Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you got into the beta and want to break NDA on a forum go set up your own. Some people have strange opinions on what forum mods should be able to do. If they want to infract and ban someone for whatever reason they can it's that simple. The legalities and practice of NDAs does not come into it. If you don't like those rules feel free to open up your own forum with your own ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    edgecrusherO0 please stop spamming. There's already a sticky on this topic.

Next time feel free to use the search tool. It's very convenient!
    He should infract that guy. He's clearly causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This isn't a debate guys. Abide by the rules or get infracted. End of story.
    Honestly you're acting like a parent, you don't actually have an argument so "Go to your room"

Okay I guess i'll leave.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Honestly you're acting like a parent, you don't actually have an argument so "Go to your room"

Okay I guess i'll leave.
    Actually, what he's saying is: This isn't up for debate, obey the rules, or I kick you out to the street.

Very different!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    Yeah, the forums are definitely recognized as a trustworthy news source.

Derp Derp Derp.
    No but the main news front page is... and if a forum allows NDA breaking, they won't have a good reputation with gaming companies. And MMO-Champ not only represents itself, it represents the Curse network, which is pretty damn big.

Okay I guess i'll leave.
    On the plus side if he's busy here, he probably doesn't have time to actually go have kids. That's a win-win for everyone I suspect.

Okay I guess i'll leave.
    Don't make me put you in time out young man.

Okay I guess i'll leave.
    This is a private forum, they can put whatever rules they want. If you don't wanna listen to them, you'll get infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This is a private forum, they can put whatever rules they want. If you don't wanna listen to them, you'll get infracted.
    Well, actually this is a public forum.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Don't make me put you in time out young man.
    Lift him out holding the ears, old fashion style!

It's their forum which they've opened to the public, they're allowed to moderate it however they see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Beta where you can't even talk about beta with other people. Sounds like fight club, except it won't make as much money.

Breaking news: There's classes and races in gw2.

Please don't spam. Post productively and on topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-17 at 05:06 PM.

No, it's not. Just because it's open to anyone to register, doesn't mean it's public. It's still moderated. A public forum would have no moderators, and a public forum would mean you have freedom of speech, but here you abide by the rules.

kinda funny how kids these days get worked up over "no secrets" and transparency in the government and do stupid shit like leak documents but defend a games right to hide secrets. just pointing it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Anax View Post
    Beta where you can't even talk about beta with other people. Sounds like fight club, except it won't make as much money.
    The first rule of Beta, is that you don't talk about beta.
    The second rule of Beta, is that you don't talk about BETA!

so does anyone wanna talk about beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. Just because it's open to anyone to register, doesn't mean it's public. It's still moderated. A public forum would have no moderators, and a public forum would mean you have freedom of speech, but here you abide by the rules.
    Public means open. Private means it's limited to a specific group.

MMOC is open to anyone to join. Logic. O_o

Nowhere in the definition of "public" does it also say "Must be completely open and free to any form of action or speech."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

If you say so.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

MMOC is limited to people who signed up. A public forum is something like 4chan, no username needed total anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

Nowhere in the definition of "public" does it also say "Must be completely open and free to any form of action or speech."
    You log on, you follow rules. It's not public. It has its own rules, its moderated, they are free to ban you and do whatever they want to you. Just because anyone can make an account doesn't mean it's a public forum.