20 minutes to download 12 gb...

I hate you

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap.

At that speed you could download...music...and pictures...and stuff...

Sorry still trying to comprehend.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you all >:(

Highest possible speed I could get at my dorm was 53/53.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Holy shit, how much do you pay per month for internet? I'm happy when mine peaks at 10MB/s and stays steady at 5-6MB/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Holy shit, how much do you pay per month for internet? I'm happy when mine peaks at 10MB/s and stays steady at 5-6MB/s.
    I don't. TV/Internet is included. If I went for 1000Mbit I'd have to pay though.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...72985603_o.jpg

This little beauty makes me wanna try my hand at a mITX build. Silverstone Sugo Series mITX case w/ 600w PSU, 8-16gb of RAM, 256gb SSD, i5-3570k and a GTX 670. Would be quite the neat little gaming rig.

Damn it, I had to go looking to see what sort of builds people were doing and now I really wantz one.....http://www.overclock.net/t/1269835/s...mini-itx-build
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-20 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Im paying 30 euros a month for 2Mbit in Slovenia :P
    Copper air lines, 5kms away from the central. God forbid there is a storm.. The only way to get decent connection around here is to live in one of the "big" cities and even then they are disappointing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone heard anything about a possible IPS 120Hz 2560x1440 display? I know LG was supposed to show one at CES in January, but apparently the 3D was shit and it was an eIPS display. Now I don't care about the 3D but apparently it was just passive 3D and it only did some low resolution, as I saw on a guru3D forum.

I'd really like to see some more monitor options on the market, all we ever see lately are either IPS displays OR 120Hz displays, and they can't seem to make any 120Hz displays over 1920x1080.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a letter that my ISP can now offer me 1Gbit fiber instead of my dreadfully slow 100/100Mbit But they take ~€100 per month for it compared to 100/100's ~€30 Maybe I'll get 250Mbit if it's 250 in upload as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about a possible IPS 120Hz 2560x1440 display? I know LG was supposed to show one at CES in January, but apparently the 3D was shit and it was an eIPS display. Now I don't care about the 3D but apparently it was just passive 3D and it only did some low resolution, as I saw on a guru3D forum.

I'd really like to see some more monitor options on the market, all we ever see lately are either IPS displays OR 120Hz displays, and they can't seem to make any 120Hz displays over 1920x1080.
    Nope! But here's a sexy one.

I recall reading articles earlier this year that there'd be a bunch of new monitors coming around october.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-07-20 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's not 120Hz!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Nope! But here's a sexy one.

I recall reading articles earlier this year that there'd be a bunch of new monitors coming around october.
    What I don't like about that one is that the wireless part doubles the price.

Either way, no, "real" 120Hz 2560*1440 IPS is very unlikely to happen any time soon. IPS is too slow for that, and I doubt any interface will handle the sheer bandwidth output of 2560*1440 120 times per second, not to mention the poor GPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely the 690 should be able to handle it, no?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Having watched that WC "tutorial" a few pages back it somewhat put some doubt into my head, does anyone have a proper WC guide that I could use? Really dont wanna fry my components.
    My guide for watercooling has exactly two steps:
    Calm down.
    Continue.

I mean, honestly, water quickly stops being terrifying when you discover it does completely fuckall as long as the system is unpowered. Position the powersupply outside for added safety if you really want to make absolutely sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    fun fun

Something tells me those will be capable of more than 100Mbit in speeds.

Used in the same rig? What capacity are they? What, if any, raid-controller do you intend to use? Or JBOD?

10+ Year Old Account
    actually they are going to be put in optiplex 780s used by graphic design students, these where cheaper than new core i7 desktops, our SSD JBOD SAN prototype is still in the budget approval stage, and it may never make it out at this point

they are 128's btw

Unrelated. But.
    I really can't stand that dude on Overclock3D. He's so incredibly annoying.
    He dislikes the sidemounted PCI-expansion? And he likes windows. Intentionally making bad cablemanagement is also infuriating.
    He also has no idea that it's called the Define.
    His camera-work is poor. Don't think I can last longer than 14min.

Thank goodness for understanding SweClockers.

EDIT1: Why does he think there are 8 optical drives?
    EDIT2: He always mounts the PSU upside down. What's up with that? Besides the fan, that is :P
    EDIT3: He actually mentioned that now. And says there's no "right or wrong way", despite there only being downsides (pun not intended). Only fanless PSUs are the ones you'd want to be running "fan" up.
    EDIT4: Why would you even want an H100 in this one? It's for silence. The H100 may not be the most loud they've put out, but even so, they would be running exhaust at the top of the case, so of course it'd be louder than with the sound dampening in place. (There's no way I'd ever use them for intake, no matter what Corsair says. Dust, no thank you)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-20 at 10:13 PM.

I can understand him not being something for everyone, lol. And honestly, as far as his camera-works goes, he does indeed fail to be impressive by any stretch of the imagination lol. But honestly? He does provide some of the more in-depth information for those that plan to watercool, in my experience.