Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tabard as reward for hard content raiders!

Im a bit tired of all the silly mounts you get from looting bosses or completing PvE-related achievements. Most people nowadays probably got around 50-70 mounts and they keep stacking them up. Most raidrelated mounts also shares the same model and it gets boring when you got 3-5 of each kind, just different colors. I'd much rather see tabards being rewarded to dedicated raiders. Cool looking tabards that you wear to show of what you've achieved instead of just sitting afk outside the Auction House on your silly dragon. Only in high rated PvP you'll be rewarded with a unique looking tabard and I wish blizzard would add something similar to PvE.

Just something simple as adding a tabard to the Glory of the Dragon soul raider for example. Then you can show of your earned achievements by wearing a neat looking tabard that will make noobs jelous

Anyone else who'd like to see this happening in future raid contents?

They kind of had that for ICC 25 if you did Shadowmourne then one person could get the Tabard of the Lightbringer. I kind of prefer getting mounts because even though I love having a specific tabard on there are just some mounts that I would prefer to use all day long. Like Mimiron's Head or the Drake off Madness. Plus how many people truly look at tabards?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people like the mounts because they can AFK in cities and show off something they earned while all the other people gawk at them in astonishment, or so they think. A tabard, people would have to closely inspect your character, therefore, I imagine a lot of people wouldn't like the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it should give you an aura like a Super Saiyan. Yes I am serious.

Mounts are far more visible and noticeable rewards. No one looks at your tabard.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

its not purely for showing of your achievements easier. Its mainly an idea of adding new good looking tabards into the game and make them a bit harder to obtain instead of pure rep farming for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    At some point, the raiding community changed from enjoying something due to its own value, to raiding for the sole purpose of having random fucks in Org /inspect you/gawk at your kewl mounts

Tabards aren't visible enough, these "raiders" would bitch like no other if they got a tabard instead of a mount
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Tabards that are an on use item would be a step in teh right direction. I still have my orb of deception from magister's and I have my arcanite ripper . cool things liek that added to teh tabards I think is a good idea.

I wouldn't mind a second tabard of the lightbringer..

I'd be down for something other than a mount like a tabard, or even better something like a battle standard. If anyone's ever played the bonus campaign from TFT with Rexxar, something like the item you get right before you go destroy Proudmoore's castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    At some point, the raiding community changed from enjoying something due to its own value, to raiding for the sole purpose of having random fucks in Org /inspect you/gawk at your kewl mounts

Tabards aren't visible enough, these "raiders" would bitch like no other if they got a tabard instead of a mount
    You basically took the words off of my fingertips before I could type them. Well said.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I'll ever not wear my Tabard of the Lightbringer. I haven't taken it off since I got my Shadowmourne in wotlk. Unless they made a "dark" version that gave sort of a shadow form esque dark glow.

Meh, I match tabards to the looks of the character they're on. And for the rest, they sport my guild's awesome Batman-looking tabard, so it'll match my rogue when he gets his daggers this week.

Nah, give me more mounts any day.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

unless is a tabard with lightin effects and a fire spitin dragon on it i will say nay

Deleted
    tabard? meh, new type of mount? Mhm!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a tabard over a mount i couldn't care less if i flew around on the stock standed horde bat mount. Maybe ones that increase your size or make you glow would be cool.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by CakeomgCake View Post
    Anyone else who'd like to see this happening in future raid contents?
    No. Tabards look crap unless you're plate-wearing class.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with mistuh. People need to start playing for their enjoyment and not the adoration of their fans around the AH.

In Rift some rewards for the raiding Metas were pets. It would be great to have some variety instead of a mount and a title for each tier.

With transmog and all that, I doubt wearing a tabard that hides whatever armor that people had transmogged would not be very popular. Raiders get high-end gears to show off. They don't need anything else.