The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Things i've learned today: Laguna blade'ing Void first (when he still has 100% health) is foolproof way to deal full damage of your ult while ignoring backtrack.
    Also, that things like Shallow Grave, Aphotic Shield, Refraction, Borrowed Time won't save you if you are nuked for damage exceeding your max health.
    How, where and why?

None of that seems credible to me, but I know dota is complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    How, where and why?

None of that seems credible to me, but I know dota is complex.
    Because of how triggered heal is implemented (the way to reduce/"negate" damage from attacks)
    I've found this article http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3555
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixed heal will be used
    Condition: (MaxHP-CurrentHP) < IncomingDamage

Incoming damage: 600
    Your max HP: 1000
    Your current HP: 500
    Triggered heal: 100% of the incoming damage.

1. Heal before damage: 500 + 500 = 1000
    2. Taking damage: 1000 - 600 = 400
    3. Heal after damage: 400 + 100 = 500

Final HP: 500
    Basically, if the incoming damage is greater than your max health, pre-heal won't be able to heal you up to sustain said damage, and will kill you.

I'm so fucking going to test this out when i get home.

Oh god, if Focus Fire heals enemy for 30% of taken damage and Backtrack heals Void for 100% of taken damage, does it mean that if Void backtracks Focus Fire attacks he heals for 130% of taken damage from that shot? Inb4 someone says me that this feature isn't implemented this way in dota 2
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-22 at 06:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

isnt that only for dota1, since its limited by the wc3 engine? im sure dota2 has alot more sofisticated coding to allow pretty much anything to do exactly like you want it to work

10+ Year Old Account
    Dota 2 wasn't made to "fix" dota, most limitations of dota engine pretty much was copied to dota 2 to keep it same game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    backtrack doesnt preheal in dota 2

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=59897
    So, did they changed all trigger heal effects to dynamic heal? Aka, the most interesting thing of Veil of discrod, Ethereal blade and Laguna blade being able to 1 shot heroes trigger healing abilities if damage exceeds his max health?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-22 at 06:54 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Pudge >>>>> SF

Get close to him early levels ? He's dead

Hook him ? He's dead

Manage to Ulti him ? He's dead

Deleted
    against a very very bad sf sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frud View Post
    wouldnt put my $$ on some pub TA spammer for valuable information
    I'm quite sure his TA is better than most pros'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm quite sure his TA is better than most pros'.
    Having watched his TA for a while, it's not so much just his TA as it's his laning mechanics that are absolutely impeccable. Don't get me wrong, I think he'd need at least a year to adjust to the pro scene if he went pro now, but I can't think of a single pro player I've seen with better pure laning mechanics than Dragonfist.

Deleted
    against a very very bad sf sure
    Every SF at 4k is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 1640 damage Laguna blade will kill abaddon and won't trigger auto-turn-on-ult, but same Laguna blade won't kill him if his ult is already popped up.
    Aaaand same goes for Shallow Grave, looks like trigger heals are able to heal heroes up to more than their max HP
    [11:45.14] Lina hits Dazzle with LAGUNA BLADE for 1640 damage (1641->1).
    That's what i've got from using it on level 1 dazzle.

Yea i think even a max range mirana arrows can kill abaddon if he's low enough. Just gotta hit him with a single instance of damage that is high enough to deal the 400hp ult threshold + however much hp he has on top of that.

Deleted
    had to watch this highly praised dragonfist guy, too bad replays expire after a week so could only catch one, which didnt seem to be any better than what you meet in your average high ranked pub on eu servers guess I could be wrong since it was just one game

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, 1640 damage Laguna blade will kill abaddon and won't trigger auto-turn-on-ult, but same Laguna blade won't kill him if his ult is already popped up.
    Aaaand same goes for Shallow Grave, looks like trigger heals are able to heal heroes up to more than their max HP
    [11:45.14] Lina hits Dazzle with LAGUNA BLADE for 1640 damage (1641->1).
    That's what i've got from using it on level 1 dazzle.
    Borrowed Time does not mitigate the strike that takes him below the threshold when left on autocast. Instead, it's any damage while he is already below the hp threshold.

In other words, if he has 401 hp and you do 200 damage he will be at 201 hp, but his ult won't trigger until next attack on him. However, it also means that if you do 401 damage (taking him to 0) he'll obviously just die outright.

Deleted
    had to watch this highly praised dragonfist guy, too bad replays expire after a week so could only catch one, which didnt seem to be any better than what you meet in your average high ranked pub on eu servers guess I could be wrong since it was just one game
    You're likely wrong. Granted, he has his off games, but his efficiency and control in lane is incredible, and he wins an inordinate amount of games despite having to basically play 1v1+2 in every mid matchup.

Pretty much. I mean it's hard to be bad after playing the same hero a million times, but he's probably the best ta in the na game and one of the most solid mid insta lock spammers (like tryhard falco/waveeee), even though he's shit poor when he plays any other role.

Deleted
    What game did you watch? http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/839495170 this one?

His winrate against most pros mid on his TA is above 70% I'd say. Arteezy gets slayed quite often by DragonFist's TA. Or this: http://www.twitch.tv/feardarkness/b/537993270?t=54m35s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What game did you watch? http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/839495170 this one?

His winrate against most pros mid on his TA is above 70% I'd say. Arteezy gets slayed quite often by DragonFist's TA. Or this: http://www.twitch.tv/feardarkness/b/537993270?t=54m35s
    Those kills Dragonfist gets with Psi Blades sometimes are just

I seem to recall him getting matched against RTZ Viper mid or something and suffice to say, lane was not ez4rtz.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Borrowed Time does not mitigate the strike that takes him below the threshold when left on autocast. Instead, it's any damage while he is already below the hp threshold.

In other words, if he has 401 hp and you do 200 damage he will be at 201 hp, but his ult won't trigger until next attack on him. However, it also means that if you do 401 damage (taking him to 0) he'll obviously just die outright.
    finally, a counter pick to those immortals 1k hp carry abbadon with Mom Vlad basher.

I also have been watchin dragonfist ta, pretty legit. and cool I've trying his build (Phase->drums->yasha->deso/manta ) pretty gud
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-22 at 05:34 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Funny story about Abaddon, I was really rocking as him once vs PA... Then one lucky crit and BOOM, no ult, just death. Ow.