Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Also no option to get an AMD card (for those who prefer).
    Yeah I noticed that yesterday when I was browsing their website. What's up with that?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Yeah I noticed that yesterday when I was browsing their website. What's up with that?
    They went nVidia-exclusive a while back due to a whole bunch of factors.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20521...eo-cards-.html
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Just in case anybody missed this on /r/hardware ....

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2439_wyti...set_new_record
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

They went nVidia-exclusive a while back due to a whole bunch of factors.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20521...eo-cards-.html
    Thanks for the link. It sure sucks for customers who prefer AMD over Nvidia and want to make an AMD build using Origin. :/
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my NZXT lighting kit has started to flicker on max brightness, also it seems like a couple of the LED's have faded/died. Oh well, didn't expect it to last more than 1-2 years given how dirt-cheap it was.

More worryingly, the Corsair AF120 rear exhaust has started to make a weird ringing sound at lowest voltage. That's...not so excusable. My CoolerMaster Megaflow 200mm intake is still going strong after 2 years, what's your excuse Corsair?

Determined to overhaul my case to something from Fractal + go all-out with Noctua fans next time I feel like rewarding myself. Noctua fans still look like absolute ass, but I value silence + quality too much to care now. Grr grr.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-02-12 at 06:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    Just in case anybody missed this on /r/hardware ....

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2439_wyti...set_new_record
    Cool... but it's not really a notebook anymore when you have those big desktop-size coolers on their. =S

It's cool they got notebook-level hardware to overclock to that, but not in a notebook environment, so eh. Partially exciting, partially not. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Well my NZXT lighting kit has started to flicker on max brightness, also it seems like a couple of the LED's have faded/died. Oh well, didn't expect it to last more than 1-2 years given how dirt-cheap it was.

More worryingly, the Corsair AF120 rear exhaust has started to make a weird ringing sound at lowest voltage. That's...not so excusable. My CoolerMaster Megaflow 200mm intake is still going strong after 2 years, what's your excuse Corsair?

Determined to overhaul my case to something from Fractal + go all-out with Noctua fans next time I feel like rewarding myself. Noctua fans still look like absolute ass, but I value silence + quality too much to care now. Grr grr.
    Seems like Corsair can't make anything lately without it dying in a matter of a year or less. Cyanotical told me how many things he's seen from Corsair die in relatively similar fashions owned and treated differently by different people. Sigh. Corsair was going so strong for a while too.

I will mention my Xigmatek 140mm rear exhaust fan is still going silently strong after a whopping near 3 years now! It's in the front of my Fractal Design Define R4 though, so now it is an intake. The Fractal fans are bloody silent as well! All running on 5v via the case's included fan controller. I guess they don't make the Xigmatek anymore, but there is one very similar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233031
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It's funny Xuvial, I'm having the exact same issue with my SP120s. It started about a month ago. Starting from the next build and beyond, I'll be doing exactly the same. Screw the color, at least they know how to make a proper, true quality fan that won't make any weird noises in the long run. I'll be looking at no one but Noctua for fans in general, Fractal & NZXT for cases, Seasonic for PSUs etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noctua or Be Quiet!. BQ uses some high quality bearings aswell. Pulled a PSU fan out of my (killed, own fault) Pure Power PSU that had been running almost non-stop for 2 years. Put it on 7v and held it to my ear, no ringing/squeaking or wirring. Same for my Advanced C1 (which had the same Silent Wings series fan on it).

So if you really dislike the looks of noctua. I can vouche for Be Quiet! fans being a very good alternative. They're german though, so i dont know about availability.

Agree on the Corsair fans, they're shit. Motors make lots of noise and the bearings are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    Meshuggah's drummer does not play on a digital kit. He uses Sonor shells. I Idolize the guy for his play style. Amazing, he is.
    <3
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-13 at 01:39 AM.

They're german though, so i dont know about availability.
    Noctua is just across the border in Austria, so I don't think that'll make much of a difference
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-02-13 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many damn Anti-Windows 8 posts lately, it's ridiculous.
    Some of them look borderline amish, how vigorously they object change/advancements in technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    So many damn Anti-Windows 8 posts lately, it's ridiculous.
    Some of them look borderline amish, how vigorously they object change/advancements in technology.
    Please don't get me started on my bitter hate for Windows 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Please don't get me started on my bitter hate for Windows 8.
    I won't, believe me. I can't be arsed to hear a list of why it's bad or good, because by now everyone has made up their mind about it. It just shocks me how many people genuinly hate Windows 8. I feel like 95% of the hate is bandwagon-behaviour, ignorance or people's instinctual dislike for renewal. And like 5% is people actually having issues (often niches or outdated programms) with it.

I'm just too lazy to install it

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Etc.
    And my spite for it is neither out of bandwagoning, or it "advancing the tech" or anything rubbish like that. Because imo W8 does none of that to begin with. It just goes ahead and takes a big, fat dump on everything to do with interface design.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm just too lazy to install it
    Basically.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And my spite for it is neither out of bandwagoning, or it "advancing the tech" or anything rubbish like that. Because imo W8 does none of that to begin with. It just goes ahead and takes a big, fat dump on everything to do with interface design.
    This is the reason that I don't like it. I tried it and it is too much of a big step. I could see it being useful on a tablet, but a desktop computer? It does not suite it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Finally received my Maxkeyboard keycap set and installed them on my Logitech G710+.

http://i.imgur.com/M5EvyB9.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god...what were they thinking :S

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Finally received my Maxkeyboard keycap set and installed them on my Logitech G710+.

http://i.imgur.com/M5EvyB9.jpg
    Well that just looks...other-wordly :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-02-20 at 12:49 AM.

Benchmarking with V-Sync active?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Benchmarking with V-Sync active?
    The game is very strange in that aspect...disabling vSync LOCKS the framerate, enabling vSync seems to do something else...also depends on what your driver (control panel) vSync is set to, forced on/off or ingame setting.

The devs have definitely borked something with the ingame vSync setting. Also apparently mouse sensitivity is tied to the FPS.

This is one game where I'm having a hard time understanding whether Respawn genuinely care for PC players (at least FoV and textures are better)...or whether they are content with a shoddy console port.