10+ Year Old Account
    itunes match scans your library and essentially tags anything it recognizes as purchased, it then uploads anything it doesn't know, it recognized about 95% of my library, even "acquired" files, its $25 a year, and gives you ad-free itunes radio, which isn't bad as a service (itunes radio sucks, but that wasn't why i purchased match)

it also auto adds any cd you put in that it recognizes, so you don't even have to rip it, insert cd, let it add it to match, play on phone, the only downside is that when it plays a song, it downloads it to your phone, so i have to go in and clean up my phone every once in a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    iTunes radio doesn't work for accounts outside of the US but that's not a feature I was particularly interested in.
    you're not missing anything, trust me

i wonder if the 25k limit is non matched songs or total, my collection is around 60k songs, and most of it is playable on my phone, though im not going to go through and check, but even if it is for total, as soon as i get a new nas in im standing up another subsonic server which eliminates that problem anyway

edit:
    http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    cloud, i put my entire music collection on itunes match, my iphone is only 16gb but has access to over 2tb of music
    As I said earlier, access to more than 1GB of total data transfer per month goes beyond "arm and leg" territory here. So that isn't an option. A decent amount of off-line storage is non-negotiable for me, and 16GB of storage isn't enough when some of that is swallowed up by the operating system.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-10-04 at 07:45 AM.

Itunes is the reason I could never ever get an Iphone. I tried using it for a period somewhere in 2002-2004 (not sure), but I just found it repulsive and it is now forever branded as malware in my brain. :P Well, that and the (perceived?) super-small batteries and the hardware buttons having ill repute.

I am planning an Ipad Air 2 though. I just hope I do not have to get Itunes on my computer with it. :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I am planning an Ipad Air 2 though. I just hope I do not have to get Itunes on my computer with it. :[
    nah, you can use any iOS device without itunes, the only reason i installed it was to make secondary backups, but you could buy a device and never once use itunes

nah, you can use any iOS device without itunes, the only reason i installed it was to make secondary backups, but you could buy a device and never once use itunes
    Do I still have to use it to transfer files? I remember people coming FROM Ios saying they are amazed that it's just "drop and forget". I mean, it wouldn't be terribly awful to connect it to wifi and use Dropbox as a medium, but still, it's something I'm slightly less used to, and experience tend to trump that.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Adobe Director is pretty much the only option for Shockwave.

It's not exactly an open and well documented format so unless you're working for minimum wage it doesn't make sense to try and save $300 and skip the standard editor.
    I wouldn't be paying for it anyway, the company would be. Thanks, I'll look into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually this is not true. A few of the old ones need to be updated to not use it, or can not because Apple will not let old models get some new updates.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

New screen has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

New screen has arrived
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Looks good Wries, first impressions?

After being torn with between 1440p or just a plain 1080p and the prices over here the last few weeks, i ended up ordering a u2414h and a mini R2 last night. The 2460x1080 was temping as well, but since i prefer a 2monitor setup that wouldn't work too well. (was tempted with the corsair sleeved kit, but damn 90euros for it and half the cables would stay unused).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Looks good Wries, first impressions?

After being torn with between 1440p or just a plain 1080p and the prices over here the last few weeks, i ended up ordering a u2414h and a mini R2 last night. The 2460x1080 was temping as well, but since i prefer a 2monitor setup that wouldn't work too well. (was tempted with the corsair sleeved kit, but damn 90euros for it and half the cables would stay unused).
    I like it! It's the 3440x1440 34-inch LG 34UM95-P. At first I was a bit mad because it showed quite significant backlight bleed. But it turned out the bottom list is pressing on the screen too hard and can be loosened (it's some sort of click-lock mechanism every 3 cm or so along the list), so I did that and the bleed pretty much disappeared.

Went from 3840x1080 (dual 1080 screens) to this and the new screen alone offers more workspace than the previous setup. But the ability to truly take an application (read: games!!) to fill up the entire area is awesome as well. The LG IPS 236V on the wall is also still connected to the PC through a long HDMI-cable, so I got 1920x1080 more pixels to play with over there as well. Usually the "youtube"-monitor

Gonna put up some proper pictures of it in the gaming setup thread eventually. My phone camera is shitty in low light so it will take some careful lighting and light photoshop to justify just how good this thing looks.

So thinking of getting this. Any thoughts for or against? That's the cheapest one I could find of the new-gen cards. Starting a new job so will have extra cash to finally update my gpu.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Never seen that manufacturer here, so can't say i am in favor or against it, seems close to stock clocks tho. Personally if i was going for gtx970 i would go all the way for the known brands, my favs being gigabyte and asus, i see those are +100 aud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Never seen that manufacturer here, so can't say i am in favor or against it, seems close to stock clocks tho. Personally if i was going for gtx970 i would go all the way for the known brands, my favs being gigabyte and asus, i see those are +100 aud.
    It's Galaxy/KFA2, renaming themselves to "Galax" in all regions from now on. So they're sort of known

But the cooler looks.. bad. It might not be, good blower style coolers do exist and they do have their benefits. Can't find a review of that model and I'd guess that's due to that'd perform bad compared to competing open-air coolers and that Galax decided not to send out any review samples of it. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It's Galaxy/KFA2, renaming themselves to "Galax" in all regions from now on. So they're sort of known
    Yeah ok, Galaxy works ( or "worked"), still this has never been here . From the smaller brands have seen palit, club3d, pny, zotac even inno3d now lol.

The cooler is the stock 670 cooler we saw. It should be more than sufficient and quiet.

I don't like the cooler.
    Otherwise, no issues.