to behave normally under quick cast. Like lina stun, kunka torrent

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    lol QWER noobs
    l2legacy get on my level 0/10
    I find qwer better than legacy for me. I used to play with legacy keys (cuz dota 1) but in dota 2, since you can bind a lot of stuff. some legacy keys would fk some bind.
    sadly I still fk up with invoker sometimes, because I have to remember which skills are 1st/2nd lol.

also quickcast is so good, I've pretty much everything on quick cast(skill and inventory) and for normal cast alt+same key for stuff like aim spells and TP/force staff
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-18 at 01:31 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    QWER is obviously more optimized than Legacy. I made the switch to QWER after like 20 games of Dota 2. Even Invoker is easier with QWER because you don't have to hit awkward keys like Y for Coldsnap or what it was. I probably could start playing with Legacy keys again after like 1 or 2 games. They're still in my muscle memory.

Biggest problem with Quick Cast I'm having after switching is that you have to aim first then press your key. Without Quick Cast it was always press key then aim then click.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-18 at 02:04 PM.

QWER is obviously more optimized than Legacy. I made the switch to QWER after like 20 games of Dota 2. Even Invoker is easier with QWER because you don't have to hit awkward keys like Y for Coldsnap or what it was. I probably could start playing with Legacy keys again after like 1 or 2 games. They're still in my muscle memory.

Biggest problem with Quick Cast I'm having after switching is that you have to aim first then press your key. Without Quick Cast it was always press key then aim then click.
    its "easy" to get used to it (also that's the point of quick cast xD), I haven't had a problem yet. you just need to remember that you have alt + same key for normal cast. which you need for tp/force staff/ skill shots
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-18 at 02:34 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    I gave up. It's losing me too many games to play with Quick Cast. You have to relearn every hero you know.

srsly? I had 0 problems with it, except few panic tps that I fked up. I really love it. it saves you a extra click
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    srsly? I had 0 problems with it, except few panic tps that I fked up. I really love it. it saves you a extra click
    It's hard to get used to because my spell casting is automatic by this point. Switching to Quick Cast forced me to think every time I wanted to cast a spell because I had to move the mouse there before I pressed my key. I never had to do that before. That applies to items like Dagon and spells like Laser too.

dude having things like dagon eb and blink on quick cast is the best thing ever. srsly, that's the first things I quick binded (also W when I play meepo). now I've everything with quickcast, but those things are the basic on.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Recently this RNG is killing. Like few games 4vs5 or 3vs5. Had a game with medusa AFK farming ancients for 35!!! min. WE 'finished' it by 30min...
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-18 at 10:10 PM.

When you get a Dusa farming ancients just tell the other team on all chat to ward it, so maybe your guy does something useful.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Isn't it sad that people talk about team mate RNG.

It really is like playing the slots.

Also I don't know if its just that I'm seeing him picked more and people finally realised how to play him but I really think Void needs some adjustments.

I think he was fine before the buff to chronosphere but now its just over the top. He's a cancerous fucking hero that in most cases is an insta-win.
    BKB just needs to make people immune to Chronosphere. Void is fine as he is (barring fucking bullshit Backtrack RNG - MKB reaaaaaally ought to work on that shit - and when I say work on that shit, I mean MKB carriers shouldn't be able to miss spells on him, either), but Chrono being uncounterable and having a gigantic radius is just fucking retarded. You can't effectively be in position for a teamfight without having at least 2-3 heroes in range of Bullshitsphere - having BKB make people immune to Chrono would go an extremely long way towards making Void less of an unbelievably cancerous hero.

I mean, sure, pros can just ban the purple piece of shit, but the rest of us have to deal with Void in literally every ranked AP game. It's almost as bad as Tinker spam, but at least 9/10 Tinkers in ranked games are so fucking bad at their FotM hero of choice that you can just punish them for being Tinker-pickers. Punishing a dirty Void-picker is not so easy.