Deleted

Alignment, A quickfix

I only have played during this free weekend so if I'm missing something essential I appologize.

So a big part of the storyline is driven by your choices (eg good/bad deeds). After a short research I found that these good/evil alignment was mainly a cosmetic feature (both visualwise and storywise). What struck to me was that it seems like in order to maxamize your experience you must always choose one side and never the other (in order to get max alignment with your side of choice). All items/features which revolves around this alignment require a specific level of either side. But why is the people who like to do the good thing sometime and bad things sometime punished. I mean with some npcs you sympathise with and some you dont, some npcs you like to help some you like to kill.

Wouldn't it be a quite easy fix to this minor issue to introduce some new gear/features that requires BOTH a certain lvl in the light side AND the dark side.
    (eg. there are 2 mounts that requires lvl 5 in either side, so add a 3rd mount that requires lvl 4 darkside and lvl 4 lightside simultenously).

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no advantage of going full dark side, or full light side bar some pets/mounts, and a few relics while levelling. Once you hit 50, you'll see that your light/dark side points don't matter at all concerning gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There is no advantage of going full dark side, or full light side bar some pets/mounts, and a few relics while levelling. Once you hit 50, you'll see that your light/dark side points don't matter at all concerning gear.
    For some people "concerning gear" is aestietic gear too, not only BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Pretty much this. The only thing being full dark/light gets you is a title.

In addition, if you just pick up diplomacy you can ignore all alignment ramifications, do what you want, and just run diplomacy missions to "fix" your alignment to the side you want.

1.) Hit 50
    2.) Farm low level flashpoints for light/dark side points AND/OR run the hell out of diplomacy
    3.) Max your alignment and enjoy the (lack of) alignment related items

They are adding in grey gear at some point for those that stay in the neutral alignment. Frankly, alignment doesn't have much worth outside of the story actions, the sith corruption feature, and the odd item here and there. There is no light or dark side specific end game gear. No major pieces anyway. Once you start doing the end game stuff, alignment becomes rather pointless. Play how you want. If you want to play a jedi knight who romances everything in sight (that the game allows for anyway) but otherwise plays nice with the jedi code, go for it. If you want to play the sith warrior who lets everyone go and only kills the occasional idiot who had it coming, go for it. Ultimately, alignment matters little outside of your story and titles you obtain. There is no rule saying we have to go straight one side or the other.

As for being like 8000 light and 8000 dark, you can't. You cap out at 10000 total. My warrior was 2500 dark, 7500 light when I hit 50. She's now 2000 light, 8000 dark. I've been leveling alts so kind of quit playing my warrior. Anyway, once you hit 10000 total points, one side starts to get points subtracted. So you can't have 10000 light and 10000 dark. Once you hit 10000 for one, the other side will be 0. If you opt to flop to the other side, then once you max the other side, the side you started on will now be 0. It's a game of tug-o-war.

Deleted
    I do not think I am max light or dark on any of my 50s. I played the game the way I wanted to play it, making the choices I wanted. I had a lot more fun than trying to follow a single "path". A LOT MORE!

At 50 there is no difference or benefit to having max alignment except, as some people said, of a specific mount and a non-combat pet. The relics are quickly ignored simply by running a couple of hard-modes or PVPing. Color crystals have no alignment anymore.

There is also, supposedly coming in 1.2, a Legacy bit for reaching level 50 on a character without being LS or DS (or rather, having the difference between your LS & DS point be < 2000 so you're between LS I and DS I (in other words, a "neutral" side).