Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Which movie made the most impact on you?

Searched the forums and didn't find anything like this.

I just saw "Hotaru no haka" again. Every time I watch that movie it brings tears to my eyes, which has never happened to me for any other movie.

I was wondering what "that movie" is for the people here. It doesn't have to be the best movie you've ever seen (for me that's donnie darko).
    I just want to know the movies that you'll never forget, impacted you emotionally, or changed your life.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A movie called ''Old boy'' still fascinates me every time I think about it, In fact I'm going to go watch again <.<

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Searched the forums and didn't find anything like this.

I just saw "Hotaru no haka" again. Every time I watch that movie it brings tears to my eyes, which has never happened to me for any other movie.

I was wondering what "that movie" is for the people here. It doesn't have to be the best movie you've ever seen (for me that's donnie darko).
    I just want to know the movies that you'll never forget, impacted you emotionally, or changed your life.
    duuuude... grave of the fireflies get me to tears everytime

I'm sure a lot of people think this is a terrible movie but Garden State.

I could really relate to the directionless and apathetic feeling.

Bronson. I knew I had a calling, just didnt know what as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, United 93.

I had to leave the room and go outside for a while. It was heartbreaking. Yet, the courage of the men and women who overpowered the terrorists was inspiring.

Hotel Rwanda too. Not so much heartbreaking as it was angering. There was so much genocide, yet the rest of the world ignored it, even when they had people IN THE FUCKING COUNTRY who could help.
    Putin khuliyo

LotR movies always get to me.

Deleted
    Donnie Darko

10+ Year Old Account
    As a kid (~8yrs old), Warriors of the Wind, aka Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, left a big, lasting impact. It's still one of my all time faves, though I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the rerelease as the different voice actors really threw me. I just fell in love with the themes of environmentalism, pacifism, and compassion and it was something completely different at that age. I was watching He-Man and GI: Joe lol.

There have been others since, Lost in Translation comes to mind, that have tickled my spine.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2012-07-20 at 04:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normal (2003 movie)
    Mai Via En Rose
    and Finding Forrester

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to have to go with my favorite movie Forrest Gump. The overall theme is basically "Live." Throw in a little "Never Give Up" and "Accept yourself for who you are" and you come up with some pretty solid foundations for being a decent human being.

Deleted
    Hmm, difficult as lots of movies made an impact on me when I was younger. I'm going to go with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as I still quote bits from it, remember it in it's entirety and think Sean Connery was great in it. Affected me with a mix of optimism and love of comedy.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-07-20 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    I can't shed a tear for any movie that has real people in it, but grave of the fireflies was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I can't shed a tear for any movie that has real people in it, but grave of the fireflies was great.
    I watched that about a couple years ago and omg...so sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Going to have to go with my favorite movie Forrest Gump. The overall theme is basically "Live." Throw in a little "Never Give Up" and "Accept yourself for who you are" and you come up with some pretty solid foundations for being a decent human being.
    That movie is a powerful (and goofy) movie.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    For me its a pick between two

V For Vendetta and Summer Wars

Personally I would say Remember the Titans. I've played football for 8 years, and there is nothing more inspirational and touching than a group of young men coming together, overcoming what was considered the most dividing factor of people (skin color) and emerging victorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grave of the fireflies. No contest.

Battle Royale

I will hate every goverment for creating laws that 9 graders (world wide) would have to kill each other .... Nuking the world is not enough