10+ Year Old Account

Ember Isle Instant Adventure PTS Test 13th March

Just a heads up that Trion plan to do a test of the Ember Isle Instant Adventures on the PTS tomorrow, Tuesday the 13th...

PTS Event Tuesday, 3/13 @ 4PM PST – New Ember Isle Instant Adventure Feature!

We’ve now made it easier than ever to go adventuring with your fellow ascended. Soon you’ll get to experience the thrill of Instant Adventure in Ember Isle!

Join us on the PTS Tuesday, March 13 @ 4PM PST (11PM GMT), for your first look at Ember Isle Instant Adventure as we try to find any kinks, bugs, or pressure points. This is a brand new feature – so don’t expect it to be 100% fully functional but that’s what PTS is for!

We look forward to seeing you there!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...e-feature.html

Seemed fairly solid the few times i checked it out, except that it would always port you in at Abundant Wilds, which was a bit far away from the 'action' at times, no doubt that will be tested tomorrow night

Oh man. I was hoping they'd come out with a new zone for IA (came back recently and while I love IA, only having it in 2 zones is meh). I should probably start checking into what they are putting into 1.8 for non-raiders (or start my haggard ass raiding again).

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Oh man. I was hoping they'd come out with a new zone for IA (came back recently and while I love IA, only having it in 2 zones is meh). I should probably start checking into what they are putting into 1.8 for non-raiders (or start my haggard ass raiding again).
    They want to implement it into every zone, I'm assuming that means it will become available during levelling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    They want to implement it into every zone, I'm assuming that means it will become available during levelling too.
    That would be awesome tbh. Would love to level through IA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    That would be awesome tbh. Would love to level through IA.
    If they manage to pull off leveling through instant adventures, this game will be one of the absolutely best ones out there. Gone with the single player quests, in with adventures with lots of people. Would be epic really and hard to beat for other games

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    If they manage to pull off leveling through instant adventures, this game will be one of the absolutely best ones out there. Gone with the single player quests, in with adventures with lots of people. Would be epic really and hard to beat for other games
    It'd be interesting to see. Curious if IA would fall apart completely if there aren't enough people around to keep it moving, leaving a perpetual small group at best, or if the addition of IA would keep more people online and active during a 27-31 leveling bracket, for instance.

From what I am hearing the current plan is to do EI in 1.8 then start working on the lower level zones for 1.9 And either in 1.8 or 1.9 (probably 1.9) IA's will begin to integrate zone events into their architecture as well. As for the other zones in 1.9, not sure if they plan on doing the starter areas but I don't think they will. But I would assume we will see probably Silverwood/Freemarch. Maybe even Gloamwood and Droughtlands as well.

The EI ones seem to be in early staged right now. Aside from the insane sourcewell defense ones, they are all kill quests. Now that was the case for the other IA's to for awhile then the more unique quests and boss encounters were added as the patch testing wore on. So I do think we will get those as well. But for now its a little bland. Exp is very good. You get more insights. ISS drop rate is the same or close to the same, so IMO needs to be increased a bit. No fluff currently, but that was the last thing added to the other two IA's before they launched.

It'd be interesting to see. Curious if IA would fall apart completely if there aren't enough people around to keep it moving, leaving a perpetual small group at best, or if the addition of IA would keep more people online and active during a 27-31 leveling bracket, for instance.
    It will be a non issue, cause the they shooting for mentoring to be a part of 1.9. Which means you will be leveled down to the people native to the zone.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-03-15 at 06:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was once in an IA group with only like 1 other person, we just kept doing it, it all scales based on how many people are in the group, so if there's two, it's much easier.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water