Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I personally dont think there is any thing with with asking people to provide their Drivers liscense or their state ID card at the voting booths. Most banks in my area ask for your ID or DL when you open a checking account. Most banks in my area ask for your ID/DL when you cash a check. Most stores in my area ask for your ID/DL when you right them a check. Most stores in my area ask for your ID/DL when you use a credit card or debit card. The police in my area always ask you for your ID/DL when they feel you are breaking the law or just generally want to know what you doing.

So I fail to see how it is some right wing conspiricy to fix voting results by asking for these things when you go to vote. After all if your to scared to go get a DL/ID then your probally doing some thing illeagel to begin with an the last time i checked criminals didnt have the right to vote any way.

I think you mean "electoral fraud" not "voter fraud".

Voter fraud is when voters do something illegal in trying to vote (vote more than once, vote in the wrong jurisdiction intentionally, vote without being eligible). Genreally speaking, this is extremely tiny.

Electoral fraud is when you try to rig the results through other means, and in many cases it has legal--though completely immoral--machinations behind it. This kind of fraud (legal and illegal) has always been around to some degree, but has grown alarmingly in the past decade.

For example: redisticting. There are ways to redistrict to make it more likely that you will win more areas/electoral votes without actually getting more votes. You can also redistrict to force strong opponents to eliminate each other (such as what just happened to Dennis Kucinich).

There has been a lot of talk of rigging voting machines but I have not seen clear proof of it (I haven't looked at all the evidence put forth I will admit).

Voter suppression tactics are common and are a mix of legal and illegal. Legal tactics include onerous requirements to get onto voter lists or to go through an expensive, lengthy, or intimidating identification/registration processes. Illegal tactics include deliberate misinformation about voting dates and locations, lying about requirements to be able to vote, and intimidation tactics like claims that immigration officers will be questioning voters. These sorts of suppression tactics are becoming more and more common because they work and aer being taught to more people. They are especially popular among conservatives because the groups easist to suppress are the poor and minorities/immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I'm referring to instances such as his long standing view on the separation of Church and state and establishing the right of individuals to practice their own religion independent of government control, despite his recent advocacy of Right to Life and support of the concept of life starting at conception, a concept deeply rooted in religious views and not science that would eliminate the options of individuals to use certain products and undergo abortions. I'm not going to get into whether pro-life or pro-choice is right, but its an example of him changing his libertarian mindset to appeal to the Republican voting base
    Actually, conception is pretty much the only bright line of 'when life begins' when using scientific criteria and it has nothing to do with religion.

The rest are man made definitions meant to soothe our consciences for ending a life for being inconvenient, so that we can live with our actions. *

And this is coming from somebody who would readily terminate my offspring if I knew it was to have birth defects.

Ron Paul will win nom sorry to all of the blind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2AvSwzuok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendol View Post
    Actually, conception is pretty much the only bright line of 'when life begins' when using scientific criteria and it has nothing to do with religion.

The rest are man made definitions meant to soothe our consciences for ending a life for being inconvenient, so that we can live with our actions. *

And this is coming from somebody who would readily terminate my offspring if I knew it was to have birth defects.
    There are many stages during a pregnancy where you can scientifically identify one as an individual. For example, you could decide that when the unborn baby's heart starts beating on its own, or its brain starts developing, or when its more than a mass of stem cells and starts taking on a form as an individual. A good number of pregnancies are terminated through natural means after conception; there are a number of trisomy conditions that allow conception, but cause the pregnancy to be rejected by the body afterwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    your sources are vids on youtube? okay, i have a video that proves the existence of chocolate rain.
    Show it. Oh wait, you don't actually have a video of that? Okay then don't come up with such a stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaank View Post
    Ron Paul will win nom sorry to all of the blind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2AvSwzuok
    Hate to break it to you, but that commentator is delusional. * Ron Paul is in no way collecting enough delegates to win the GOP nomination, and if he ran a 3rd party, he would simply hand Obama a victory because he'd take many more votes from the GOP candidate than he would from Obama.

Ron Paul might match Ross Perot's popular vote results, but I doubt it.

Hate to break it to you, but that commentator is delusional. * Ron Paul is in no way collecting enough delegates to win the GOP nomination, and if he ran a 3rd party, he would simply hand Obama a victory because he'd take many more votes from the GOP candidate than he would from Obama.

you watch too much television dude.....Ron Paul is close behind romney in delegates

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:25 PM ----------

this race for president is between Obama and Ron Paul.....sorry to tell ya this guy is right on

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:25 PM ----------

this race for president is between Obama and Ron Paul.....sorry to tell ya this guy is right on

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    There are many stages during a pregnancy where you can scientifically identify one as an individual. For example, you could decide that when the unborn baby's heart starts beating on its own, or its brain starts developing, or when its more than a mass of stem cells and starts taking on a form as an individual.
    And which of those are bright lines? But even taking those, the heart starts beating at 18 days. The brain starts developing at or around the same time. *The baby begins to develop recognizable features by a month or so. *All of these are well before most people consider it 'ok' to abort.

A good number of pregnancies are terminated through natural means after conception; there are a number of trisomy conditions that allow conception, but cause the pregnancy to be rejected by the body afterwards.
    Yes, this is quite true. Life ends on its own all the time. That doesn't change when it begins.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 11:29 AM ----------

you watch too much television dude.....Ron Paul is close behind romney in delegates[COLOR="red"]
    You troll much?
    http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/delegates
    Romney: *450-ish
    Paul: * 45
    Last edited by Mendol; 2012-03-13 at 04:28 PM. Reason: wtf is up with all the '*' showing up?

And which of those are bright lines? But even taking those, the heart starts beating at 18 days. The brain starts developing at or around the same time. *The baby begins to develop recognizable features by a month or so. *All of these are well before most people consider it 'ok' to abort.

Yes, this is quite true. Life ends on its own all the time. That doesn't change when it begins.

You troll much?
    romney is closer to 244 and paul is closer to 70 but remember there are close to 200 delegates who are unbinding right now but 70 to 80% of them are for Ron Paul so when this whole thing ends i bet you and hundreds of thousands of other jaws are gonna hit the floor and ill be laughing my head off

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:35 PM ----------

You troll much?

those numbers are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong its not even funny

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    romney is closer to 244 and paul is closer to 70 but remember there are close to 200 delegates who are unbinding right now but 70 to 80% of them are for Ron Paul so when this whole thing ends i bet you and hundreds of thousands of other jaws are gonna hit the floor and ill be laughing my head off

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:35 PM ----------

Derp.

Where exactly are you getting your information then? Paul is pretty much out of this.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part about this republican hunger games style primary is that these guys are emptying their war chests with attack ads against each other while Obama continues to add to his.

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Where exactly are you getting your information then? Paul is pretty much out of this.
    definitely not the media.....cant trust a damn thing they say

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, probably the media just wants to suppress the overwhelming majority of delegates that Paul has received. By doing that, they can convince states who haven't held their primaries to not vote for Paul. Or something.

/sarcasm off

Random youtube videos with no sourcing? Check
    Insane, unclaimed (and unsourced) statements about how close Ron Paul is to Romney in delegates? Check
    Distrust of any media source whatsoever? Check

You've given no reason whatsoever for anyone to listen to you. I'm not trying to make this a personal attack, but that last video? How can you even claim that it has been proven to be Obama? I know a couple people who can do a damn good impression of Obama, and when the video is that grainy? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

10+ Year Old Account

Alright, so you can assert that life begins in 18 days, not at conception. That only confirms my point. My point is that scientifically, you can debate when life begins. It is not clear cut at conception. The insistence that it irrefutably begin at conception comes from primarily religious views.

Or you could look at it in the way of, if there was a genetic error that made the possibility of living completely incompatible, the body rejected the pregnancy before it could develop.

So if you're not getting your information of the results from the media, then where exactly are you getting them? Going to original sources is very difficult almost to the point of impossibility. They simply release their results to the media for publication. So you think ALL the media is in the conspiracy--and on the same side as well since their results agree with each other?

Ron Paul is not competitve in this race, and he never was.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 05:08 PM ----------

In regards to straw polls (which I believe the Maine videos are referring to) those are well-known to be extremely unreliable because they are not binding and so delegates are quite susceptible to bribes and dirty tricks.

Paul often expresses confusion because the supporters at his rallies are so enthusiastic and are reasonably numerous, but then his results are so poor. That's because the people at his rallies are pretty much the only ones voting for him, whereas the more lukewarm voters who don't bother with rallies go for other candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    the third video is hilarious!

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

1960 called, and told me to laugh at you.

Besides, we know the fraud isn't as bad, because the dead are only voting once.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.