Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

Silent Service 2

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I must be getting old when I think the games you're pointing out as "old" are still rather new to me. Youngsters today, you haven't been part of the golden age

Here's what I first thought about. One of the absolutely best adventure games of ALL TIME!

Ok, going to get DoS on your asses.

Eye of the Beholder and Eye of the Beholder II

Scorched Earth: Mother of all Games

Good luck finding this one...
    Arena21
    A turn based game of 1-4 wizards with randomly selected spells in an arena, let the destruction commence.

10+ Year Old Account

LBA2 Damn I miss that game.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Some interesting things here. BTW since so many have asked what I was considering oldie was the games of past generations. It's amazing though looking at these games and just seeing how much graphical detail has come along. Here's an image of probably the oldest type of game that were on the hard drives of the oldest computers. The games were only playable by using very specific text commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 for Starship Titanic. NO SPITTING.

How about this'n...

When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table...

Deleted

Underrated classic in my eyes.

Rise of the Triad
    Thief
    Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego
    Hover

Bioforge

Descent

Out of this World

9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted

Very fond memories of early 90's PC gaming

Jill of the Jungle
    Heretic
    Blakestone
    Halloween Harry
    Biomenace
    Monster Bash
    Raptor Call of Shadows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Very fond memories of early 90's PC gaming

Jill of the Jungle
    Heretic
    Blakestone
    Halloween Harry
    Biomenace
    Monster Bash
    Raptor Call of Shadows
    I salute you my good man its been to long since I played any of these I used to be addicted to the music on Raptor, and used to love killing people with the ethereal Crossbow (Yes it was cheesy!).
    A few others I would like to personally add are:

Jazz Jackrabbit (Which I realise someone else mentioned and I salute you too) Another game with awesome music specially medievo.
    Xenon 2 (One of the few game I just cant get to work anymore no matter how hard I try)
    Pacific Island
    Warcraft 1 (Although I didnt actualy have the whole game I only had the 3 level demo where it was impossible to beat the 3rd level)
    Then my 2 favourite games ever UFO Enemy Unknown and X-COM Terror from the deep <3

A few other ones which you guys probably dont really remember :P since im ancient and so are these.
    Is on Amstrad CPC464
    Such as Renegade
    Operation Gunship
    Harrier Attack
    Stallone Cobra
    Dragon Ninja
    Nebulos

And just incase your realllly old like me and remember the 80s How about a Commodore Vic 20? With Games such as Frogger and Neutron Zapper?

Okay so I may have just shown my age

(If your as old as me maybe theres a slight chance you will remember them otherwise im sure they will be lost on you hehe I doubt any of you like the idea of loading a game for 25 minutes Good old tapes -_-)

Deleted
    Transport Tycoon
    War Wind (cuz nobody remembers that stuff.)
    The Lost Vikings (very first game by Blizzard)
    Albion
    original Prince of Persia series (duh, it was not like the games you know under this name)
    Total Annihilation
    Stonekeep

I wouldn't list games like XCOM/UFO because they are all kinda legendary, and you can hardly call them forgotten.

Deleted
    I would think so too, but having mentioned them recently to a few people that are alot only 10 years younger then myself I found none of them had a clue what either XCOM or UFO are and they are pretty big geeks.
    Also I always thought the Lost Vikings was really dull -_-
    I forgot about the old Prince Of Persia series though I heard they made a remake of it so I guess thats probably lost a bit of its magic saddly :/ Remakes are never what there original is.
    Oh and I forgot about another classic I loved :P Battle Isle and Battle Isle 93 awesome games

gothic 1 (not that old tho), retail may cause some problems with win 7 installed.
    settlers II (not playable with win 7 installed, because its impossible to install, well at least I think so) there is a new version with the same concept but better graphics, but I didnt really played it.
    total annihilation

Dark Forces II a.k.a. Jedi Knight

Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

That was quite fun.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-03-18 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how I would love to play this one again.

Deleted

Seems relavant to this thread.