Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Veil is nowhere near as good as Agh's for Veno. It's merely a poor man's version of it on that hero.
    Even if you had zero other magic damage on your team and you're getting incredible farm, I still would not agree with you. Aghs costs 34% more and doesn't increase the damage of gale. Gale+Nova damage with veil is almost the exact same as Gale+Nova damage with aghs, so you're potentially doing the same damage on multiple targets, but for much less money. Again this is not even factoring in the damage increase to your team.

Also aghs only reduces the cooldown of nova at level 16 (100 seconds to 60 seconds), so why rush something that you're not even going to get the full benefit out of until later in the game?

Veil lasts 25 seconds, usually helps every person on your team, costs less, and can be used if a teamfight is being forced within the 100 seconds veno ult is on cd.

In Conclusion: Poor man's aghs my ass.

dud aghs venom is 2 strong

venom rushing aghs after meka is fine, heroes like sk rushing aghs after blink its not the best idea, same for zeus (unless u can get aghs and refresher at min 25 and 1 shot every1), veil is really strong for them.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-27 at 01:58 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    When I played HoN Moonmeander pretty much was the living embodiment of everything wrong with MOBA games.
    That has basically been my reaction from everything I've read and watched about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    dud aghs venom is 2 strong

venom rushing aghs after meka is fine, heroes like sk rushing aghs after blink its not the best idea, same for zeus (unless u can get aghs and refresher at min 25 and 1 shot every1), veil is really strong for them.
    Oddly I'd rather have agh's for SK for the shorter cooldown, especially with people tending to play more aggressively having the shorter cd can be the difference between having epicenter for tower defense or not, even if it means lower theoretical max damage output.

Same with veno.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

aghanims scepter can also help you not die due to having 900 hp on most heroes you would build a veil on

Keep in mind, once you use your ult/other spells, most heroes you would build veil on have little left to provide to a team fight. Veno surviving for a couple more auto attacks isn't that big of a game changer. Venomancer's job is to get as many enemies as he can with his ult. Now, needless to say, this means he's going to be literally directly in the middle of the warzone. Because of this, he's prone to dying all the time anyways.

Then there's the cost. It's obviously going to have some stat advantages because it's way more expensive than veil. 1550 more gold usually means better stats.

Veil gives more damage than scepter on most heroes, it also gives armor which is the biggest weakness of most heroes that would buy it. SK and ES don't need the health from scepter so badly and veil is probably a better pick up for them, but, imo, both heroes should get none of the above and focus on real items. Sand King should be rushing shivas after blink to maximize his ultimate, ES should be getting either damage or more hard support like sheep to maximize the effect of his stun locking. Leave veil/scepter to heroes that can't do anything but do damage, like Veno or Thrall. Even Jakiro should be getting a Eul's first to guarantee ice path setups.

Also I don't see anyone mentioning that Veil doesn't just affect your spells, it helps all your magic damage dealers, so that's why I think it could beat out a Agh's depending on your team comp.

Everyone on complexity's sG team is 100% socially retarded HoN trash. Can't wait for it to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Everyone on complexity's sG team is 100% socially retarded HoN trash. Can't wait for it to fall apart.
    there is no need for this type of language

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Any Blink hero with Tiny is sick. Magnus is no exclusion. Tho Cent is a bit better. Cent + Tusk is best tho.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

thrall would've been better to get a blink and/or scepter for aoe doom I think. veno if played as a core, arcane meka aghs is the most common

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    hon trash are pretty good at doto. that team has a lot of potential, but that's it. look at that new standin alliance got Chessie hon star
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-08-28 at 12:11 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    http://youtu.be/KAUN5BrGU1U?t=2m23s old meta ;d
    Which i hope is not going back
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-08-28 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    http://youtu.be/KAUN5BrGU1U?t=2m23s old meta ;d
    Which i hope is not going back
    That's it, when Techies are release I am so going into pubs with my friend and doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's it, when Techies are release I am so going into pubs with my friend and doing that.
    And, iirc, execution of these guys are quite bad, because you could just auto-cast suicide (it changes your AA to use suicide) right click on enemy while being tossed and as soon as you land, boom, instant kill. Also it's one of easiest ways to get FB on middle lane at level 1.

Also, when i've watched techies being played on TI4 (or somehwere else, i can't recall right now), isn't range of ult, damage of it and radius of damage is HUGE compared to what it is in allstars dota?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And, iirc, execution of these guys are quite bad, because you could just auto-cast suicide (it changes your AA to use suicide) right click on enemy while being tossed and as soon as you land, boom, instant kill. Also it's one of easiest ways to get FB on middle lane at level 1.

Also, when i've watched techies being played on TI4 (or somehwere else, i can't recall right now), isn't range of ult, damage of it and radius of damage is HUGE compared to what it is in allstars dota?
    Techies was played by Arteezy as far as I know during the internationals as a preview match or something, I don't know. I didn't get to see it honestly, so I still have yet to see Techies in Dota 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah the remote mines radius looks to be huge in Dota 2.

I still can't believe they gave the hero to RTZ. He didn't have a clue how to play it. Turned from excitement to utter boredom in minutes. Wasn't he shitting his diapers when the hero first came out?
    Seemed like most everyone was playing heroes that they had no effing clue how to play. Would've been great if those games had been a bo3 so that everyone had time to pick more heroes or become more comfortable with the heroes they wanted to play.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why do people seem to ignore Veil of Discord except on Sand King? Such a godly item now.
    Its solid on skywrath as well and you can easily get it as a support. E+veil and a person goes "pop!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Techies stun bomb thing is actually his best ability. At least mid-late, because every thing else is shit.

Looking at that 5v5 all techies game Dotacinema did.

At least, that's what i am gathering.

Not a very reliable sample, but that's pretty much all we got so far.