Deleted
    So what you guys think, is there a posibility i may not have enough power for a 4.4-4.6 overclock? Cause i'll have to return the psu tomorrow if i still can..

It needs to be mentioned that sometimes a pump might be a source of noise as well, but for your average AIO it shouldn't be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It needs to be mentioned that sometimes a pump might be a source of noise as well, but for your average AIO it shouldn't be a thing.
    If you have a mechanical hard-drive it'll probably make more noise than a pump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    So what you guys think, is there a posibility i may not have enough power for a 4.4-4.6 overclock? Cause i'll have to return the psu tomorrow if i still can..
    Pretty sure you've got your settings wrong. If you think it's just about setting multiplier and adding Vcore, you're wrong. I'd get a guide if i were you.

Deleted
    I know how to overclock, i dont consider myself expert obviously, so thats not the problem. Mostly what is new from the previous sockets is the power savings on haswell the other usual stuff is pretty much the same. The deal is at 4.4 i think it was during stress cpu wattage was showing as ~100-105watt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Ok so build my new rig, got o/s etc on and ready for overclocking. Two things, asus ai suite doesnt work with corsair h100i. No conflicts between them but asus suite wont see fans/temps from the pump. Another thing, is it me or the fans of the h100i are awefull? at performance mode my pc sounds like a jumbo jet lifting off next to you, even at quiet mode its audible. Any recommendations how to set the corsair link software? I guess i have to get some other static pressure fans for the radiator? (noctua?)
    Have always been on air till now, 1st time on water...
    The stock fans kinda produce at any speed even at 500rpm a grinding noise, theyre never quiet. Also AI suite 2 cant detect the speed of your fans that you have connected to the pump. The sata and the 3pin header are together just a regular 3pin fan cable, one being the ground I think the other power which form together the sata plug and the 3rd that goes into your board is just the sense cable that just reports the pump's speed. AI suite is neither capable of reading the pump's temperature. The pump alone can't get an idea of the cpu temps because the sense cable just gives its information in oneway.

The pump just controls the fan speed based on the liquid temp, not on the cpu temp thats maybe why you see the fans barely ramping up on Ivybridge/haswell cpu's because they're not dumping enough heat in the waterblock.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

So I think I've found the limit of 8 gigs of ram :P

2 Firefox windows with a total of 85 tabs, skype, spotify while running ESO. I need to buy more ram haha.

inb4 close all the tabs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Well using Corsair link shows the cpu temp coming from the pump additionally to all the other info, mobo+fans speeds, gpu/mobo/hdd temp. That is since the pump is connected to both fans and then to mobo-cpu fan slot + mobo usb.

Hey, sorry to bump...

I have an extremely old machine and will probably be going for an update soon, I plan on getting an i5. Does anyone know if broadwell would be worth waiting for in comparison to just getting a 4670k build now ? I also hear it will require mobos on the h97,Z97 chipset so i wouldn't be able to upgrade without getting a newer mobo.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2014-05-01 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you have a mechanical hard-drive it'll probably make more noise than a pump.
    A D5 at setting 2 and a mechanical drive is a bit hard to compare. If you're talking about a mechanical drive doing some small maintenance or stuff they're pretty level, if we're talking about it going full blast then it's definitely noisier, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hey, sorry to bump...

I have an extremely old machine and will probably be going for an update soon, I plan on getting an i5. Does anyone know if broadwell would be worth waiting for in comparison to just getting a 4670k build now ? I also hear it will require mobos on the h97,Z97 chipset so i wouldn't be able to upgrade without getting a newer mobo.
    Don't get caught-up in the waiting game, especially with CPUs which seem to be progressing at snail's pace nowadays. 4670K was like 5% faster than 3570K, which was in turn 5-10% faster than 2500K. Once fully overclocked the differences become even less relevant.

I would say go with an i7 if you're planning to play any heavy games, the future seems to favour lots of threads. E.g. if you bought a 4770K right now then I highly doubt Broadwell will have anything in particular that will make you go "omg I should've waited". Not to mention game developers, AMD and nVidia are all finding ways to load more work onto the GPU and less on the CPU.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Well, the new processors are releasing within 1-2 months that I've heard, so if you're not in a hurry I wouldn't have minded waiting for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    they aren't broadwell though, a simple 100Mhz bump on most chips, the only notable things are the anniversary Pentium and Devils Canyon, everything else can be ignored

15+ Year Old Account
    So they didn't get around fixing the TIM?

Well, wait around till May 11th from what I hear, since an NDA's up then from what I've heard.

Deleted
    Some first impressions from Aerocool's Dead Silence case, about airflow, in case anyone is interested in it, or a friend likes it. After a 2-3weeks that i have it, its awesome. With an ambient temperature around 19C, stressing with Aida64 cpu at 4.4, memory and gpu all at the same time it run decently cool. Front default 200m case fan and a noctua 140mm at the back both pulling air in, and h100i at top with default fans (still) pushing air from bottom of radiator out the top, i get 60-65 on the i5 top temp at 69, mobo at ~41 and the gtx770 78-80.

This is actually my first mini-micro build on those small box(y) cases, coming from the usual itx and full tower cases i must say i didnt expect as good airflow, considering the values above are during stress and wont be happening ever. I am really curious to see what it will be during summer here in Greece when its actually hot

Holy shit.

So after what, 12 years (?) (A bunch of years, anyways) of using a 1280x1024 monitor , I got a 1920x1080.

What. A. Difference.

How did I live without this? <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Holy shit.

So after what, 12 years (?) (A bunch of years, anyways) of using a 1280x1024 monitor , I got a 1920x1080.

What. A. Difference.

Try to go to a 1080 to a 1440p.....going to 4k is going to be mind blowing...

Okay guys I seem to have a failing mobile hard drive, after I back up my data(which seems to be hard right now) should I try to use my warranty?(I need to check when I got it). Anything else that could help a failing hard drive?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.

What. A. Difference.

Damn o_O
    I guess better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay guys I seem to have a failing mobile hard drive, after I back up my data(which seems to be hard right now) should I try to use my warranty?(I need to check when I got it). Anything else that could help a failing hard drive?
    Failing as in...data corruption? Device not recognizing? Anything along those lines, get it replaced. IMO even if you could do something, would you? You should be getting a 100% functional drive dammit.

I buy all my drives from local stores because something starts to fail, it's simply a 10-20 minute drive to the store where I can throw the drive at them (gently) and get a replacement one.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-05-07 at 02:24 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit.

What. A. Difference.

Glad to hear you like it
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory