10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No that makes less sense. Why is an MS guest on stage, lol
    With Nadela's apparent philosophy of bringing MS back to it's roots (a Software company), this isn't exactly strange if you look from the MS perspective.

But the other side is Apple, Apple is trying to fight MS since ever, they're known for making jokes about MS at their presentations and now we have MS at stage?

The entire audience laughed when the main presenter said "And now let's talk about productivity, you know who is really good at productivity? Microsoft!"
    They probably thought it was just another joke, I did too. But then MS logo appeared at the background and they called the guest in to make an Office demonstration using the iPad Pro...

I was like "wtf is happening" for a while.

Microsoft wants to sell people Office 365 licenses. They get the same amount of money if the person then installs it on a mac. It's all about ubiquity in the marketplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Microsoft wants to sell people Office 365 licenses. They get the same amount of money if the person then installs it on a mac. It's all about ubiquity in the marketplace.
    It's the same strategy behind creating all of their ecosystem for Android and iOS. Some WP users are pissed that they're giving the other platforms more attention though, but that's just logical since Android dominates the market by far and then you have iOS.

What is weird is Apple letting them be part of the pres, given their historic.

MicrApple confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funniest thing about today was that their stylus needs recharging.
    And that they think actual professionals are going to use their big new iPads to produce things...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-09-10 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Funniest thing about today was that their stylus needs recharging.
    And that they think actual professionals are going to use their big new iPads to produce things...
    Why does a stylus need recharging... styluses should be passive with the active side on screen / device itself.

Also relevant

R9 Nano being close to (both up and down) the GTX 980 in 1080p and outpacing it in 1440p and beyond bodes well.
    Now we need three-four generations in a row like these and have nVidia to continue to do wrong and AMD might even eat its way back up to 30%+ in 5 or so years..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    By burying electronics in the device you can have greater accuracy and more control. It also means that you can add functions like buttons or dials to the stylus. It's not like this is a new feature it's been common on devices that did more than act like a stick of plastic for quite some time.

Stuff
    Samsung pens have electronic internals and do the same thing, yet you don't need to charge them and they don't have a battery. Why? Wacom. This post at XDA explains more or less how it works (or at least how it used to work 3 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    R9 Nano being close to (both up and down) the GTX 980 in 1080p and outpacing it in 1440p and beyond bodes well.
    Now we need three-four generations in a row like these and have nVidia to continue to do wrong and AMD might even eat its way back up to 30%+ in 5 or so years..
    The Nano just proved how idiotic AMD was with the Fury X and it's WC design. The thing consumes 50% less energy and performs only 10% worse.
    It's a card that makes much more sense regardless of how you look at it, why isn't the flagship Fury air-cooled and efficient?

And what's the deal of the non-X Fury if the Nano is basically the same thing but better?

I think AMD is very strict with both Fury X and Nano, not allowing aftermarket solutions on either, which is where the Fury comes in.
    But it is clear that the Fiji circuit is very potent, but that energy efficiency drops the drain the higher you tune it. I think the Fury is the best balanced and tuned product, not only because of aftermarket solutions but because of price.
    That said, the more fully enabled Nano shows that more shaders > higher frequency. So I think that (given stock clocks only) Fury is a big compromise all around, but as long as price matters, is their best product. And possibly what I'd get if I would consider upgrading in this generation at all. But I think I shall be greedy and stick with my card for another generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    By burying electronics in the device you can have greater accuracy and more control. It also means that you can add functions like buttons or dials to the stylus. It's not like this is a new feature it's been common on devices that did more than act like a stick of plastic for quite some time.
    It's really odd to me since I've been using a three or so year old graphics tablet from Wacom that doesn't require it. I can assign the 4 buttons on the stylus as I want without having any specific hardware on it. This is considered a low end Bamboo with 1024 pressure level as opposed to 2048 in the higher end. The detection is about an 2-3cm above tablet level for a 3 years old one.

Pretty much everything you listed is in graphics tablet that I've tried or had. This is also why it's really 'strange' to me, probably because I didn't come around to these just purely from an Android/iOS tablet perspective.

I realize this isn't a proper 1-1 comparison, due to a graphics tablet having considerably more hardware space to do everything. It's just the reasoning why it seems so odd to me.

This old ass thing. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...093907_908.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-09-10 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's really odd to me since I've been using a three or so year old graphics tablet from Wacom that doesn't require it.

I realize this isn't a proper 1-1 comparison, due to a graphics tablet having considerably more hardware space to do everything. It's just the reasoning why it seems so odd to me.
    Samsung owns 10% of Wacom and the technology used at the Note series is exactly the same. Apple can't exactly throw this hardware space card.
    The Wacom digitizer is behind the display.

You'd think Apple would be able to obtain a license for this though honestly...

Hey [enter pretty much every company except Noctua], you paying attention?

http://www.corsair.com/de-de/landing/de-support

If you buy a "high performance PSU" (RM(i)/HX(i)/AX(i) series) they'll send one out by courier who'll take the old one back with them, and they want to send out all other RMAs within 48 hours.

*still grumbling about the 6 weeks it took Samsung to repair his laptop a few years ago when it took me 1 hour to take a different laptop apart and put it back together to replace a hard-drive that was nestled between the keyboard and motherboard*
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-09-10 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Corsair's RMA / Warranty has always been pretty good as far as I know.

Fiber should be a human right.
    Its benefits already far outweighs the costs. Its low maintenance cost alone justifies it. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'll be seeing fiber here in my city anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Fiber should be a human right.
    Its benefits already far outweighs the costs. Its low maintenance cost alone justifies it. :|
    Low maintenance? How so?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.morningstar.com/stocks/XNAS/MRVL/quote.html

Getting pretty worried about Marvell.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun times with accounting and management. Well, that seems to be one reason, but 16% drop is very very much a knee jerk market reaction. Not to say it's unwarranted cause I can see why trust would be lost, especially when it's your stock and dividend on the line.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, the thing is when a company does something so different from the market it's on... that's when you know it's doing poorly. Partly knee-jerk, sure, but double digit percentile losses is pretty shitty.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy, Civ V likes to crash a lot, especially when I try talking to the Ottomans.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got Civ V auto-saving on every turn because it loves to crash so fucking much. -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Mkay... ever since I switched to the DX10&11 version of the game instead of opting for the Windows 8 version, it's been smooth as shit. Welp.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-09-12 at 05:31 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water