10+ Year Old Account
    i'd be careful with the modright extensions, all four of my 8 pin extensions and my 24 pin extension failed, im not saying you'll have the same experience, but i'll never order anything from them again

That's a good enough reason for me not to buy them, in my opinion. I think I am gonna order the BitFenix 6 and 8 pins from PerformancePCs and the BitFenix 24 pin from FrozenCPU.

Edit: Done. Now all that's left is the CPU. My watercooling parts came today, I'll be sure to snap a picture when I get home.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-18 at 05:21 PM.

Hnnnngh. Trying to find a way to get VRM cooling for when I buy the Accelero Xtreme and the GTX 690.
    Doesn't seem likely.

Deleted
    Some parts arrived today and I couldn't resist...

z77 Fatal1ty, AX750 I'm guessing?
    Anything I'm missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm drooling over the case Marest, mind coming up with a name? :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I'm drooling over the case Marest, mind coming up with a name? :P
    If at Marest, it's the Silverstone Fortress FT02, and it is availible in, at least, Sweden. I checked both komplett.dk and dustin.dk, but no luck.

-EDIT- Success. http://www.proshop.dk/Products/Produ...one%20fortress (I'd avoid the FT03; it's mATX)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-04-18 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have any thoughts on me modding a TJ07 and doing a reverse atx build? looks pretty nice from what ive seen even though it is a pretty old case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyq View Post
    anyone have any thoughts on me modding a TJ07 and doing a reverse atx build? looks pretty nice from what ive seen even though it is a pretty old case.
    the TJ07 and TJ11 are some of the most heavily modded cases out there, so there is tons of support for them, but what i've seen, community support for the TJ07 is starting to wane as it is shifting more towards the TJ11 and RVN cases

but if you are thinking about the TJ07, now would be the time to buy it and the mods you want, as most will not be available in a few years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the TJ07 and TJ11 are some of the most heavily modded cases out there, so there is tons of support for them, but what i've seen, community support for the TJ07 is starting to wane as it is shifting more towards the TJ11 and RVN cases

but if you are thinking about the TJ07, now would be the time to buy it and the mods you want, as most will not be available in a few years
    Yeah im having a hard time trying to find a motherboard tray that has a hole in it.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a super sexy set up there so far Marest.

10+ Year Old Account
    My parts are starting to come in. Decided to not get a GTX 680 Hydro Copper after all and grabbed two GTX 580 hydro coppers instead, ended up spending $900 for both, instead of the $700 ish for the 680. So far my vertex 3 120gb SSD, 2TB HDD, 2500k and TJ07 came in. Anxiously waiting on my,ram,580s and water cooling parts. Edit: When I woke up today, my mobo was sitting in the garage waiting for me. So tempted to start putting it together.
    Last edited by Sartharias; 2012-04-19 at 04:49 PM.

Great, TTL says "winners will be announced on the forum"...I wonder if he will still do that if the page is down because millions of people are trying to access it at once >.>

Haha, I noticed that it won't load. I didn't sign up for it, but I was gonna check anyway.

Site isn't down right now, just EXTREEEEEEEEEMLY slow. Feels like 56kb/s internet all over again *shudders*

---

Nope, totally crashed now.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-04-19 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah was just looking at my arc midi sitting there today and noticed that the 2 side panels looked to be fairly identical. And yep after trying it seems that the 'blank' side (without the hole for a fan) fits just fine on the other side (left from the front). I guess that means that one hole wont be dictating which side I put my computer on any more ^^

Might be handy too, to have the hole sitting away from the airflow behind the mobo tray. Cant figure out in my head if that would mean more or less dust going into the case with nothing blocking the hole up xD

When is the next gen of stuff / price drops due to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    When is the next gen of stuff / price drops due to happen?
    A tad vague there buddy o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    A tad vague there buddy o_O
    Sorry, I thought there was supposed to be new types of CPUs and price drops of the old things somewhat frequently (months) and I was wondering when the next wave is speculated to come out.

Also unrelated, Do people build their own laptops? or just desktops? I built my computer, but I didn't know if anyone built their own laptops and how much harder that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Sorry, I thought there was supposed to be new types of CPUs and price drops of the old things somewhat frequently (months) and I was wondering when the next wave is speculated to come out.

Also unrelated, Do people build their own laptops? or just desktops? I built my computer, but I didn't know if anyone built their own laptops and how much harder that is.
    I believe you are referring to Intel's Ivy Bridge chipset and processors. The chipsets (mainboards) are out currently in both desktop and laptops. The Ivy Bridge mainboards (Z77 for example) are backwards compatible with the Sandy Bridge processors (LGA1155 sockets) and the Ivy Bridge processors (3rd gen intel processors) should be released in about another week or two.

Concerning laptops, people don't "build their own" per say but you can get customized laptops from resellers like Malibal PC, XoticPC, Gentechpc and powernotebooks.com. They will build to order and most of the laptops they sell can be upgraded to some degree in the future (mainly MSI and Sager/Clevo). You, the end user, can swap the CPU, RAM, drives, wireless adapter, and yes even some models can have the graphics cards upgraded as well. Better offerings than Alienware in my opinion and crazy easy to work on and modify.
    You can find some people doing crazy mods to their laptops such as heatsink modifications, and BIOS flashing and vBIOS flashing to get the most performance out of their laptops.
    I'll be ordering a Sager NP9170 myself soon, that thing is powerful for a 17" but Sager has an offering with a hex-core desktop CPU that is being delayed until next month that can be had with dual video cards in SLI configuration.