Honestly, unless its a captain's mode or draft I think I'm going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Honestly, unless its a captain's mode or draft I think I'm going to do that.
    I know it sounds impractical at first, because of all the "Dota is a team game"/"Communication is important" bullshit, but once you get in the habit of instantly muting everyone rather than engaging in a verbal discussion you'll see how much less annoying of a game Dota is. You'll also start paying a lot more attention to the minimap and what's actually going on in the game, and focus on your own play, since there's no distractions in the chat.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-08-23 at 05:21 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I know it sounds impractical at first, because of all the "Dota is a team game"/"Communication is important" bullshit, but once you get in the habit of instantly muting everyone rather than engaging in a verbal discussion you'll see how much less annoying of a game Dota is. You'll also start paying a lot more attention to the minimap and what's actually going on in the game, and focus on your own play, since there's no distractions in the chat.
    I'd say it's a decent point to start off with too, rather than depending on hearing other's say "Missing mid" and stuff, you'll actually have to keep an eye out for mid missing. Gets you in the habit of not solely blaming your other team mate for your death, although I wish I had more team mates that realized that, I've gotten yelled at for not calling out missing on Nature's Prophet...like, there's a Nature's Prophet on the other team, you should know that he can port anywhere at any time and calling missing isn't gonna prevent that really. Although why Nature's Prophet was in lane was beyond me.

Disclaimer though, that was like, extremely long time ago. I make a habit of calling missing now a lot more. Usually it's the mid lane who gets yelled at for not calling missing, which I rarely play.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What went wrong? I'm Sven on Dire

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/851795968

Save me MMOC, 6 losses in a row now. Class starts on Monday and I'm scared because I've never gone to school outside the US before. Help.

- - - Updated - - -

shit make that 7 losses in a row. I seriously feel like MMR means nothing, I mean I wish my solo was as high as my team (3800 solo, 4300 team) but I just never felt like doing solo until I came to Japan and the timezone difference gave me nobody to queue with.

its fucked up yo
    Just a question, do you play with that Lion, or did you just happen to get a Lion who seems to have rush Agh's twice? o.o Personally I think Agh's on Lion is only really good with Magnus/Enigma/Dark Seer, which is probably what veiledy meant by it being a poor choice 19/20 times.

Personally, without watching a replay, maybe try setting up ganks more or something? Seems like the rest of your team struggled a bit to keep up in that Sven game, just going by levels/deaths, maybe going around might of helped a bit? I'll let Ariadne judge that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    How will DF do in competitive?
    Enemy will ban TA and he will disappear XD

It's commendable but until he starts beating Viper with Axe I'll try not to be impressed, winning mid with TA isn't particularly hard when she is immune to damage 90% of the time, which also makes her annoying to gank, almost impossible once she's 6 and has free wards everywhere.

That vod was entertaining but TA vs QoP is a classic argument and most seem to agree that QoP having sentries is a flat out requirement to stand a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    LOL that kill

How does shit like this make it to live
    Yeah how dare icefrog implement mechanics that allow you to kill your enemy by completely outplaying them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Enemy will ban TA and he will disappear XD

It's commendable but until he starts beating Viper with Axe I'll try not to be impressed, winning mid with TA isn't particularly hard when she is immune to damage 90% of the time, which also makes her annoying to gank, almost impossible once she's 6 and has free wards everywhere.

That vod was entertaining but TA vs QoP is a classic argument and most seem to agree that QoP having sentries is a flat out requirement to stand a shot.
    I mean, getting highest MMR in the world can't only be attributed to winning the lane I think.

And I mean, TA doesn't flat out win lane against most popular mids today. Razor shits on her. Brew does pretty well. Viper is good against her. Tinker isn't too bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yeah how dare icefrog implement mechanics that allow you to kill your enemy by completely outplaying them.
    Implying it's hard to kill a qop that's running away from you in a straight line and isn't blinking or doing anything otherwise intelligent and is in raw, "oh shit oh shit oh shit" panic mode.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just a question, do you play with that Lion, or did you just happen to get a Lion who seems to have rush Agh's twice? o.o Personally I think Agh's on Lion is only really good with Magnus/Enigma/Dark Seer, which is probably what veiledy meant by it being a poor choice 19/20 times.

Personally, without watching a replay, maybe try setting up ganks more or something? Seems like the rest of your team struggled a bit to keep up in that Sven game, just going by levels/deaths, maybe going around might of helped a bit? I'll let Ariadne judge that though.
    It's quite good against PL also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's quite good against PL also.
    Oh, and I suppose Meepo if you have a team who can't focus the one you nuke.

Deleted
    Implying it's hard to kill a qop that's running away from you in a straight line and isn't blinking or doing anything otherwise intelligent and is in raw, "oh shit oh shit oh shit" panic mode.
    Implying you can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, and I suppose Meepo if you have a team who can't focus the one you nuke.
    I was thinking about getting rid of fucking illusions and not giving a fuck about his dopplewalk. Also, iirc, hex and mana drain also destroys illusions
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I was thinking about getting rid of fucking illusions and not giving a fuck about his dopplewalk. Also, iirc, hex and mana drain also destroys illusions
    Yeah, I figured that's what you meant, I was just going along that train of thought onto other heroes that have multiple targets naturally.

And yes, you're right, hex destroys illusions, and Mana drain does too after .25 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying you can do it.
    I don't know why you go straight to that. Do you also use this ridiculous bullshit line of reasoning anytime anyone criticizes a professional soccer or football player's plays?

What about a professional race car driver?

What about academic pursuits?

Or maybe you can stop using shitty reasoning?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I don't know why you go straight to that. Do you also use this ridiculous bullshit line of reasoning anytime anyone criticizes a professional soccer or football player's plays?

What about a professional race car driver?

What about academic pursuits?

Or maybe you can stop using shitty reasoning?
    What do you mean? You're the one saying it's easy when most in here find that hard to do against a top mid player. So what conclusion should I jump to?

And yes, I'd use the same reasoning for other sports. If someone said that what Messi does is easy when he cut throughs the mid and scores then I'd like to see that person do it because else I don't see how he can call it easy.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-23 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus I gave ranked a break for a while after going up 200mmr which I was quite happy with. Now I'm kinda peeved at losing my last three. Its nice to know the tinker brigade is still providing mid heroes with free kills.

I'm getting rather sick of just seeing bad tinkers and people going jungle doom in every game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Jesus I gave ranked a break for a while after going up 200mmr which I was quite happy with. Now I'm kinda peeved at losing my last three. Its nice to know the tinker brigade is still providing mid heroes with free kills.

I'm getting rather sick of just seeing bad tinkers and people going jungle doom in every game.
    When I play, I usually prefer taking a solo offlane or jungle. If someone has already picked a offlane hero or stated that they wish to play a solo offlane, I tend to go with a jungler. I jungle doom when there is a solo offlaner and the enemy has some hero worth shutting down, like tinker or puck. It is slow and sorta painful, but I'm terrible with heroes like enigma and nature's prophet. Chen and Enchantress are even worse when I play them, I can't tab-cast worth a damn.

Ideally, I'd like to get level 3-4 and some farm before heading into the jungle, but those levels are the most important, because they are a core factor whether or not the solo laner is winning his lane.

What I do hate however, is when someone picks bloodseeker and goes into the jungle after everyone has picked for dual lanes. Nothing worse than a solo dazzle vs Lich and viper

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean? You're the one saying it's easy when most in here find that hard to do against a top mid player. So what conclusion should I jump to?

And yes, I'd use the same reasoning for other sports. If someone said that what Messi does is easy when he cut throughs the mid and scores then I'd like to see that person do it because else I don't see how he can call it easy.
    Because we're not talking about shitty 3500 MMR players, we're talking about supposedly the best of the best. But you'd figure "best of the best" wouldn't lock up and panic like that.

If you really go doom on jungle becouse of whatever reason. NEVER go midas unless you are certain that for next 40min you dont loose the game hard. Get fast bracer, finished boots and full drums and you will end up with more farm than first midas becouse of domino effect little items have on your farm.

In worst case scenario boots + drums let you get almost 100% kill with doom the moment you hit 6 and help lane hard.

Deleted
    Because we're not talking about shitty 3500 MMR players, we're talking about supposedly the best of the best. But you'd figure "best of the best" wouldn't lock up and panic like that.
    He got outplayed. It happens at any MMR or skill level. But you coming in saying it's easy is just ridiculous. It's like saying kicking a ball into a goal is easy then not being able to do it yourself. Who the fuck does that? And Fear didn't panic. He just didn't see the Psi Blades coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    If you really go doom on jungle becouse of whatever reason. NEVER go midas unless you are certain that for next 40min you dont loose the game hard. Get fast bracer, finished boots and full drums and you will end up with more farm than first midas becouse of domino effect little items have on your farm.

In worst case scenario boots + drums let you get almost 100% kill with doom the moment you hit 6 and help lane hard.
    I regret every time I don't go Midas on Doom.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-08-23 at 10:17 PM.

NObody said to skip midas, just dont rush it if you jungle becouse in the end you will end up with midas if you like in pretty reasonable time while not being liability for min. 10-12min and being able to help your lane the moment you get doom. I swear you are going ~ even this way.