What is wrong with our Ele?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=4617&e=4861

He's a great guy, but his dps has just been suck ass lately. Is his spell priority correct and it's just lag? or is he doing it totally wrong? # of LB casts seems awfully low.

Mostly ignore the other people.. We brought in two people who have never been in DS and I had to solo tank the last half of Ultrax...

- 0 use of Fire Elemental Totem: If you buff it properly, it call pull ~8k dps by itself.
    - 55% uptime on Fire Totem (Searing): Not only did he lose out on ~1.5k dps from not having a high uptime on Searing, but the raid lost 45% uptime on 10% SP buff.
    - Flame Shock uptime needs to be as close to 100% as possible. Considering Ultraxion is a stand-there-and-watch-CD's fight, he needs 99%.
    - He wasted a lot of LS charges for Fulmination.
    - You only use UE when you go to the other realm (right before you click the button). He definitely over used it.
    - With 0 haste and 0 Lava Surge procs, you should have a minimum of 1 LvB every 9.5 seconds (8 second CD + 1.5 sec cast). He had one every ~10.2 seconds. That's bad. Should be one every ~8 seconds.

I suggest pointing them to the Elemental FAQ stickied at the top of the page. It explains literally everything you need to know.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-03-02 at 05:40 AM.

Searing Totem: 51.9% uptime.
    Lava Burst: 244 second fight, 24 Lava Bursts, or 10.16s between Lava Bursts. Should be < 9s.
    Fulmination: 63 Rolling Thunder procs, 9 Fulminations = 7 procs per Fulmination. Should be 5-6 procs per Fulmination.

He needs to unleash elements off of cd, it's only 15s.

He only used Fulmination (i.e. Earth Shocking with 9 charges of Lightning Shield) 6 times. That ability procs all the time and should easily be in his top 3 for damage.

Plus it doesn't look like he used Lava Burst very much either.

==

Ele Shaman is one of the easier specs in the game to play. Looks like he just doesn't understand how to play it.

Radux had some helpful info as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    - 55% uptime on Fire Totem (Searing): Not only did he lose out on ~1.5k dps from not having a high uptime on Searing, but the raid lost 45% uptime on 10% SP buff.
    This is incorrect. Note that the enhancement shaman was buffed for 93% of the fight by Totemic Wrath. Ultraxion, as you may know, bugs the totems. But you can't always just rely on one character. So, this is about 1.5k damage that is not represented, but is duly owed, to Medikone.

I do believe you are correct on the Fire Elemental, though. And everything else. I'd also like to point out that while Unleash Flame is a common sight in Ultraxion logs, it should not be one otherwise. Checking through his other logs, he appears to be using it as a standard piece of his rotation.
    mhm? mhm.

I'm pretty sure he popped Fire Ele ron the pull, so maybe it didn't get picked up by WoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyther View Post
    This is incorrect. Do not listen to this in the slightest. It's something he's already doing and something he needs to stop doing. Unleash Elements, until he learns better, does not exist.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    I'm pretty sure he popped Fire Ele ron the pull, so maybe it didn't get picked up by WoL.
    The benefit of the doubt will be given due to bugs, but be sure.
    mhm? mhm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you could learn a thing or two as well.

This is definitely not the case.

The only time you use it ever as a dps gain is Ultraxion right before you click the button. All other times it's a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    This is incorrect. Note that the enhancement shaman was buffed for 93% of the fight by Totemic Wrath. Ultraxion, as you may know, bugs the totems. But you can't always just rely on one character. So, this is about 1.5k damage that is not represented, but is duly owed, to Medikone.
    Ah. Yeah. You're right. Double checked that. Still... on a stand still fight like this (or any fight, actually), 93% needs improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    He obviously doesn't entirely understand the rotation for ele, or don't realize that he needs to keep fire ele up as much as possible alone with using lava bursts, fulminations correctly. But as said before, point him toward the ele guide or to the Elitest Jerks page. It helped me out alot back in 4.2 when I started raiding on my shaman before i left WoW.

Thanks for the info. At least now I know where to focus my efforts and won't waste time trying to get him to improve computer performance.

We've had discussions with the Ele. Turns out he was always waiting until 9 stacks before using Earth shock, and he had UE macro'd into LB or something...

I also had him spec into the 2:40 elemental since fights are so quick now.

Any other glaring errors now?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=10314&e=10535
    Last edited by NickV; 2012-03-09 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo fail

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...ne/?s=12&e=289
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ul/Sare/simple

so what am I doing wrong? I should do way more than that. I think I simmed over 41k. Oh, and 2 points, that are obvious from logs, but will point them right away; I didnt have 4piece bonus at the time yet and bottled wishes is on armory only because of spine HC progress, I used volcano.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post

so what am I doing wrong? I should do way more than that. I think I simmed over 41k. Oh, and 2 points, that are obvious from logs, but will point them right away; I didnt have 4piece bonus at the time yet and bottled wishes is on armory only because of spine HC progress, I used volcano.
    Your logs seem ok. LvB interval was like 7.4 seconds but that's probably a bit off due to DTR procs. Firing fulms with just over 8 stacks too means those were fine. 98% FS uptime, 99.5% totemic wrath uptime means your totems were fine too.

You seem to have the ele rotation fine, I think you just need to go back and check your sims. 41k seems a tad high in your gear (for reference my ex GM simmed me for ultrax in my current gear and I was simming around 35-37k). Check your sim, make sure its only simming buffs you have present etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    We've had discussions with the Ele. Turns out he was always waiting until 9 stacks before using Earth shock, and he had UE macro'd into LB or something...

I also had him spec into the 2:40 elemental since fights are so quick now.

Any other glaring errors now?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=10314&e=10535
    Lava Burst: 29 casts, all crits, over a 220 second fight. One every 7.586 seconds. Thats good.

Fulmination: 10 casts, 63 stacks gained, no discharges. Thats one every 9.3 stacks. Needs to work more on this.

Flame Shock: 97.1% uptime. Should be 100%

Totems: 100% uptime and 2:40 uptime on Fire Elemental. Both good. No earth elemental which is free DPS. Should use that

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post

Dragonwrath Note - Has Dragonwrath. This makes every spell cast ~8% more often for a shaman. This means that the analysis will be far less accurate because I'm going to assume exactly 8% proc chance for your casts. You may have had great Dragonwrath RNG or horrible, and that would affect wether your performance (ie use of spells) is good because of bad Dragonwrath RNG meaning you actually used stuff more, or your performance is bad because Dragonwrath made the logs look like you played better than you actually did.

Lava Burst: 37 casts. Accounting for DTR means 37/1.08 = 34.25 casts = 35 casts. 35 casts over a 277 second fight means one every 7.914 seconds. Good

Fulmination: 18 casts. Account for DTR means 18/1.08 = 16.667 casts = 17 casts. 0 discharges and 103 stacks gained means one cast every 6.06 (9.06) stacks. Need to work on this

Flame Shock: 98.6% uptime. Should be 100%

Totems: No Earth Elemental, Good uptime on Fire Elemental, 99.5% uptime on Fire Totems. Should be 100% you let Searing drop during an Hour of Twilight I think most likely.

Note on Simmed DPS - I ran a sim on you, your Simmed DPS for me came out at 42261 DPS based on the gear you have on now, including Bottled Wishes and 4pt13 and Glyph of Unleashed Lightning. Id say because of that you had a mix of bad Heroic Will RNG, the need to improve your use of Fulmination a fair bit, probably a need to practice using Heroic Will later so your in the other realm less and bad DTR RNG too (only 8 Wrath of Tarcegos's for example, whilst this week for me my kill lasted only 32 seconds longer but I had 22 procs of Wrath of Tarcegosa, just to show you procs from Flame Shock let alone other things).
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2012-03-09 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    whats your dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayen666 View Post
    whats your dps?
    The OP did 30551 DPS in their log

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Dragonwrath Note - Has Dragonwrath. This makes every spell cast ~8% more often for a shaman. This means that the analysis will be far less accurate because I'm going to assume exactly 8% proc chance for your casts. You may have had great Dragonwrath RNG or horrible, and that would affect wether your performance (ie use of spells) is good because of bad Dragonwrath RNG meaning you actually used stuff more, or your performance is bad because Dragonwrath made the logs look like you played better than you actually did.
    You can actually manually check it in the log browser by looking at the number of spell cast events for each spell. 35 Lava Bursts, 17 Earth Shocks. While the approximations are good, 100% certainty on them is better
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Ele Shaman is one of the easier specs in the game to play. Looks like he just doesn't understand how to play it.
    1. No. Unleash Elements is almost never used. Period.
    2. No. I disagree*completely. There is a lot more*decision*making involved in an Elemental Shamans rotation than any other dps class I've played this expansion.*