Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's interesting to me that the class i'm interested in (engineer) is sharing first place with class that annoys me quite a bit (mesmer).

Mesmer is tied for first yeaa!!!! oh wait...

I voted for ranger. I'm so sick of bow and arrow type classes having to have pets.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I voted for ranger. I'm so sick of bow and arrow type classes having to have pets.
    Yea. That's why I loved playing a Marksman in Rift or a Scout in Radiant Arcana. Ranged DPS and Ranged Tank [respectively] w/ no pets/minions. Awesome stuff.

The only pet class I enjoyed was EQ's Beast Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Popcorn View Post
    When I saw a video of the Ranger class with a bow I was really disappointed, every skill they used was just an exact copy of an existing skill of the Hunter from WoW.
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/ ... what bow skills are you talking about. What hunter skill knocks enemies back, make them vulneable while granting your pet switfness, what skill does more damage the further away from enemy you are, bleeds them if you hit them from side or behind etc etc ...

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea. That's why I loved playing a Marksman in Rift or a Scout in Radiant Arcana. Ranged DPS and Ranged Tank [respectively] w/ no pets/minions. Awesome stuff.

The only pet class I enjoyed was EQ's Beast Lord.
    Yeah ... you don't even have to use pet in GW1 ... if you are stuck with it in GW2, that's a pity.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/ ... what bow skills are you talking about. What hunter skill knocks enemies back, make them vulneable while granting your pet switfness, what skill does more damage the further away from enemy you are, bleeds them if you hit them from side or behind etc etc ...
    omg they shoot people in the knee lol

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah ... you don't even have to use pet in GW1 ... if you are stuck with it in GW2, that's a pity.
    Had a Ranger in GW1 named Morning Woodsman. XD

I used him to make moola running people to LA back in the day. But yea, I do not like pet classes.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    omg they shoot people in the knee lol
    Canceled preorder, uninstalled Windows, rubbed hardrive with magnets, called the cops, threw computer out the window, set the house on fire, living off the land now.

But I seriously hope they change that. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go with the Warrior on this one. I love caster classes, and the Guardian seems to be more of my playstyle for a heavy armor type than the warrior. The Warrior seems to the be jack of all trades class in GW2, being good at range and melee, but bringing nothing truly interesting to the table. It is the most "boring" class to me, but I will still probably make one after I buy additional character slots.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say ranger is my least favorite. I thought mesmer would have been my least favorite, but after seeing footage from the last beta weekend, I enjoyed the look of the mesmer class.

I'm not a fan of the ranger because I'm not a huge fan of perma-pets (I.E. requiring them to do anything.) Interestingly enough, I prefer necro over ranger because of mainly aesthetic reasons (black magic vs bows, arrows, and nature) and necros don't always have to have a pet out.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Not really surprised by the results of the poll, except for the fact that rangers are #1. Which I find odd considering the archetype "Ranger" class tends to be very popular.

Mesmer is tied for first yeaa!!!! oh wait...

I actually like Mesmers being quite disliked by so many, it makes the few of us mesmers special gems .

I actually like Mesmers being quite disliked by so many, it makes the few of us mesmers special gems .
    The only way to be a special gem is to roll sylvari guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to be a special gem is to roll sylvari guardian.
    That leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. I don't think a Sylvari Thief will be as popular, either so I am glad I am rolling that at least.

Deleted
    Ranger is probably my number 2...hmmmm...or Guardian, depending on mood.

Ranger - meh, twangy nature crap with pet...

Guardian - meh, lots of armour and big weapons...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Engineer mechanics are great, but I hate the gun/backpack theme. I've always hated turrets and like the like as well, drop and forget abilities blow.

I'll still be trying everything in beta though.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    That leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. I don't think a Sylvari Thief will be as popular, either so I am glad I am rolling that at least.
    One of the major lore characters is a sylvari theif. Gonna be a bunch of RP going on.

The way I view things when they are described as "holy" (like undead priests and sylvari guardians) is their faith. Faith,determination, and beliefs give them their strength in the form of holy. Now it doesn't mean they are literally blessed with holy energy, but their own very drive and existence gives them power.

Now we all know sylvari worship a certain tablet, and that is their faith, their god that gives them their power of a guardian in a different form.

Or the shadow council manipulates that energy for evil purposes.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-16 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the major lore characters is a sylvari theif. Gonna be a bunch of RP going on.

The way I view things when they are described as "holy" (like undead priests and sylvari guardians) is their faith. Faith,determination, and beliefs give them their strength in the form of holy. Now it doesn't mean they are literally blessed with holy energy, but their own very drive and existence gives them power.

Now we all know sylvari worship a certain tablet, and that is their faith, their god that gives them their power of a guardian in a different form.
    You know guardian magic is justice not holy though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You know guardian magic is justice not holy though right?
    Holy is just a term people can recognize.

But if we use the term justice, a guardian is a guardian depends on their definition of the word justice meaning evil can be justice to people.

Which makes explaining things a lot easier ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was thinking that the Guardian's magic is not holy based, but just defensive spells.

Edit: You already explained it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is just a term people can recognize.
    I suppose, but as a charr it makes me want to correct it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Guardian doesn't really have any connection to faith or holy powers or anything like that. The wiki says:
    Guardians specialize in protective and defensive magic. A deep sense of loyalty to their allies fuels their passion and power.
    So what they're using is just plain old magic, fueled by their friendships and loyalties. They are, after all, Guardians.
    Think... Gohan from DBZ. When he was fighting Cell, he was so angry about what was happening to his father and his friends, that he went to the 2nd super saiyan form. Although anger/rage is what tends to fuel a saiyan's power, Gohan's and Goku's anger was often fueled by their desire to protect their friends, family, even the world.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.