Idk, I think 16 charges should generally be enough. By the end of those charges the outcome should be clear I'd think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Idk, I think 16 charges should generally be enough. By the end of those charges the outcome should be clear I'd think.
    Depends. A lot of times heroes like Riki etc will be using those charges as part of ganks and kills in addition to pulling double duty as a solution to Repel and GA. It's already pretty easy to burn through your charges in an average game just ganking and fighting, if you're aggressive.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I'd much rather buy Force Staff than Blink on Drow. Force Staff will literally enable your ultimate every single time. Always. But most of the time neither are really necessary. Casual Yasha will make you outrun everyone, and speeds up your farm more than both. Plus if you get Yasha first you don't need lifesteal early, because you kill jungle creeps so fast that they don't get to hit you at all, and if someone tries to gank you alone you can turn it around with Gust and run him down. Yasha's MS is really godlike on Drow/Luna.
    blink is way too good tbh.. I've never bought a force staff on drow yet.. blink works like a yasha aswell, helps you farm a ton, splitpush, get a good position for silence -> insane dps. if the enemy jumps too much on me, I just would go bkb.. and the reason sometimes i get mom its because the mobility.. even with yasha you're still slow as fuck. i think drow dont need dmg tbh, you have to get "utility" items linkens/manta-syy/mom/blink/bkb/mkb

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It really doesn't. It just makes Repel balanced instead of gamebreakingly overpowered. Until someone on your team wastes 3800 gold on Diffusal Blade, enemy carry gets a free 12 second BKB. By time you get the Diffusal Blade... well, they probably have a real BKB by now, except they don't have to waste their early charges on unimportant things, because they have Repel for that.

It's also worth noting that most heroes that want Diffusal Blade want it so they can purge their target so they can keep pounding on them - old PL, Riki, Spectre, etc. Now it's either purge the Repel/GA off someone your team needs to focus/interrupt, or purge your target. There's a cooldown on the purge, so you can't do both.

You also can't reload diffusal blade. You get 16 total charges across both versions and can't refresh it - you'll have to build and buy a completely new one.

Best solution to enemy Omni is Rubick, SD, or Panda. Rubick with Agh's looooooooooves Omni. Or just ban Omni since, once you know how he works, you can probably see an Omni-centric lineup coming a mile away (and you can't draft Omni early because he'll get counterpicked.)
    you just diffusal omni's ulti, I dont find him op just annoying because people barely get a diffusal to counter him
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-10-09 at 12:22 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    blink is way too good tbh.. I've never bought a force staff on drow yet.. blink works like a yasha aswell, helps you farm a ton, splitpush, get a good position for silence -> insane dps. if the enemy jumps too much on me, I just would go bkb.. and the reason sometimes i get mom its because the mobility.. even with yasha you're still slow as fuck. i think drow dont need dmg tbh, you have to get "utility" items linkens/manta-syy/mom/blink/bkb/mkb

- - - Updated - - -

you just diffusal omni's ulti, I dont find him op just annoying because people barely get a diffusal to counter him
    Omni's ulti affects his entire team.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

you dispel the hero you're focusing or run lol
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but that leaves the rest of the team immune to your damage. And who do you purge? Bane has your carry gripped and has repel. You could purge repel to stun him and free your carry.

Or you could purge GA on the enemy carry so you can kill them.

Or you could purge the guy with a 700 gold win streak racked up to secure the kill on them.

Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sure, but that leaves the rest of the team immune to your damage. And who do you purge? Bane has your carry gripped and has repel. You could purge repel to stun him and free your carry.

Or you could purge GA on the enemy carry so you can kill them.

Or you could purge the guy with a 700 gold win streak racked up to secure the kill on them.

Pick one.
    Get Diffusal on entire team.

Do all of that.

Laugh because no one expected team Diffusal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that someone who gets diffusal will use it ONLY in case if enemy team uses GA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I really doubt that someone who gets diffusal will use it ONLY in case if enemy team uses GA.
    Exactly, the element of surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And they must hide all 5 diffsals in courier and carry him around in shadows, and as soon as GA is used, BAM, take your diff blade and purge designated enemy. SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And they must hide all 5 diffsals in courier and carry him around in shadows, and as soon as GA is used, BAM, take your diff blade and purge designated enemy. SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Oh you know it would be the most amazing thing you've ever seen in Dota if that happened!

I think the best I've seen so far was that one video, I forget who did it, but they all rushed boots of travel and would just keep porting to Beastmaster's bird and trying to gank the person alone.

well perfect scenarios can make omni op, but as we can see he barely is picked nor has 100% w/r
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    well perfect scenarios can make omni op, but as we can see he barely is picked nor has 100% w/r
    Yeah, but your idea of countering him just by building diff blade is ridiculous, what about the person with diff blade being out of range? Or out of position? Or CCed? Or he used all his diff blade stack on dispelling other stuff, or dispelling wrong target?

Omni won't have 100% win rate, but he is strong pick for second support for certain match ups, too bad that majority of (my) games implies that i am solo support and i (happily) play WD, Dazzle of Ogre Magi.

Here comes the omni vs diffusal argument again. please force this argument for a third time. please do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, but then they all get Dagon and counter team Diffusal with team Dagon.

Omni is OP in pretty much any situation where the enemy team has not drafted a hero or heroes appropriate for controlling Omni. Potential 12 sec BKB at level 7 is ridiculously powerful.

And winrates have very, very little to do with whether or not a hero is good or not.

Deleted
    Omni is good in team fights but shit in lane, thats pretty much all there is to say.

The dotabuff rankings have done wounders for my ego amoung my friends, even if it isn't 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    How do you deal with matches like this? :/

Felt like such a trainwreck, but we scraped together the beef to kick back until Lifestealer began to get into things more...
    Only 1 BKB on your whole team against an Invoker (the guy you played against has a decent winrate/KDA, lower than mine but quite above average) generally means he can single-handedly win any teamfight that occurs. And by the time his dmg started falling off Naix could prolly 2 shot you.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Only 1 BKB on your whole team against an Invoker (the guy you played against has a decent winrate/KDA, lower than mine but quite above average) generally means he can single-handedly win any teamfight that occurs. And by the time his dmg started falling off Naix could prolly 2 shot you.
    and invoker is f-ing ridiculous right now with a piss easy combo meaning you can pwn hard using just 2 spells.

holy shit why viper is still in the game? such annoying hero, I was playing tiny vs him.. I did well vs him mid and i rekt mid game. but late game lmao, I was 6 slotted and they (Viper, DK, Storm spirit) would kite me all around. they ignored my mantas illusion usually, they did more dmg than me in that game I bet lol
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think Razor just thanks the Omni for the free damage while his ultimate is killing Omniknight unless Omni wants to use both Repel and Guardian on himself all to just slow down the Razor a bit.
    Even if Razor had 3 rapiers and a full stack static charge and refresher scepter he would still do 0 damage to Omniknight (and his entire team). Fair is fair after all. I don't see how a self-repel on Omni is a waste when it allows you to make sure you keep your aura on as many enemies as possible - preventing them both from escaping and also from chasing your team. Ever tried to be a melee carry and kill Omni or anyone else on his team? It's impossible. I'd say BKB is the magic solution to everything but in the case of GA it actually isn't. BKB AND diffusal, maybe, but diffusal is an awfully expensive counter if you don't have a hero that can actually use the stats on it, and it only works on one hero.

His aura just needs to get nerfed, that's all. Passive disables are lame. It was still strong when it was half the strength that it is now.

@EqualWin
    "blink works like yasha too"
    I think that's the biggest problem I have with it. Since the mana cost got removed you can spam it on cooldown and it's effectively a movespeed item now. And I don't actually have a problem with THAT, it's more that the cooldown is so low you don't even have to consider if it'll be up in time just in case you make a bad blink. It's the same boat Shadow Blade was in before its cooldown got nerfed - you can use it and run in and wait until the last few seconds of the invis because by the time the enemies jump on you it's back up. That made SB low risk and easy to spam all the time and Blink feels the exact same now.

Blinked over a hill and into smoked enemy team? No problem, just run around the corner out of sight for 3 seconds and it's back up already.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-10-09 at 03:20 PM.