Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    She's never going to believe you. Period.
    When they have it in their head that these friends aren't just friends, there is nothing you can do or say to make them change their minds.

Honestly, if this is an issue, you need to 'kick her to the curb'. Trust is what defines a relationship.
    It's obvious that she's a child if she's complaining about 'female friends'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You'd think so, but I've come to believe that trust is more of a goal than a reality. I don't believe I've ever met a couple that genuinely trusted each other.
    Lol, then they had bad relationships. It's as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Bitches be crazy.

They can have 2000+ male friends on facebook, but you even have one female friend they flip their shit.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    nah i'm a guy who's had sex with "just friends" while my wife/gf was at home

i said the same thing, meant it, then realized i didn't really care in the end.

i've been with my ex gf's recently even though they're in a relationship and guess what they say to their BF/fiancee?

"we're just friends"

if a relationship is worth it, you'll not want to cheat. most of them aren't worth it.
    So.... because you and your ex's cheated, everyone is a cheater? That's a pretty negative view of the world and wrong to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Nothing. She will not trust or believe you no matter what.

I think everyone else will say the same ^^
    This, pretty much anyway.

And from what little details we have, she sounds very insecure.

All women are like this. *All of my gfs and later wife were insanely jealous of my female friend, never mind that she lived 200 miles away and was ugly. *Due to my wife i pretty much lost contact with her. *It's too bad. *You basically have to make choices.*

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those that says I don't care, but I really do care. I just know that it's ridiculous of me to care, so I say I'm okay with it and that's that. My boyfriend has a lot of female friends, and it would be completely unfair of me to say that he can't hang out with them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Nothing. She will not trust or believe you no matter what.

I think everyone else will say the same ^^
    This. She'll even go so far to say, "I trust you, not them." Which is just a fancy way of saying she doesn't trust you.

In all honesty, get out now because she won't change and magically accept your friends. It's an insecurity thing and unless you want to try and change her, don't even bother.

The thing about trust in a potentially dangerous situation is its like a little test. Each time. After a while we get tired of taking the test. When it comes to cross-gender friendships and your significant other, I'm a fan of hang together or hang seperately. I'm not militant about it. Sometimes plans just don't work out, but if you're making every effort to hang together and she's feeling like you leave her out, or you feel like you need your space; somethings wrong with either you, her, or your friends. Time to pick one and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    As the title says, my girlfriend has lately been complaining about my "female friends"(as she so boldly calls them), what can I do to assure her its nothing but friendship?
    I have that problem too:S I mean, the complete opposite of yours. Every time I hear about my BFs female friends, I get so jealous I want to hit him on the head with something. It's not even a trust issue. I think it is about boundaries.

I can tolerate him having female friends but not close friends. Hanging out with them when I'm not around, doing "our stuff", telling them close personal secrets, confessing to them, listening to their problem and offering a shoulder to cry on and things like that are just completely unacceptable for me. I trust that he won't sleep with them but I don't trust him not doing those things because he has before and we had huge fights over it (read: me yelling at him and even not speaking to him for weeks). He just doesn't feel they are wrong.

But for me, I think emotional cheating is worse than physical. I could probably forgive a one-nighter after heavy drinking with no feeling involved with a stranger, but not an amotional cheating like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    girls are funny like that "what you have a female friend? you're obviously sleeping with her!" "oh this guy? hes been my friend forever! i just get along better with guys" dont try to wrap your head around it, there is no logic when dealing with a female.
    My wife doesn't care about my female friends. but she isn't illogical and childish like some of the girls being referred to in this thread. I say girls because a mature rational woman doesn't act in this manner. Maybe I'm just really lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

(On a night were she is very tired and doesn't want to fight)
    Come home drunk one night, and fall asleep on the bed next to her, so that she wakes up and moves you over to your side of the bed. When she goes to remove your pants yell at her, "Go away lady, I have a girlfriend". She will love you forever and never doubt you again.
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |

10+ Year Old Account
    And I think it's ingrained in girls minds at a young age that every other woman is competition for your man, and she must be treated as an enemy. It really must be quite the mind fuck to be put in a situation like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    It's usually like that, women can have male friends, but men can't. I'm not saying it's like that, just it's more common than the other way around. But trust me, if you're young and she's like that, don't plan on merrying her if she doesn't change, because if not, she will be one jealous mean machine when she starts getting older

Deleted
    its easy.

Guys have male friends.

Girls have female friends..

There you go, Guys and girls cant be just "friends" one of them will pass the line at some point, its in our nature.

Normally its the guy that steps over the line and tries to make a move, even if the girl has a boyfriend.

I go with these rules, I got male friends, my girlfriend/wife got female friends, thats how it is .. No reason for jealous mis-haps.

Im sure some can make it work, but .. Im not gonna have my wife go out with a male friend to see a movie or drink some coffee somewhere, just because they know eachother from "before" .. Sorry, not gonna happen on my watch.. its either these rules or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanevil View Post
    (On a night were she is very tired and doesn't want to fight)
    Come home drunk one night, and fall asleep on the bed next to her, so that she wakes up and moves you over to your side of the bed. When she goes to remove your pants yell at her, "Go away lady, I have a girlfriend". She will love you forever and never doubt you again.
    I like this idea and may just use it myself.

However, my ex was like this. Before we got together she knew about Emma (best friend for ~65% of our lives) and knew about the silly amount of time spent together. Anyways, she poked fun at it before we got together then once we were together, the name "Emma" was banned and she was convinced I was cheating on her.

Yeaaaaaahhhh. I'd be so lucky.

Conveniently we broke up. Hell yeah.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My husband and I share friends and we hang out with them as a couple. Always together.
    Would I trust my husband alone with another woman? Yes.
    Would he ever put himself in that situation? No. He respects me too much and the same goes for me. I wouldn't hang out with another guy just out of respect for my husband. Works for us just fine. He's my best friend anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she doesn't trust you, and doesn't believe you, you basically don't have a relationship. You may have a fuck buddy, but not a real relationship.

You can try and sit down and explain it to her, but chances are it won't matter. If she has some reason to distrust her(such as you previously cheating), well you're totally screwed. Distrust can also be a sign that she's the one who's actually done something distrustful, if you don't trust yourself, you likely don't trust others.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Dump her or make her befriend them, the later option being the best if you really loooove her. Some chicks are straight out wacko though, I used to have a female friend that acted very disrespectful and catty towards any girl I fancied, got fed up with it after a while and stoped socializing with her.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The guy response to the OP (aka what every post has said): OMG she doesn't trust you, she totally should...

Rational response to the OP: some people are the jealous type. I am a guy, and I am the jealous type. When I was dating the female who is now my wife, I didn't like it when she hung out with other guys, even if they were just friends to her... partly because I don't trust other guys, and she might be more than just a friend in their eyes...

Perhaps, if you actually like this girl, you will take her feelings into consideration and hang out with other girls less, because you know she doesn't like it and it is only going to cause you friction in your relationship...

Perhaps you put her feelings and desires over your own... pretty sure that is what love is, after all..........

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    As the title says, my girlfriend has lately been complaining about my "female friends"(as she so boldly calls them), what can I do to assure her its nothing but friendship?
    There's NOTHING you can do about it you will NEVER convince your GF that they are "just" friends...Friendship with the other sex DOESN'T EXIST...it's a myth...There's always one who wants more then being just friends...

Your ONLY WAY to "damage control" would be to invite your girlfriend when you go out with the other girls...